PC restarts itself

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by CheloARG, Jun 19, 2015.

1. CheloARG

CheloARG Member

GPU:
    x2 SLI EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Hey everyone,
    Thanks in advance for the help.

I started to experience some crashes while playing The Forest (temps and everything else here).
    I thought that was the only game because it's an alpha version or whatever, GPU and CPU temps are crazy while playing it, don't know why.

Anyway, I run Metro Last Light the other day and my computer restarts itself, temps are fine this time and I used to play it last week, I don't know why is crashing now.

Other results
    - This is idle, like in desktop: http://imageshack.com/a/img537/1269/QlloZn.png
    - This is after playing GTA V for a while: http://imageshack.com/a/img673/5791/FIMfFu.png

-------------------

What could it be? Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Oh, boy...your PSU probably isnt up to its task. To put it simple, Corsair CX series PSU's suck man. It just cant run 970's.

3. CheloARG

CheloARG Member

GPU:
    x2 SLI EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Yeah but what about the temp2 and temp5 in the motherboard? They are around 60°C idle, could it be that the issue?

4. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Usually those temps are really whack and not real, HWINFO says my mobo is 169degrees celsius usually so...

Besides I keep seeing these people with those CX750 psu's having issues so i'm thinking its the PSU here too.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I read some problems on Asus boards on those sensors. Kinda invalid value on those two or just mixed/broken sensor. Would not worry about it...

First step, try gaming on only one 970 and see if problem persists.

6. CheloARG

CheloARG Member

GPU:
    x2 SLI EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Would you not recommend me to buy an extra cooler? Like the Antec SpotCool?

What about the voltage? Doesn't show if my PSU run the system fine?

Thanks bro!

7. CheloARG

CheloARG Member

GPU:
    x2 SLI EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Hey there, thanks for the help.
    I already tried only one 970 and problem is the same. Should I switch the GPUs and try with the secondary one instead the primary one?

What worries me is that I used to play Metro Last Light with no problem and now the computer restarts even before it reaches the main menu of the game. The Forest overheats my GPU and CPU and makes the computer restart also.

/edit: Airflow isn't the best in the current spot, actually inside the computer is really really hot :(

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  8. CheloARG

CheloARG Member

GPU:
    x2 SLI EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Ok now I noticed that my secondary GPU is working weird.
    One of it's coolers doesn't spin and the other does but slowly.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    That's hwinfo64 glitch. Nvm that.

Anyway, its either psu not sufficient or power current OC issue, but since you don't OC im leaning towards weak psu.

Does it happen with 1 gpu too?

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Get better airflow, and if GPU is being....weird with its fans, like you are describing, take that one out, only use the other one, see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, you may be able to fix that, possibly, but i'd say if the game (metro) doesn't even allow you to get to the main menu, if it DOES allow you to play the game without the GPU with the fan problems, then i'd say that GPU is bust, as it shouldn't be causing it to overheat, even without the fans working correctly, before it gets to the main menu

And i do mean TAKE IT OUT, don't just disable it, take it out of the PC and re-install the drivers and try and play the game(s) with just the one GPU