PC Version Killer Instict will be Windows 10 Only

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    It's about dx version used, not os. The only reason it should be win10 only is if it's a dx12 title, otherwise it's just more ms bs. Truth is in terms of games ms has done very little for windows ever since they started their xbox business.

Nothing's going to change, we will get the old scraps and like it.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Thanks for the tip! Well I'm still waiting on a friend to ask his dad about the topic, he used to have his own company and being a microsoft partner an all (software development), he might still have some keys left for 7 or at least know how to get a key, maybe he even knows about enterprise licenses.

As for updating, as long as there's a redist I can download, run, and reboot to the new build... not too bothersome for me tbh, if it saves me the trouble of cutting all cords to m$ win10 usually has, and getting rid of any tweaks to be able to choose which updates to install, or ignore (it used to be so easy under 7, 8 and 8.1... *sigh*).

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    I was mistaken about something, the Xbone can apparently be updated to DX 12? So it at least partially supports DX 12 it seems? The API for now is DX 11.2, so I'd expect any ports to still be DX 11, DX 9 for remasters.

Edit: Apparently it was supposed to get DX 12 in November along with Win 10 for the system. So here's hoping for some future DX 12 ports.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    You have no idea what you are talking about. The only complaint that I have with Windows 10 is the auto driver update BS which could mess up Windows. Also I do not have old hardware I just don't want MS controlling driver updates. Some people feel as I do if they have Windows 7 or 8.1 running perfectly with no issues why risk breaking that by upgrading to Windows 10.

Not surprised that this game is a Windows 10 only game because of what MS wants considering this is a Rare game and MS owns Rare.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Fact is, Microsoft is now losing money on Windows 7, likewise with 8.1. This is because of the cost of support and not generating any more revenue through sales. At least with Windows 10 they only have to worry about Windows 10, and in five years still only having to support Windows 10. Microsoft was actually behind the 8 ball when it came to changing the way the OS was updated. When Windows 7 came out they should have changed then, they would have saved money by only requiring to support one system and better utilise their talent resources.

Their business model of how they managed updates up to Windows 10 was actually a bad one and had led to all this kafuffle.

6. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    That's strange misinformation as usual because Win 10 Home and Pro has options to turn automatic updates off, both MS updates and Driver updates or am i missing something here?

All you have to do is tell Win 10 that you are on a metered connection and it won't download and install anything as it even states in the update settings.

"Keep everything running smoothly. We'll restart your device automatically when you're not using it. Updates won't download over a metered connection (where charges may apply)".

7. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    The EULA does NOT say they will read your emails or anything else. It simply says that they can if it is deemed necessary. Guess what? They can also do it with any other version of Windows that was ever made. The only difference is that now they tell you about it. When would it be deemed necessary? In criminal investigations or suspicions of terrorist ties, things like that. Do you honestly think they are sitting there reading everybody's data?

8. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I hear that Windows 11(dx13) is gonna be better than 10?...btw what happen to 9?

9. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    BigBadBill is paying bribes to the four sides of the world, just to get win 10 "favorized" over previous version of window$. All the while, the company is loosing huge amounts of money in all of it's production segments...

"The company also saw declining sales in notable product lines, including Windows licenses, Windows Phone and Lumia handsets..."

http://goo.gl/HdJCv1

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    [​IMG]

11. quickkill2021

quickkill2021 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080ti sli Poseidon

Forgive me if I have the wrong impression.

Are you then planning on not upgrading right?

So what is your next step? Are you then going to proceed to complain about newer games that are windows 10 and DX12 only? You do know that this will happen soon. That was the whole point of making windows 10 for free.

So then do you just expect dx12 to be compatible with windows 7 or 8.1 then? I guess what i am trying to figure out is, then are you just giving up playing newer games? or are you just going to complain throughout the whole process? Because you are going to upgrade to windows 10 if you care about PC gaming. If Xbox one is going to be doing DX12 games, its just a matter of times that all ports are going to be the same.

12. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Nope....as long as I can play Rise of the Tomb Raider, Far Cry Primal, Dishonored 2 and Mafia III....I'm good :)

13. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    i read the thing, i know wat it says. it says they will if they feel like it, in legalese.

theres literally an embedded keylogger - do you not understand how this is different, or are you feigning ignorance? i cant tell

oh gee thats so noble of them, that utterly refutes everything i said, i recant my statements :D

they are setting ****-tier precedents for grievous abuse of users expectations of privacy...& if you dont see a problem, your heads in the sand, my friend. thats enough about that from me, ill shut up now cos i honestly dont mean to rant

::edit::

on a lighter note & slightly more on topic, if orchids in the roster & her flash fatality is still in it, ill write that wrapper :wanker:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  14. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Paying bribes to all and sundry (4 sides of the world)

Since you're from New Zealand, you should know/speak/read/write English (language). Anyway, I hope I've made it clearer...:)

https://goo.gl/gRKwtD

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  15. LOVEandROCKETS

LOVEandROCKETS Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti OC
    I don't think so...

It will be! And sooner than you might think… :)

So true…

16. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    No I don't expect that at all so do not put words in my mouth. If you read my last statement then you would know that I am not surprised that this is happening. I am an all around PC gamer which covers legacy titles.

True that but the average user wont know that at the start but however MS should not have this feature to begin with.

17. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Many years ago, Joe Jackson wrote a song (TV age): "...soon you wont be able to even turn it off... it will turn YOU off, instead"

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=191255348#post191255348

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Is this that oldschool fighting game?

Any pics or videos?

20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    I don't get it? Well I do get it, they are using a game to leverage Win 10 conversion and if that game was Halo as it was back with Win Vista then I could see why they would do this, but Killer Instinct? Really? A F2P version of a game that was mediocre at best in it's hey-day? Are people going to upgrade for this?

I suspect that MS has run out of must have triple AAA titles and are grasping at straws here.