Path of Exile

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by shoja, Mar 28, 2012.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Will add you later you lvl 50 scrub :p

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    mkay... kinda stuck on my witch. I was planning going CI from the start, so my gear/tree reflects that. problem arose around lvl 62-63. I realized that for me to progress through chaos damage mobs in latter stages of act 2 and all of act 3 I need more ES and more ES recovery. now the problem is I have 2.3k ES, but I really want some 3k+ and better recovery. now to get that, I'll need to farm fellshrine for another 10 or so levels. Which is loooong.

Problem is this. Most efficient way of farming xp is running a zone like Fellshrine in a group. You set the rules and try to make it clear that no ninjas allowed. Until you start a game, group up and realize that 2/6 players will just bluntly ninja everything they see. now that is annoying and the more it happens the more you realize that the loot system needs some work.

Another thing I noticed, playing in groups makes the ping higher, in general. I died today a couple of times. One of them was because I was busy kicking a player from the group because he was a thief, the other one was lag spike. I'm lvl 65 on my witch, but every death already costs me around 1h of solo farming gameplay. this is a worry. unless the servers improve massively, we'll be dying to lag and at high levels (90+) that would possibly mean 10+ hours of progress lost due to lag every time. I reckon a death at lvl 99 would equal to a loss of 30+ hours of gameplay. or more. which is fine if it's my fault, but if it's the crappy servers then thanks but no thanks.

Either way, I'm starting a new char tonight, his name is eclap and hes a templar and let's see how he goes. I'm beginning to grasp the very basics of the game now (just) so hopefully I won't hit a wall this time.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Another thing... The game's biggest downfall is the "always online" thing. People moaned when D3 had it, but at least it worked (I know, the first couple of days were a bit random, but there was 8m copies sold so understandable and acceptable, every major online release has these issues for the first few days). PoE is now 2 weeks old and things are still pretty bad. Also, people complained about legendaries not dropping or being bad in D3. Well, I haven't had a single unique in PoE in the last 20+ hours of gameplay (which was pure farming btw) and the last 2 I found before that were laughable. In fact, I will say it now that the majority of rares I find are not for my class (Armor/evasion/useless items). I haven't found a single upgrade since normal difficulty. Crafting helps somewhat but still, the loot tables seem to be meh.

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I'm playing some Dead Space and Crysis 3 Eclap and I'll come back :p

5. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I haven't read the whole thread so this may have already been said. Permanent curses is awesome. It opens up a slot in your links because you can put it on an alternate weapon set and just hit X after you've finished cursing everything. This makes it one of the most powerful passives out there imo.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    or you can not use that and just have enough dps to kill everything before the curse runs out :p either way a curse takes up one gem slot. I would say putting 3 auras with reduced mana on the alternate weapon is better because you save 4 slots and only have to apply the auras once. not sure if auras work like that, mind.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  7. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    They don't work like that, if I cast clarity with it on a weapon and switch then the aura goes away. Abilities that are active on your character get disabled, this includes summons so weapon swap is a good way to make your zombies explode on command.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well, there's some quirky way of how gems work but thought that auras wouldn't work. shame.

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Hey Guys..

As I am hopelessly addicted to this stupid game, if you ever wanna go for some farming, hit me up.. I'm on Anarchy League

Marauder - Level 46 - Beachem
    Ranger - Level 47 - Gwenevyn

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have 2 lvl 70+ characters, catch up son. Don't think I'll go back to PoE though, it's good but I hate the currency system.

11. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Game is great I got a level 76 and others atm. Btw eclap the creator of the game when you join can set it to permanent drop so nobody can ninja loot and as far as the money system well there is not gold etc it's a barter system and works very well. This game is leaps and bounds better than diablo 3 that's for sure.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Why does everyone have to bash d3 all the time? D3 does a lot of things better that PoE. Drops in PoE are just as bad if not worse than in D3. Also, what happened to everyone who hated the always online in D3? Suddenly, another game which is similar comes out, but nobody is complaining about always online in PoE. PoE was the biggest joke for server stability and performance in the first 3 months. It was bad. That's probably all fixed now, but countless people died because of that. PoE economy is weird and changes far too much. Currencies valuable one day can mean nothing the next etc. It's a good game, but it has many flaws. D3 is still by far the most played ARPG for a reason.

13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Agreed. They both could have been better and the devs are improving them with every patch. I like PoEs' style better - far more like D2, but I hate the currency system. D3 has its flaws like the horrible story and voice acting. Don't want to start a flame war so I'll stop here. One thing though - PoE is free and it is not a sequel to a legend and D3 was full price and great expectations. Still got tired of both very fast. I'm wondering if I'll like it better on PS3 and is it worth to try and sell my copy and buy it one more time. Do Blizz deserve it?!

14. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Auction House and Drops made around auction house is what killed D3 for me. Everything else was just fine.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Anyone else playing this? I started a spectral throw scion (of course) yesterday, she's lvl 21 now. The game is pretty fun atm, they've added a few things, some massive new mobs, shrines are cool. I'm in domination league, hit me up in game if you fancy leveling etc. Name is gansci

16. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    ive been playing quite a bit lately. I just hit 51 on my witch, really like the game. I have a feeling that my spec is going to blow in the next skill level....hopefully it wont ruin the game.

name is punchedsandwitch if anyone wants to add me

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'll wait for you to get to 70ish, I have 2 characters on that level, one of them a cold witch.

18. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    lol i guess you will be waiting for a while haha.

how much do you group up with others? ive been doing everything solo thus far, seems like i will have to group up to do anything in the next go around

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I used to play with Wanny about a year ago, also grouped a lot back in the day (you know you can group from towns, right?).

Farming in a group is really efficient, so if you're looking to gain a few levels quick, go for it. I always farm the Ledge (a1), fellshrine (a2) and docks (a3) for a few levels as I progress through the game. usually smash out some 3-5 levels and then move on. If I find a good group, I'll grind out levels a bit more, because it can be fun.

20. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tried few months ago to get back into this but cba at the time. I'd tag along but I doubt my schedule would match enough with anyone elses to warrant a co-play-leveling (esp since I still have progression raids in other games @prime time)