PC cases supporting HD5970

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Gripen90, Nov 20, 2009.

1. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Had to remove the drivebay on my antec 900, the card was about 3mm too long. Can easily mount drives without the drive bay anyway so not a big deal.

2. |WOY|Shotty1993

|WOY|Shotty1993 Banned

GPU:
    POV GTX 470
    Can people stop whining about the sizes of the new gpu's, most case's will fit these cards, unless you have like an m atx case.
    As a matter of fact i could potentialy fit in 17" card since MY thermal take armour is quite spacious, and i have nothin in the bottom 3 5,2" only a fan at the very front, so my case will still fit gpu's made about 3-4 years from now on??

3. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    i have a cosmos 1000 and I know it will fit in that. That was the reason I went with a big case, because I had a feeling these cards were going to get bigger.

4. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    i thought the drive bays were wide enough for you to just slot the card partially into a drive bay for inserting it into a pcie?

5. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    Where did you find those pics with dimensions?

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    They are wide enough, but you cant push the card into the pcie socket as the end of the card hits the bottom of the drive bay which is too high still about half an inch to push the card into the socket.

7. lmcity12

lmcity12 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870X2
    Direct link from the official CM site (hit the "support" button for every individual case).
    Probably its something they added in the past few months...

8. Hekynn

Hekynn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 1gb MSI HAWK
    That's good to know I also got a Cosmos 1000. Since I hope I will have the money in April for this sucker :D

9. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I had to remove the drive cage from my Antec 900 as the card was about 3mm too long.

10. zshadow

zshadow Active Member

5970 fit fine in my antec 902, had to remove the middle drive bay as well though.

11. AusROM

AusROM Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS ATi HD6950(2G) CUII
    I aint afraid of no Video card.
    I have my Thermaltake Xaser VI.
    I even have 4 Sata HDD's, TV card, and two DVD Burners already there and i know i could even fit two of these puppies in it still.

12. Opeth

Opeth Member

GPU:
    Asus 5870 + 8800GTS (G92)
    hehe same here man, bought few months back (instead of 1100 coz its more silent and dust filters are awesome), so there is defo no problem with CM Cosmos RC1000 :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  13. 3T3RN4L

3T3RN4L Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870 1035/5320mhz

are you serious? i have the antec 900 and have the 5870 which is about inch shorter and it fits fine. had to push hdd bays out a tad cause i wanted little more space to hide the pci-e cables.

you shouldn't of had to remove'em completly. the card would have to be like 13-14 inches in order to have to completely remove the bays. move your drives to the very bottom or very top for extra space unless you have like more then 2 drives. i guess that can be one reason i don't have a problem either with space since i only have 2 drives.