Pc games VS console games.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sunnyp_343, Jun 10, 2016.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    You don t need t tell us that we are wrong, because there s a simple fact here console exclusives will be very good offcourse u have very good devs working on them and anybody would prefer to have them on pc, its just the market and marketing today is catering the people to own consoles rather than owning a pc, we are being stuffed in our throats that consoles have to be the platform to own. I can relate to playing on a console the 1 vs 1 games like mortal kombat or tekken or fifa yes, these are made for consoles but for me its something secondary rather than having to own a ps4 rather than a pc. Primary reason u get much better deals on pc u can even try a pirated game before purchase, but that would leave u with the console exclusives which u cant play.
    For example i found uncharted gameplay very close to the tomb raider series , but i prefer the more varied environments in uncharted yes and would love to play that on pc

2. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    One: you kind of kill your argument throwing Killzone in that list. Two: there are quite a few PC exclusives you left out: I think this incomplete list has about 800 or so https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PC_exclusive_games. Still hard to beat some of those older exclusives to this day like SS2, Deus Ex, Stalker, Planescape, etc..

Three: Many of the original games that are now multiplats were originally PC exclusives. In fact many of the studios that make some of the most popular franchises simply would not exist had it not been for their PC/Mac gaming exclusives (Halo/GoW/TR/Witcher/etc..).

To me it doesn't matter. I think PC and consoles are both great, and I use both. I think the arguments are stupid, and just end up in a circle jerk.

3. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    I know few of the games were orignally pc exclusive.But now they are exclusive to console now.so present is all matter.I love halo played 1st at pc bought xbox 360 just for halo.

And 70% of that pc exclusive u gave the link u check urself are not making anymore.And some of it are not great as console exclusive come on man u know that.Like stalker it was sure a great game but discontinued and in console they making sequal of famous exclusive games every or second year.

age of empire,Age of mytholegy,Anno,Arma,Civilization and many more.Some of it i played at early age.Civ 5 and starcraft 2 i am still playing.these are RTS games.And i sail early in other post that U cant compare RTS with single player campaign which has great story,action,graphics etc etc.
    So then u will say there is pc exclusive Dota2,cs:go.you wrong again.dont compare comptetive games with games like halo,Last of us,uncharted,GOW

Witcher 3 is not pc exclusive game.As a guy said in this page.

My personal opinion :Sure witcher 3 is a great pc exclusive game.I enjoyed it and finished it.But i don't play its latest coming DLC blood and wine.maybe i need break from RPG.

Some of my thought cant express well because of my less knowledge of english.

Watch dogs 2 is coming. Trailer is great.But i just played GTA 5 400+ hrs.so i wont play watchdogs 2.
    Console have more variety in games and PC have variety in online comptetive games.Thats all i want to say.Its my personal view.

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    How much GOOD AAA exclusive games we got in the 3 years of the current consoles gen?10-15 GOOD AAA exclusives for Xbox ONE and PS4?..maybe

Consoles are about exclusives, i own a xbox 360 (twice after "fried" one), a PS3 (for Demon Souls) and the only reason i bought a PS4 is to play Bloodborne.

Now i bought some old PS3 remasters for PS4: TLOU Remastered and nathan drake collection.I will buy Uncharted 4 after a heavy discount.

Older consoles gens made more sense: in the previous gen exclusive games were at least 50% of the catalog...and previous one around 90%.

Today you are lucky if you get 2 good exclusive games per year and per modern console (PS4/Xbox ONE), Nintendo is a world apart.

PC has TONS of exclusive games as the9quad said and it also has one thing console gamers only dream: FULL Backwards gaming Compatibility...and GoG.

A whole game genre is INFINITELY better played in PC than in consoles: FPS

Don't even dare to compare playing ANY FPS with mouse and keyboard in PC VS playing with gamepad in a console.

Mouse, keyboard and 60 FPS for ANY FPS game. Period.Auto-aim (target lock-on) was invented for gamepads and consoles for a good reason.

As Markus Persson (Minecraft genius) said:

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/notch/status/730905737321431040

"This man" waiting for DOOM unlock on PS4 to play it, is George Broussard, one of the Nuke Dukem series creator, co-owner of Apogee Software and 3D Realms.This dude was one of the FPS genre "fathers"...Now he plays FPS games on a PS4. :3eyes:

Maybe he suffered the same DISEASE Roy Taylor had to be able to play it fantastically (sic) in PC with a 295X2 (multicard) without CFX support and maxed (without enough VRAM).

Auto aim helps a lot for some aging ppl for orthopedic FPS gameplay in consoles i guess...

About Halo, this is another "console friendly" comment from Markus Persson:

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/notch/status/731088545188810752

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016

5. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Halo on PC was infinitely better than it was on the Xbox. I spent countless hours playing it with a friend, CTF Blood Gulch, Human weapons and Warthogs only. It was amazing fun.

I find it's a bit of a mixed bag, there are a few games which I really like that only come out on consoles. That said, I only buy them on consoles because I'm forced to do so, if they came out on the PC I'd buy them for that platform. I have a decent gaming rig hooked up to my TV which I use as a media centre. Just like console players, I sit on my couch with a gamepad and play all sorts of games. When I want to play something that's better suited to a flight/fight stick, or keyboard and mouse, I simply switch to those peripherals.

I think the worst of it is, that when I'm playing a game I really enjoy on a console, I know it would be better on PC. I know that while I'm really enjoying Killzone, I'd be enjoying it a lot more sat in front of a decent monitor with keyboard and mouse. When I'm playing an adventure game like Zelda, I know it would look better on the PC. I also know that I'd be able to use whatever controller I preferred without much hassle. When I'm playing a game like Bayonetta or Star Ocean: TLH, I know that were they on PC, I'd have a more stable and higher frame rate. Both of those games regularly dip into single digits on their respective consoles.

Exclusive content for consoles is what helps sell them, but as a consumer it's something I absolutely hate.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    I think PC fighting games situation has been best it's ever been. Only 2 games missing that I want on PC is Marvel VS Capcom 3 (which I have on PS Vita) and a Fight Night game (we desperately need a decent boxing game on PC). At a push, SSF2 remake that xbox got. Killer Instinct is now on PC so that's another one ticked on the list.

Racing games situation on PC is fine, we seem to get most games except Gran Turismo and Project Gotham. Now Forza is on PC, that's another one on the list ticked.

I would love to see a proper Ridge Racer game on PC though, not the destructible scenery side-projects ones. Mario Kart would be nice, but, we'll probably never see it on PC. More chance of ios getting a version first.

Unchartered will probably never come to PC. Don't hold your breath. It's probably the most technically advanced game out atm aswell. If we see Unchartered, then, I hope Crash Bandicoot comes to PC aswell. Could do with a few more console-type platformers. On that note, I hope we see Sonic Generations 2.

7. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    We are talking here mejority of gamers.Fighting games are fun at only arcades with handle and big buttons.I used to play fighting vs games loooong ago.But arcade era has been gone atleast in my country.Now every one has own game room console and pc.Now its era of RPG.Even pure FPS games era near to end.Every genre has his golden age and life span but it is a circle.

[​IMG]

If uncharted not come to pc its ok.i can understand who will buy console then.But i wish quality of games like uncharted,last of us,halo should come to pc.
    Or i got bore of gaming now because playing from 25 years straight!!Is this happenes?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016