PC keeps fully crashing (no bsod and no response to the reset button)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by fenjen, May 3, 2011.

1. fenjen

fenjen Active Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5850 1gb
    This seems to happen when changing sound related things, e.g., plugging my usb sound card in or changing my driver settings (directx to asio) in ableton or or reason, or even just starting ableton or reason

2. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Have you tried on board, new drivers, tested the sound card on another system?

3. fenjen

fenjen Active Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5850 1gb
    Well first I head a usb soundcard but I tought it was defect so now I have a pci soundcard. They both make this happen (this is also my second pci soundcard for other reasons and they also both make this happen)

4. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Try onboard. If that doesn't work, boot a Linux LiveCD and see if the same thing happens on Linux. If it doesn't happen on Linux as well, then it's a Windows problem. Check Windows integrity by issuing this command:
    Code:
    sfc /scannow

If that doesn't work, I suggest Windows reinstallation, there might be a problem with the Windows Audio service.

deltatux

5. fenjen

fenjen Active Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5850 1gb
    I reinstalled my pc (also reformatted) just before I made my first post. It still crashes

6. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Have you tried using the Linux approach? It might be a Windows driver problem then.

deltatux

7. fenjen

fenjen Active Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5850 1gb
    That would be quite a hassle for nothing cause I had my usb soundcard for quite some time and it just started doing this and it also does it with my pci soundcard so yeah... I think something might be wrong with my mobo as it doesn't even respond to the reset button..