PC version of San Andreas released!!!! Reactions?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by David16k, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Freddoww

Freddoww Member Guru

GPU:
    x800 pro 535 / 1160 + fat1lity
    if u have a nvidia card, u are lucky, becoz me and a friend of mine have a problem with ati, and i think more ppl have this problem. the menu is all bug, no letters and when i start the singleplayer it crashes to desktop GG :(

btw, we both have a ati 9600, so mayb its the 9600 only

I hope they gonna fix this sOOn!!

2. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

try different drivers?

3. evilcircuit

evilcircuit Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 6800 OC w/Zalman VF700-
    I am using the latest from creatives site.

4. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    creative are rubbish with driver/software updates

is there another company that does cards with as much features??

i must be on about my 10th creative card in a row and id love to change companies!

5. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    Very, very sweet !!!

Bought this first thing today. I'm lovin' my new hearcut, tattoo and muscles. Feel a bit hungry after first hours of playing. Time for a Full Rack or 2 ;)

All of ya bitches should really get this game :D

6. Soilwork

Soilwork Master Guru

GPU:
    Legend 8800GTS 640MB
    Try KX Audio drivers. google them

7. Freddoww

Freddoww Member Guru

GPU:
    x800 pro 535 / 1160 + fat1lity
    yay, finally got this game working and its pretty cool

[​IMG]

^^

my frames per second is very low, but i have no stuttering or lag...

is there a setting that i have to enable/disable that will get my fps higher?

8. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

turn your AA down 1 level ie go from 4xaa to 2x

9. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT XXX 256MB VIVO
    Man, it looks like this is one of the bugiest games ever made. Every forum I visit is flooded by people who are having problems:
    - not able to install the game
    - not able to start the game
    - not able to hear any sound
    - missing textures
    - not able to get into the graphics menu
    - low framerates

GTA 3 and VC both work fine without a patch, but San Andreas has the same problems as Boiling Point.

Rockstar needs to release a patch soon or people will get really pissed.

This game has perfect gameplay, but the bugs are ****ing up the game completely.

10. Roccer

Roccer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    all these problems are a mystery. i agree something has to be fixed. on the other hand, (and not pointing fingers here) the majority of problems ive seen others having has been due to poor upkeep of the user's system, or due to using a no_CD crack. so dont place all of the blame @ Rockstar.

Personally, ive had no problems at all with anything in the game, be it sound, graphical glitches, custom songs, saving, controls. etc.

i running it @ 1280x1024 32bit, 5.1 sound, draw dist 3/4th of the way to max, MIP mapping off (see the optimization thread as to why) , frame limiter off (at least taht was fixed after the BIG bug in VC), and textures set to high. using the 66.03 forceware drivers (or 66.07 i cant remember & am not at home to check).

11. P4 Gamer

P4 Gamer Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 1080 HOF
    This Game Is Dated

Loved GTA VC. This game I was very excited about until I bought it yesterday... Installed with no problems at all.

Totally unimpressed. Too much cheapskate console port going on here. I mean Rockstar only made close to $100M with the GTA series so could not afford to update the game engine for the PC could they...

Rockstar really should have done better for the PC as some of the textures look awful. Sound is also very buggy. I can run it @ 1600x1200x32 but then the washed out PS2 textures look even worse (like they belong in a 1996 3DFX early title). Also lags a lot even @ 1280x1024x32 with full AA & AF on. My PC runs HL2, Doom3 & Far Cry @ 1600x1200x32 with 8AA & 16AF smoothly yet Rockstar release this unoptimised POS with only a crappy & buggy shimmer effect over what Vice City had in it graphically and the frame rates are rubbish with fast GFX hardware that eats alive other better looking DX9 titles.

Skyboxes are also messed up as you can clearly see horrible colour bands when the time shifts which were not present in VC. Same for the new weather FX not as good as VC and the moon texture is glitchy so obviously no QC there either.

Gameplay is also 90-95% the same as VC with way too much running around searching for obscure locations. The new parts like the gym are so tedious as is the racist cliched gangsta/rapper dialogue.

Controls are also a bit messed up as you need to use mouse, keyboard + gamepad to get the most out of. Still no map key or quick save/load options means you have to go through the tedium of getting back to the mission start if you failed.

Rockstar obviously just reused the console VC engine threw all the low res PS2 textures in for the PC & spent 8 months getting it into a playable state.

They should have got the GFX gurus @ Remedy (another Rockstar studio) to do them a better game engine as this one is really showing its age and a massive shock to the system when almost every other title has DX9 eye candy.

If you have not bought it yet then lower your expectations as IMO it is @ best a Vice City 1.5 mission pack type release and should not have been full price but mid price.

12. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    must admit. of all the gta's i have played i prefered the 3 one most. just such a huge step between the 2nd one and i just prefered it more to VC.

13. RussianEmpire

RussianEmpire Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800 NU 16.1 6.1 stock @ 430 870 for benches
    My reaction is that i hope rockstar gets bunkrupted and destroyed and all of the employes get fired and live like bums
    Because they DESTROYED GTA SA with the ****ing Remote Control misions THAT destroyed the game for me and i hope Rockstar goes bankrupt

14. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    haha, the remote control mission is tough isn't it. took me about two weeks of trying and giving up and going back to trying to pass the remote control plane mission.

15. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Went out and brought my copy and running perfect on my ps2 joypad adaptor

3 things which would make it great

1. a button to quickly flash up a full scale map
    2. a frame limiter at 60fps instead/ as well as 30 fps
    3. HDR :D

16. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    Guys i got a big problem, seems like every time a video is about to be displayed, the game craches back to desktop :/

In short, i can play the game, run around do anything i want, except starting a mission, which sucks big time.
    As soon as i step into the red cyrcle, bam out to desktop :(

Last edited: Jun 11, 2005
  17. glock38

glock38 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    you can already do that, just set your refresh rate to 60 and turn v-sync on.

18. evilkelvin

evilkelvin Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 XFX BLACK
    dudes, dont we think we have heard enough of the negative comments towards GTA SA on pC?? for that dude who said gtasa in pc is buggy,, it kinda is cause on the cut scenes its all weird for me.... but still, ppl this is GTA SA ON PC... PC!!!!! which means a patch will DEFINTLY come in the next 2 weeks and i'm %85 sure that the patch will fix the probs the ppl are havin.....so ppl chill....

19. PixelDude

PixelDude Pixelated Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6800GT (Albatron) on a 19" 8ms LCD
    :rock: :rock: :rock: OMG This game R0x0rZ!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Bugs:

I have only had one crash to the desktop, after many hours of play. No major issues there. The "Gang" AI seems to be a bit dumb though. For instance, when you right click a green gang member and Positive reply to them to join you, they have a tough time following you properly if there are things in the way.

Gameplay:

OMG there is sooo much to do! Gameplay is similar to Vice City, but there is so much more game content in SA! The new gang "zones" are great, this element alone will add hours of gameplay. Ive played like 20hours so far and im only up to 6% completion. The highways are full of crazy drivers going too fast, and the cops and other drivers are way more aggressive. The BMX and mountain bikes are a great addition.

Graphics:

Meh, same as Vice City, but with a few extra lighting features such as better shadows. But the graphics isnt important, its teh gameplay that counts! :)
    My 6800GT can run the game set to Full graphics and full view distance at 60+ FPS w/4AA @ 1280x1024, so there has been some optimization implemented.

Sound:

No problems at all. The custom user track list (MP3's) work well. I have not experienced any missing sound problems as like others have had in other forums. (im not using a creative card btw ;) )

I give this game 97/100 :) It was worth waiting for.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2005
  20. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + CX OLED
    The Pixel.......

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Has Spoken. :p

This game is very good. Impressive. Most impressive.