1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Sep 29, 2018.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Also sad these developers need to rely on the crappy review/s (system) to sell more and earn more.

BangTail likes this.
  2. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, the Steam review system is for sh!t, there is no doubt about that.

I hope they stick to their guns and keep it challenging.

That's one thing I respect about FROM (Dark Souls, Bloodborne), despite all the whining for an 'I WIN' button, they never caved in.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    How anyone can criticise this game for being hard is beyond me as it has at least five difficulty levels from memory; including a Story and Easy mode which significantly reduce the amount of damage you take in combat etc.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yeah i also wondered why...when they added so many options you can adjust in difficulty. But maybe its not the difficulty at all but more the "missing" infos on enemys like people are used to from similar games like poe, divinity, etc. and they actually have to figure out the resistances, reading npcs text carefully or even books, hints etc.theres also an encyclopedia, where it doesnt say "resistance to fire" but paraphrased.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018

5. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, it's more to do with people not being handed everything than being too easy.

The amount of whining about the spider swarms on the forums was downright hilarious.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yeah, lol. Try to hit a swarm with lets say 20 spiders with a big axe or sword, hihi. :D

BangTail likes this.
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Btw, after all, Dark souls doesn't get bad reviews for being really difficult. As long as a game is super difficult but fair, it's OK. Let's not forget though that there are games that are unfairly difficult due to poor game design or bugs.

BangTail likes this.
  8. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    But fair is entirely subjective.

BangTail likes this.
  9. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I wasn't really referring to reviews, I was referring to the ubiquitous whining that goes on with regards to an 'easy mode' or difficulty settings that the devs have flatly refused to implement.

They stuck to their vision of their game and I have nothing but respect for that as many other devs cave to pressure and make sweeping changes to accommodate the aforementioned whiners.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I meant from a technical standpoint like - if an attack has a humane reaction window :) If it's unfair then there is no way to dodge or block or whatever.

I understand. The opposite of Blizzard and World of Warcraft :)

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Exactly :D

Netherwind likes this.
  12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Right now they pretty much frack up their game with every hotfix, not fixing game breaking bugs, fixing again, not fixed, and so on, introducing more bugs and with the latest 2nd hotfix patch making the game even more unplayable. Ever heard of beta-branches? Sigh...thats really some incompetent crap going on right now. Makes me really sad, cos i like this game!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    cerebus23 and BangTail like this.
  13. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, the amount of developers that seem to ignore things like milestones or beta branches these days is ridiculous.

Sadly, that is what the internet has brought us, granting devs the ability to release unfinished work and then patch it every five minutes.

3.5" Floppies were annoying, but the games invariably released completed, a far cry from today.

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Dumped about 5 hours into the game yesterday, and I must say, so far I'm loving it! This game is the FIRST game I've played in a long time which can bring me back to how I felt when playing Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 years ago. I have the remastered versions of Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2, but I could never really get into them due to the archaic ruleset and the graphics. Pathfinder Kingmaker solves both of those problems handily! I haven't noticed any bugs yet either, and while I'm playing on normal, the difficulty seems to be just right. I don't want the game to be too difficult considering I have such little time to play games these days.

One thing I really like as well, is how much better Pathfinder is compared to 3.5e D&D; especially when it comes to the classes. Paladin was a good class in D&D 3.5e if I recall, but in Pathfinder, the Paladin is a very strong class. All the classes though are worth taking all the way to 20th level it seems.

BangTail likes this.
  15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    The bugs are very limited in the early beginning of the game. :) Right now you have at least 10 or 20hrs+ until some major bugs may appear. With todays 1.05 hotfix they patched some gamebreaking for later chapters.

Also a lot of "limited" people gave the game the fault that their kingdom was destroyed cos they didnt focus on the trolls (for example) soon enough - serves them right :D thats how the game works. You need to focus on your main threat as soon as it pop ups and not let it slide for several months. So many people called out this is a huge major bug...lol...just love those people who dont know to play this game and giving a negative review, theres a lot of them.

And now they are going to change some things and make it far easier cos people are....yeah...

BangTail likes this.

16. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    So you have a vision of a game, a good vision in this case.

You get the funding and you realise your vision.

And then … you change the whole damn thing to suit some entitled whiners who have to have everything handed to them.

[​IMG]

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Two new patches today. 1.0.5 and 1.0.6. Fixing some bugs i encountered, very nice. They also said they focus mainly on fixing things now rather than improving things with the 1st big patch which is now delayed to 22nd of october.

LocoDiceGR and BangTail like this.
  18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    For anyone that bought the Noble, Royal or Imperial version, did you get your in game items? I'm supposed to get a belt and a signet at Oleg's tavern, but I never got them I'm sure.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yes they were added with 1.03 or 1.04 within your savegame, prev. you had to start a new game. They were in my chest at capital tho but since this and Olegs chest share the same inventory they should be there. Didnt need them anyway cos i was progressed so far in the game that i have better versions of the items already. Playtime 56hrs now, level 10 1/2.

Carfax likes this.
  20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Just had a huge download for a patch on GoG for this game (8GB) but when I checked, it said it was 1.06++ whatever that means. The patch notes are still showing the October 5th patch as well.