PC Version Killer Instict will be Windows 10 Only

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 4, 2016.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    ye pretty shame i loved KI back in the day, well i hope Tekken 7 will use steam.

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    As much as I'd like to play Tekken 7 I won't be buying it if it comes out on PC. Namco/Bandai are the absolute worst and I refuse to support them. They're basically Japanese EA but with ports that are rushed and inferior even on consoles. Their PC ports are usually butchered to unreal levels to the point that it sounds like a joke.

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    mod edit- Okay we are not doing that.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2016
  4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Windows store games, they way it handled is the worst. I want a game that i can tweak, slap reshade FX and do whatever i want, just like a steam game.

We already have enough game client on PC, windows store exclusive gonna be very bad thing.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    It probably can be tweaked somehow, but first you have to take ownership of the WindowsApps folder. Doing it manually is a pain in the ass so I use this script - http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Microsoft are never going to work with Valve to allow Xbox crossplay on Steam. It'd be a fair amount of working arranging everything and MS has very little to gain from it compared to running their own platform. Honestly if a Steam version meant no crossplay I'd rather have it on the Windows Store.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't really mind, if the alternative is buying an X1 then the store is the better option.

I really hope they start giving us more freedom though, never been a fan of SweetFX but the ability to tweak is half the fun of PC gaming, the recent GOW patch suggests they may be relaxing things.

I can see many being attracted the more console like experience the store might bring though.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  7. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    pretty weird that they are barely advertising this game. theyre doing a great franchise a great disservice

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2016
  8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Game is ok though 1 free character is meh, but it saberwolf so that is good.

TBH when i was little kid i love KI a lot, nowdays i don't love any fighting games besides Tekken, KI looks ok but im afraid it will get boring fast.

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I thought I asked not to turn this into a Windows 10 love/hate thread. Last warning to anyone.

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Microsoft is using Xbox One games as a way to force down a platform. I personally don't care about Killer Instinct, not even Forza really. They are not "free", they are trojan horses for an eventual lockdown. Killer Instinct as a game depends really on Rare, but I'm not sure that there is anything from the Rare of old left.

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    I completely forgot about activation limits. Does anyone know if KI is going to lock me out after I change my hardware like GFWL games did?

And less serious, does anyone know if there's a way to get shortcut to it working with Rocket Dock?

Edit: Figured out the icon issue.

1 - Set the Target as explorer.exe
    2 - Start In as (Windows letter):\Windows
    3 - Arguments as shell:AppsFolder\(App's ID/folder)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016