Pc gaming on a HD projection

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Briz, May 23, 2006.

1. Briz

Briz Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800GT 700/975 512MB
    Hey I got a stupid question . Its always been in the back of my head to hook my tv up to my pc for gaming . I had this Toshiba TheaterWide 57H94 for some time now and was wondering how it would look for pc gaming and is it even worth my troubles .. Also what type of connection should I use ? The tv Features a Hdmi port but my computer only has a dvi out . I would also need 25ft of cable so it would be cheaper if I could just hook it up to component inputs . If its not even worth it I wont even bother cause im happy with my 21inch lcd . Its just a thought :)

2. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    They make a dvi to hdmi cable\connector and its cheap. However, 25 ft of cabling....good luck with that one.

3. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    lol you have your answer
    but why do you need a very long cable ??
    how far is the pc gonna be from the projector?

4. Leatherface

Leatherface Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS (stock)
    I would actually like to know where you bought your dvi to hdmi cable for cheap.

5. Preid

Preid Master Guru

GPU:
    8600GTm
    Ive my pc hooked up to this crappy 15inch monitor though here. Tower sits adjent. Now just behind the same wall im facing is my 42inch Plasma.

I run a cable through the wall into the back of the cinema system. Anyhoo the point of this is when the family goes out i just pick up my wireless keyboard and mouse and walking into the rooms and game away.

Basicly, leave your tower next to the projector and sit at your desk with your wireless.

Stock up on batteries to

6. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560

goto pricewatch and type dvi to hdmi or....just goto newegg

7. Ghz

Ghz Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800ultra 256mb
  8. Marlec

Marlec Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780GHZ Editio
    I am getting a HDTV and understand about the DVI-HDMI cable stuff but will it work with my 6800GT card ??? how can i make it output HD res, i cant find the option in the drivers althou i know have seen pics of it being done somewhere, will it only show up when i have the HDTV hooked up ??

9. nihilistic0

nihilistic0 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTS250 (760/1100)
    right click on desktop > properties > settings

just adjust your resolution accordingly