1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC didn't boot and keep on restarting over and over again

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by wan_d7, Oct 6, 2008.

1. wan_d7

wan_d7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 450 GTS 900/2000
    i got this weird problem which occur almost a week now. i officially declaring my pc is broke down. until now i still can't use it. the problem is still a mystery which why i came here for help. the story is,last wednesday,i wanna go out,so i shut down my pc like the normal way. and that night after i come back,i switch it on,but it not starting. it's like this,when i press the power button,the PSU,fan,and almost everything starting to power up,but it off in a sec. and mystriously it power up again,and off again,and again again again... until i switch off the psu. that's weird to me but i thought it would be my overclock,so i got nothing to do except to reset the cmos. wait few sec then i start again-doh,the same thing happen. makes me scare now. i try remove the graphics card even i didn't have onboard display,just to make sure if it's the card problem,but the same thing happen. try remove the ram one by one,same. try remove the HDD,same. lastly i try removing the MOBO battery,same. :banana:

which i conclude if anyone have the same tragedy,i would really happy and relief and hope some advice. very much thank you.
    my specs are just like in my profile.

2. muzicmaken

muzicmaken New Member

GPU:
    ATI Saffire
    I have the same problem and have concluded it is my memory....OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 SLI-Ready Edition 4GB Dual Channel...

It doesn't like my MSI P45 NEO3 MB....once I remove the mem then boot (w/ot mem) reinstall mem it works fine...or turn computer off unplug and discharge any electricity that is still in it...then plug it back in and turn it on and it comes on...But I I have to fight with it to get it back on.....THe sales person sold me crappy memory I beleive knowing it wasn't compatible with my board....

I'm purchasing different memory to make sure.....

3. nafan08

nafan08 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5870 + 260
    yeh i had that problem but i took out my video card to fix it strange but it worked once i got it working i done a bios update that fixed everything

4. wan_d7

wan_d7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 450 GTS 900/2000
    but...i suspect it's my power supply...cuz this symptom do happen before when i buy a new PSU. maybe it's the PSU faulty anyone? i will soon try with my friends PSU.

5. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    had that problem with a build once...

Turned out the problem was that I didn't put thermal grease on the cpu heatsink and cpu. It overheated real quick and shuts off as a safety thing. Buy some thermal grease and make sure you apply it on the heatsink and cpu, then clip it on and boot up. Hopefully it will work, it's worth a shot...