1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Sep 29, 2018.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    If people want a i win button in games, just use a cheat table, or trainer problem solved. Just stick to single player if you go that route :p.

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yes, they fixed small things within the 1.06 instead of using a new versionnr. totally confusing for people, sigh. 4gb is also crap of this patch including mac and linux audio files in the newest patch, totally unnecessary and god knows why they did that.

Edit: New patch out fixing this and other bugs.
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1708445194439906203

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    BangTail likes this.
  3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Man, I really love this game! :D

My level 4 party just entered a random cave on the map and got ambushed and annihilated by three Wererats! If I had to guess, the Wererats were level 6 or so, two rogues and one alchemist. It took me four or five tries to kill them all, and then I tried an additional five times to kill them all without losing any party members.

So basically, the encounter was extremely challenging, yet VERY satisfying. It really brought back memories of Baldurs Gate and Baldurs Gate 2, with how prepared you have to be for difficult encounters, as well as being strategic in your execution.

Smite Evil is fantastic in Pathfinder, much better than 3.5e. My Paladin took out one of the Wererats in one hit with a critical using Smite Evil. The blow went straight through the Wererat's DR like a hot knife through butter :cool:

BangTail likes this.
  4. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, it's a stellar game :)

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    @ Bang Tail or anyone that knows anything about Pathfinder mechanics, is Improved Initiative worth getting? My Paladin just leveled up and I'm wondering whether I should give him Improved Initiative or Blind Fighting.

*Edit* Testing it out, Improved Initiative seems to work nicely. My Paladin is definitely attacking first more often. He just smashed that man eating troll that wiped out my party when they were level 2. Now that they're level 5, it's payback time! My Pally solo'd the troll and wiped the floor with him thanks to Divine Bond and Smite Evil.

Critical hit for 56 damage = extremely dead troll with no chance of regeneration. What now bitch? :D

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    BangTail likes this.
  6. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yes, if he is front lining, it is totally worth having

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
  8. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Greetings, pathfinders!

Enhanced Edition and "Beneath the Stolen Lands are out!
    The EE includes:
    • numerous gameplay-enriching content additions and dozens of quality-of-life features
    • new abilities and ways to build your character, including a brand-new class
    • new items and weaponry
    • improved balance, especially in the beginning and last two chapters of the game
    • enhanced kingdom management system, both in terms of balance as well as usability and player comfort
    • increased variety of random encounters on the global map
    • thousands of fixes and improvements made since the game's initial release

Patch notes will be up soon!

Enhanced Edition: https://store.steampowered.com/app/640820/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/
    Beneath the Stolen Lands DLC: https://store.steampowered.com/app/900449/Pathfinder_Kingmaker__Beneath_The_Stolen_Lands/

LocoDiceGR likes this.