PC .vs. Console

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by fuzion3153, Jul 13, 2011.

1. fuzion3153

fuzion3153 Member

GPU:
    Msi SeaHawk 1080
    So new guy shows up at my workplace, all on his mighty horse and starts this topic with me "Hey do u play battlefield?" Yeah, I got it for PC and he goes "Why? games suck on PC" ... :banana: :bang: BATTLE COMMENCE!

first couple of things he starts out with - "The graphics on my xbox aren't any better then PC, there all the same" - :puke2: :bang::3eyes:

"Playing on my TV is way better then playin on a computer monitor" :puke2:

all I said was yup.. yeah.. yup, cool. On the inside I was like wow this guy no idea? Im not starting a flame war, but this is seriously a senseless argument, what do you guys say to someone with type of attitude?

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    you get this in all walks of life, if you know all mobile phones inside out youll get some idiot saying the iphone is the only phone to own even though they know nothing about the phone tech, only because their mate told them it was the best.

I avoid such conversations and leave them be, if they really get under my skin i tell them how $hit their console actually is( not offending console people, i just mean if the guy deserves it )

3. fuzion3153

fuzion3153 Member

GPU:
    Msi SeaHawk 1080
    True true, some people just fathom me with some of the talk they come up with? first thing that comes to mind is.. have they ever played a game on a PC? Mouse + Keyboard > Controller for a gun game / MMO stuff like that. I love gettin new gear for my PC, upgrading it every few years.

4. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    This, all of this

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nGreedia RTX 3080
    Playing a console game specifically on a TV actually is better because of the bleeding/smudging effect TVs have combined with the fact that people usually stay at least 2 meters away from the TV. The bleeding/smudging combined with the distance makes it far more difficult to tell how low res and aliased console games are.

Buying a monitor large enough to sit a good distance away is usually not an option, they cost way too much and often have resolutions that would require more than 1 top end video card to play modern games (with all eye-candy enabled).

6. fuzion3153

fuzion3153 Member

GPU:
    Msi SeaHawk 1080
    Monitor - 27.5" Hanns G 250$
    ATI 6870 - 200$ max out everything on any game pretty much
    or
    Nvidia 570 300$ max out as well.

450$ > $1999.99 50" TV

not including the 200-400$ Ultimate Unlocked Super 24k Gold HDMI Cord they buy for it when u can buy from monoprice for like 5-15$ depending on length

However, I do see your point with being far enough away that u dont see the actual quality of the game as if u were close enough with a game on a desktop. But I do enjoy the good DX11 + Tesselation when availible and Eyefinity power if I ever wanted to upgrade.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You could have given him an in person demonstration of the 'RRoD' by choking the crap out of him...:)

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    PS3 looks horrible on my 50" at 7-8 feet, but i do agree with you if the tv size is smaller its fine

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nGreedia RTX 3080
    I was thinking more like 36"+, more towards TV size. I can't even remember any 36" monitor ATM. I was thinking of high quality stuff, at 27" they use 2560x1440 resolution, the one you mentioned is 1920x1200 isn't it? Either way at 36" the res would be require too much GPU power.

Playing console games on my own monitor is a nightmare. It's 23" so I sit right in front of it... but it's resolution is 2048x1152. Even the better looking PS3 games which are 1024x576 with 2-4xMSAA or 4xQAA look like a mentally handicapped child scribbled on the monitor.

10. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti

11. Saifz

Saifz Master Guru

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    ps3 for me

12. *Bio*

*Bio* Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 6620G
    PS3 pwns pcs

13. suture

suture Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    playing in a fullHD tv is great :]
    with my pc connected ofc :]
    last time i connected a ps2 to my philips 42" almost had an heart attack.
    even in the emulator looks nicer

14. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Seriously, XBOX 360 and the PS3 looks like sh!t on HDTV ... they only look good on SDTVs ... I rather play my X360 games on my 15 year old CRT TV than on my friend's 30 inch LCD HDTV lol.

I would actually rather play the console ports on my PC with my XBOX 360 controller than get the XBOX 360 version because it's cheaper and doesn't look like ****.

deltatux

15. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nGreedia RTX 3080
    [​IMG]

17. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    In before lock. PC all the way.

18. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    As for myself it's simple. When my friends play games such as COD on ps3 and then showing them the very same game on my pc, their like WOW, graphics so much better, smooth & not laggy, no blur or jagged lines... :)

PC is the ultimate.

19. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I closed my N4G account because I got sick of dealing with that B.S. I was like one of like 10 PC gamers out of 500k on that site.

I just want to say the following:

1. 99% of PC games can be played by gamepad if you want natively, and 100% can be played via third party programs like Xpadder so the argument of 'gamepad vs mouse' is made redundant.

2. 'couch vs desk'/ 'TV vs monitor' : I use my HDTV as my PC monitor and play from my couch. So that argument is reduant.

3. 1080p 60 frames long draw distances 16AF, 8MSAA+, Mods, config editing, cheaper games...

Those 3 points are all that needs to be said but I think it's always important to remember this picture when attempting to educate these type of people.

[​IMG]

It is a waste of your time just as it was a waste of mine trying to educate these similarly like minded drones.

By all means shut him down and laugh in his face but when they start pulling out insane comments like 'no PC game looks as good as Killzone 3' when every PC multiplat from the last 4 years does...it's time to walk away, laughing mind you; but still, arguing with that kind of ignorance just ends up pissing you off.

20. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    I own A pretty decent PC, an XBox and a PS3. I also have a Nintendo DS and a PSP. I like having all the consoles for their respective exclusives. Other than that though, They are expensive spiderwebs. I play my PC far more than the consoles. Especially sinceI enjoy WoW.

Online gaming is also far better on PC in my opinion. I just like being stationed at an entertainment hub, as opposed to a limited console. But I love them all either way, just prefer the PC as a platform.