pc noises that piss you off

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by damien666, Aug 27, 2007.

1. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    When my CRT monitor goes blurry. Yeah it may not be a noise but I have to keep turning it off, wait a few seconds, turn it back on, let it refresh. Sometimes it will do this for a good 30min before it "warms up" and the picture becomes clear and focused.

Mike.

2. Pending

Pending Master Guru

If you put like some rubber in between the fans and the panel could you fix the niose? rattling? Is it the fans or the plastic part of the case?

3. Pending

Pending Master Guru

I'm thinking about getting that case for my first comp build. ^^ And if my fans ever rattle I think i can fix them by putting rubber in there. like little rubber peices with the stick stuff on the back XD. that should fix the rattling shouldnt it?
    OH, how does this case handle dust? Will it fit a zalman CPU cooler?
    http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835118019
    Thats the fan. ^^

4. PHJF

PHJF Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    I've got some noisy-ass hard drives, when one of them starts spinnin up you sure as hell know it.

Anyways I used to have a TI4600 that would start rattling like a demon making all sorts of ruckus. It was a cheap computer by then so I'd just kick the case until it shutup... until very soon after it would start up again. Then it got real quiet and it didn't take me long to realize the entire fan stopped spinning x_x

5. NoPrisoners

NoPrisoners Member Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 670 GTX FTW 2GB
    My 150GB raptor can be annoying if there's no other sounds in the room.

i also have an intermittent rattle that I can't find the cause of that drives me up the wall, found that giving my Lian-Li V1000 a firm but gentle slap sorts it out for a while lol.

6. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    I moved my dvd burner to the bottom 5.25" bay in my Antec p180b as I just installed a KamaBay 120mm drive-bay cooler in the top 3. Every now and then the friggin' drive gets this really annoying rattle. I think it is the face-plate of the drive, as the rattle goes away when I put pressure on it, but I'm not really sure, might be inside.

I will live with it until the day where I just SNAP, and have to remedy the problem that very second, lol!

7. alphaphotek

alphaphotek Master Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 260 SLI
    chipset fan here, hate that tiny ass bitch. its the loudest part of my system.

8. tyxeros

tyxeros Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080
    The silence....after a failed bios upgrade.