1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC gets really hot and fans spin fast when it goes to sleep and doesn’t turn back on.

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by miffy wiffy, May 25, 2019.

1. miffy wiffy

miffy wiffy Member

GPU:
    It’ll go to sleep or whatever it does when I haven’t touched it in awhile. However the fans will spin fast and it gets mega hot, however the screen is black and it won’t come back on or turn off. I have to turn t off from the PSU and then it’s all fine on bootup.

Malware bytes doesn’t find anything, I’m guessing either there is some big with Oculus? Because that headset has caused all kinds of issues with my PC. Or there is something mining currency, is it possible to find out what is causing it? The problem I have is it only does it when it goes to sleep.

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Something is crashing when entering sleep mode, and causing CPU or GPU (whatever fan is maxing) to loop and run at max. I would start by forcing an update of chipset package (if Intel) with -overall switch, then redo your other drivers. Something may need to be repaired or reinstalled.

3. miffy wiffy

miffy wiffy Member

GPU:
    I tried all the drivers and bios updates and all that, still the same problem. One thing I forgot to mention is the PC randomly turns itself on as well, dunno what is causing it... but I guess I'll have to do a fresh install, probably a ad blocker mining or something, but I doubt it would be able to turn the PC on.