PC Modern Warfare 2: it's much worse than you thought

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DSK, Nov 6, 2009.

1. d_paluch01

d_paluch01 Master Guru

GPU:
    If you read carefully, you notice he states hes never played this game online lol. nice try though! he was talking about other p2p games that he has experience with.

2. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    :heh:

3. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i have mixed feelings about this game, its good and it works well but slighty dissapointed in a few ways, the graphics looks pretty much exactly the same as the first, thats just bad in my opinion, all the time they spent developing it and the couldnt make it look any nicer and the game plays exactly the same , i feel like im playing an expansion of the first. Plus its silly short again, 5 hours just aint enough for a FPS.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i love the HEARTBEAT SENSOR..in MP, its cool. But it also has negative impact. guess what? it blocks ur VIEW! very balanced. i started to use but get owned bigtime. but on TS, i talked my friends and told them the enemy position..we owned them bigtime.

and good tactic:

One member uses shield..and others follows him. one guys carries H.Bsensor..and other is assaulting..not bad :)

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I played to the mid-point of Act II last night and apart from one level where you're running around buildings (in Afghanistan?) chasing some bad guy down, which just happened to be the only level so far that hasn't lasted a measly ten minutes, I haven't seen anything else that has made me go "wow!" really. It's very much text-book first-person shooter action as far as I can tell, there's no real innovation whatsoever, the level design is entirely linear and the way enemies can sense you from half a mile away and quickly pump you full of bullets becomes annoying, mainly because of that silly "strawberry jam" effect that clouds your vision. I'll see it through to the end but to be honest it feels like a slog and I'm just not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped.

As a single player game Borderlands totally pisses over this game IMO and at least tried to do something fresh with the stale FPS genre.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    imo a heartbeat sensor doesnt make sense without a joypad with Rumble.
    if you played MGS4 you know what i mean :)

so are you playing with the joypad ?

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    nope..idont know if it works..and cant play mp with it lol :)

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No, this game has no gamepad support whatsover, which is a shame as i sometimes like to run through SP with one, especially when im in no fit state to sit up straight for long periods lol.
    The mouse also makes things a touch too easy, aiming wise, could easily go through the SP in one sitting if i let myself.

The SP in this is better than COD4, and alot better than W@W, it doesn't have as many wow moments, but it doesn't have as many dull moments either, so overall consistency feels better.

MP is spot on for me, alot more fun than COD4 for me, which is full of snobby clan geeks and far too many overbusy servers where spawn killing is the norm.

Now everyone pay attention to the part where i said "for me"

This thread is already too full of trolling like comments from people who don't have the game and scour the net looking for negative things to link to, no one is forcing you to buy this, you obviously haven't got it, and have no plans to get it no matter what, so why are you here??

Your just embarassing yourself by looking like a spoilt kid who didn't get a certain toy for Christmas.
    Why can't you just go, "ah, not what i was after, will pass on this" and move on.

Why do you feel the need to look for faults, and hope for the worst just because it doesn't have what you want.
    Stop wishing for it to fail for everyone else, since that is a horribly selfish attitude to have.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    here they come!

[​IMG]

+1 to u :thumbup:. i strongly agree with u.

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    are you referring to me Redemption80 ?

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i dont think so..i mean..do u roll? lol..u just say i wont buy it etc.well, sorry iam not urs or anyones advocate but maybe my LACK of English in times :S

ok press the button
    :wanker:

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    lol, do i roll ? roll what ? hehe :)

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    LOOOOL. i meant TROLL.. ok iam really annoying in times :S:wanker:

14. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
  15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No, wasn't referring to you WhiteLighting, you don't like the game, but seem very chilled out about it, like with everything lol.

Just the usual suspects who seem to populate every MW2 thread spreading reports of doom and gloom, willing the game to be bad so they can gloat and say "i told you so" to the people who bought it.
    Just comes off as a tad spiteful to me.

I'm sure my post will make me some enemies, but its not like i've ever posted on here and tryed to be liked anyway.:wanker:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    you're alrite in my book ;) and am glad you said something about the doom and glooming. Was actually gonna say the same thing but you beat me to it. I'll join your not to be liked group :wanker:!

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    k good to hear man :D

18. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Yesterday I encountered my first cheater. He had a wall hack that let his gun follow the player. That was lame.

19. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
  20. notyou

notyou Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970