PC hardware to get extra 25% tax due to US China Trade-war

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    China is the world's strongest economy already. Even in military terms they do have huge army. My rankings are easily placing 1. China 2. Russia 3. US for both economy and raw power.

China currently builds the hugest road in the planet almost 1$ trillion.

Which America with what expensive projects to achieve by completing them? They are even shutting down public services from time to time the last decades just to alleviate the cost of whole country's function. LOL. American dream huh? Only movies.

PC is just the top of the pie. America's economy is built currently in technology. If PC and rest kind of hardware becomes more expensive they are becoming even more poor than before. Do not forget America is the #1 country in debt terms. Sad times.

Silva likes this.
  2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    The specifics are irrelevant; both countries have tariffs against each other, and the ones China imposes on the US are more threatening to the US economy. People having to pay an extra 25% on a computer is more of an inconvenience than a threat to the US economy. Case in point: much of Europe has import taxes on electronics, and their economy is pretty stable.

The amount of debt doesn't matter, as long as it doesn't affect the value of the currency. The value of the currency will be affected if the country fails to pay back the debt properly (thereby causing inflation). The value of the USD is currently moderately stable.

3. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Voting for Trump sure is turning out great for them!

warlord likes this.
  4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    This is going to get locked, soon :)

I blame the economists. Imagine if for hundreds of years 90% of mathematicians could barely agree over anything.
    Poor biologists get slammed because they can't agree on something that happened 1M years ago. Physicist get hard time because they are unsure what happened 10E(-50) seconds after the creation of the Universe.
    These mofos can't come up with the basic laws that cover 80% of the economical reality. procreating jokers. Economics need to be relegated to a status of the astrology.

warlord likes this.

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Poor but patriots. All for the shake of purity and history. Sometimes we forget, even if you do love your country, the latter doesn't survive without its people. But people do survive without a country.

Silva likes this.
  6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Worst piece of **** to study ever. Economics of science they say. Fubar is everything included. I can't compare this PoS with my CS diploma.

7. Toadstool

Toadstool Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Ah yes, because the government sapping money out of consumers is definitely beneficial.

8. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Because of this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  9. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    Lol not just China, most countries do, or they place clever taxes on the specification of the product, like this GM LSx engine displaces greater then 4.0 liters, so we should tax it. Even though the engine is lighter and is more fuel efficient then a heavier smaller cylinder displacing engine with a gas guzzling turbo. its product racism basically.

10. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    This is definitely bad for US consumers. I live in Canada but I have a feeling this could spill over to other countries as well (and I invest in the US so it might impact me more than others). This trade war is the worst thing to happen, for both businesses and consumers.

The US's debt load is not actually that bad (it's not that good but it's not that bad either). Japan has by far the largest debt load as a percentage of GDP (253%) followed by Greece (178%), with the US coming in at around 105% (https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/government-debt-to-gdp).

warlord and schmidtbag like this.

11. Luc

Luc Active Member

GPU:
    RX 480 | Gt 710
    It's supposed that import taxes are rised by the country that import the goods, in this case USA, not the sellers, is it right? :rolleyes:

12. Abc666

Abc666 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 1070 8GB
    Hopefully the next jerk they elect for president next period will drop this "tradewar" bullsh*t.

13. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Turbo increases the efficiency of an engine. It doesn't guzzle gas, it guzzles air. A smaller engine with turbo can produce the same power as a larger engine without, though with the characteristics associated with turbo. However, it increases the engine complexity, contains moving parts, and requires regular maintenance, which is why it's not used everywhere. So, I don't think your comparison is spot on. Although in practice if your smaller turbo engine is lousily built, of course it can be worse. You could even make an electric motor so poor it would be less efficient than an internal combustion engine, although I'm sure no engineer would want their name associated with such a motor.

14. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Did you mean: Poor, but patriots or Poor butt-patriots?

"But people do survive without a country" - Only with a warlord to keep them in line. :D

warlord likes this.
  15. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Well is a trade war, is country racism not a product racism.

The point is that this time consumer ( US and EUROPE ) will pay the price.

We are hurt when we cannot find products or we cannot find them at reasonable price.

16. Let's not forget that the reason for the tariffs is because they put tariffs on any goods that come from the US to China, and the EU does the same to US products. Free trade isn't free trade if only one side plays along. Let's also not forget that China screws over everyone that it possibly can. US is still the largest economy by a pretty wide margin, and if you want to do business here, then you play by our rules.

17. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    well this is just great here in Canada the 25-28% exchange rate was already bad another 25% on top will really kill computers for me. Might be time to join all my friends in the console peasant world....

warlord likes this.
  18. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I didn't know this PC forum had so many international relations and economics majors. Impressive.o_O

fantaskarsef, jdc2389 and airbud7 like this.
  19. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    But.. That's a computer too. Wars don't benefit anyone.

20. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    this is not even half truth. US doesn't tax their companies (import fees) that produce EVERYTHING outside of the US as long as the headquarters are in the US. US is the only country to do this. Apple makes everything outside of the US. The rest of the world taxes everything that gets imported, be it for further manufacture or just sales regardless of headquarters. US was the first to impose tariffs on cars, engines and so on to protect their car industry. They did the same for a lot of other industries but the world said ok, we don't mind. And now the US, with the lack of innovation and ideas is imposing tariffs left and right to try and....well, I don't know what Trump is trying to accomplish. I do know that he was the first to impose tariffs on China steel and some other stuff. Because it wasn't fair to Trump that China has cheaper steel steel. He didn't stop to think that a China worker works for maybe 2$/hour and that that might affect the price of steel.

In the meantime, the rest of the world continues to pay taxes on products that they buy at the time of purchase, unlike US citizens that are trusted to report what they bought and pay their taxes on that by themselves. Which is laughable at best. Yes, I am aware that some states in the US don't have tax evasion option. Like, 3 states? 4? Yea...

edit:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_tariffs

he even got a wiki page :) nice. Now people who cant point any country on the map can read all about who imposed tariffs first.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    fantaskarsef, -Tj- and 0blivious like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.