PC High-End ''Lag'' Issue

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by inter2010, Aug 17, 2019.

1. inter2010

inter2010 New Member

GPU:
    Msi 2080TI X Trio
    Hi Guys,my name is Marco and I have an issue with my new pc
    my build is:
    evga supernova g3 1000w
    case CM c700m
    MB Aourus Elite X570 with the last update
    Ryzen 3700X stock
    CM masterliquid ml240r
    G.Skill Tridentz 16gb 3000mhz c16 set to profile 1
    ssd samsung pro
    msi x trio 2080TI
    alienware aw3418dw set to 100mhz with g-sync

I have lag problems with any game
    I uploaded 3 videos that perhaps explain the problem better than any word
    please guys help me

video 1

video 2

video 3

2. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    Looks like a healthy enough rig. Temps good? Event log clean? You running it 3440 x 1440 i assume....that's a lot to ask of any single card, so maybe if you are running everything on ultra settings with AA and all the fancy Rt and physx stuff, it might help to turn down the eye-candy a bit and see what diff if any it makes. then i would look start playing with drivers if none of that solves it.

3. inter2010

inter2010 New Member

GPU:
    Msi 2080TI X Trio
    yes exactly 1440 and ultra details for every game.
    temp in game:
    cpu 50-55°
    MB 60-65° but I think was a ''standard'' for the x570 chipset (aio pomp in full speed mod)
    gpu 55-65

sorry for the idiot question,but what is the ''eye-candy?''

4. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    Lol, i just mean turn down the graphics settings a bit, like one notch below ultra and see if that helps. Turn off anti-aliasing, and turn everything else down a bit. Temps look within tolerance. Anything funky on your event log? Also, is this lag when multiplayer only or single player also?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    inter2010 likes this.

5. droopy_ro

droopy_ro Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti MSI
    1440p is 16:9 2560x1440 you have a 3440x1440 (21:9 aspect ratio, ultra wide) that is about 34% more pixels. So you should turn your settings to High as said above, check your system for malware and bloatware and move your games to SSD(if you have't already done that).

6. inter2010

inter2010 New Member

GPU:
    Msi 2080TI X Trio
    ok,I try with high details.but how is possible that the 2080ti have this lag problems ?
    damn its a beast !! I know,3440 is an high resolution but isnt 4k

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    set msi's on devices that can use them, if your amd board has an intel nic, set the moderation rate to off or minimal.

inter2010 likes this.
  8. inter2010

inter2010 New Member

GPU:
    Msi 2080TI X Trio
    please homie,u can explain this with step-by-step ?
    thanks !

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    lag and suttering in framerates are 2 diffrent things.

This has nothing to do with networking "lag" you should read up on the diffrence, this shouldn't even be in the networking forums

inter2010 likes this.
  10. inter2010

inter2010 New Member

GPU:
    Msi 2080TI X Trio
    I'm sorry,I was deceived from ''troubleshooting'',please u can move it in an other section?

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

that is only something moderator can do. I just pointing out the lag and stuttering in framerate and or graphic related issue are not the same thing cause it pet peeve of mine not trying to be ass just would like people to learn the difference.

Like others have said though try lowering setting, or bumping the resolution down could be the a pagefile being used instead of actual memory.

12. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    I would recommend the usual troubleshooting:
    - check temp, voltage and FPS while gaming.
    - Remove all overclocking if present.
    - Is there any "!" in device manager or any error in event log other than CPU being >99%?
    - As mentioned before, 21:9 1440p will put extra stress to your system, resulting in heavy loads and higher temps. Try to run games at 1080p and watch for stutters.
    - It could be useful to check the system with the Latency Checker tool. Run the tool, press play button, then play until a stutter happens. ALT TAB to the tool and check for spikes or a message in red color telling you sth. is wrong.
    - You own a 3rd gen Ryzen. From what I heard those "misbehave" in terms of boost and stuff. Check with your board''s manufacturer to see if an update for your BIOS is available and if it may fix your problem.
    - You may want to download "Typhoon" (some memory info tool) and "RAM calculator for Ryzen" (here on guru3d) to fine tune your timings. I own 1st gen 1700 and without it my system would run a lot more unstable. I noted a difference between AUTO settings in BIOS, manual settings of XMP values and tuned values from this calculator. Try to change the main timings, leave tCKE and tRFC on AUTO and from the right follow the voltage recommendations only (for now). Don't touch any advanced setting. Is it better? If not undo the settings.

That's all I can think of which may be useful right now. But as I said, I don't own a 3rd gen Ryzen.

Good luck! :)