1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Speakers Makes A Hissing Sound

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Clawedge, May 31, 2019.

1. Clawedge

Clawedge Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    My speakers make a hissing sound when i turn up the volume and that noise is persistent even when there is nothing playing.

I checked all connections, and even did a full blown windows reformat (media PC so nothing really on it anyway)

the problem is there with the windows built in drivers, as well as the realtek drivers, an the hissing goes away as soon as i unplug the speakers, which means speakers are fine.

i tried earphones, and the problem is still there.

ANd one more thing is that the hissing noise starts right past the windows boot logo.

any suggestions guys?

2. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    poor quality DAC or AMP sends some noise in. Noise floor will eventually happen, but unless it bothers you when you actually have something playing, I wouldn't bother with it.

Clawedge likes this.
  3. Clawedge

Clawedge Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    OK thanks.

It does actually bother me, so I will probably just do an upgrade (once I get a job)

4. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    You could consider getting dedicated DAC and use it to send analog signal to speakers.
    Not sure if it will be worth it though

mkh and Clawedge like this.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    my old Realtek audio from x58 system has massive hissing on the headphones line when connected, speaker line did to but no where to same extent. new system which is z170 etreme 4 board has zero hissing in the audio when connected no mater the volume or headphones/speakers.

my 25 year old altec lansing speakers ACS48 system on other hand has hissing coming out speakers no mater the volume, when there is no input sent to it

could also be shitty drivers, (even when you using the in windows provided drivers there still realtek drivers)I had System hardlock happen with anything related to HW acceleration being used, for 4+ years with my x58 build, that where cause by Realtek Audio drivers that was an issue in 5+ different version of the drivers. that I could reproduce on demand under multiple situation then around 2.61 drivers the issue was fixed and all hardlock due to anything using HW acceleration was gone.

To this date I still use those same drivers.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Clawedge likes this.
  6. Clawedge

Clawedge Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    I tried 3 different drivers, can't recall version numbers, but I just turned down the volume and it's barely noticeable.

I'll do a little upgrade later on down the road, so best not to play with it till them.

Glad I learned a little more about this sort of thing. Thanks guys

7. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070ti Titanium
    If it's something similar to what I had experienced (get this buzz/hum which really ramps up with the graphics card) I bought a hum eliminator and it works a treat.

8. Clawedge

Clawedge Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    So what I ended up doing was connecting my speakers to the ear phone Jack on the TV, and the hissing has abated.