Path of Exile

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by shoja, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    camera is sitting pretty low. but nothing you can't get used to in a few hours.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    what lvl are you now wanny?

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

About 32 in act 3! Melee build works ok so far but I'm gonna go for some defense perks now.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    man do you not work or something?

5. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Still at school for one last semester.

6. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    That sounds awesome. D3 was somewhat childish, in my opinion. Cartoonish graphics ... childish bosses that telepathically talk to you now and again .. before or approaching the fight.. colours were too colourful ...

Diablo 1 was far more realistic. D2 as well. So your comments sound like this game is much closer to D1/D2.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    the devs themselves call it Diablo 2.5. things like inventory are the way they are because that's what they were like in d2. only they're a bit more spacious. but yeah, towards the end of act 1 and act 2 the game just gets dark.

8. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Some of the complaints I've heard, the biggest of which are sluggish animations ...will be fixed, I'm sure.

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Animations/combat could indeed feel tighter and more brutal. They're doing the job, but it's a bit amateurish for now.

10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    was being a twit (it had saved my download progess). playing as ranger and is fun so far...

11. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Eclap, when you say things get dark, do you mean dark as in story-wise dark, or just dark as in dungeon dark ..? ; - )

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    the story doesn't really matter in ARPGs but it's ok in PoE. the voice acting in particular is really good imho, there's not much spoken dialogue but it is well done. When I say dark, I mean it just gets dark. You go to fight Brutus, the place is just filth, the music is dark and heavy and very dramatic. There's a lot of places like this, music in particular I suggest everyone turns up to max because it's that good. It does feel dark, that's the best I can say about it.

One thing I don't like about PoE is the community. Don't get me wrong, I've come across a lot of great people, really helpful, but the general chat is also full of retards asking stupid questions. Also a lot of the general chat seems to be talking about how crap D3 is and how good PoE is which gets old really quick. I guess PoE being a free game, it attracts a lot of kids who just talk sh1t.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    tbf, the game starts off slow. that was my gripe in closed beta as well. but once you get some movement speed and some attack speed you'll see things improve dramatically. I guess it was designed like this on purpose?

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yeah turn off gen chat!!! (well it's ok for a minute or 2 just to see what kind of drivel gets talked about).

p.s will chars you create cross over? how much will off game be or it's f2p?

my poison arrow and traps are rockin!

15. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Well I wouldn't know since I'm still downloading. :D Will know soon enough though. Bladdy slow download speeds ... 50 KB/s and still have another 3 GB to go.

16. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I can't imagine it would be. So many people will judge a game on how it plays in less than an hour. Especially free games.

Game devs really need to find a way to make combat feel more visceral. Swinging a sword at an enemy doesn't have to be a boring affair.

The reason I think I was able to get into Diablo 3 was because the first character I tried was a monk... and they NAILED that sh... stuff. I really felt like I was punching the sh... stuff out of everything. It felt good. Even in the early hours. The animation and sound was top notch.

Pretty much this. Free game communities tend to be awful. I honestly hate the general chat of pretty much every RPG I've ever played. If it's Guild Wars 2, people talk about how stupid WoW is. If it's Diablo, people talk about how bad PoE is. Etc etc. It's almost as though people need to justify their decision to play a game like it actually MEANS something.

17. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    I love it. i even like it more then d3, its more dark and nasty..anyway, i played with my friend together, me as templar and he as witch/hunter ( he couldnt decide yet) and we had a lot of fun. where both now lvl 20 and enjoy it a lot..For a free game its awesome..And teh devs listen to ceommunity as far as i see it in teh forums..

so, id say, its a good game with a lot of potencial..

deffo keep playing it for now..

18. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I don't think kids will like the theme of this game as they go in further. Oh and the difficulty and complexity of this game will add to the kid repellent formula as well lol

19. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    +1

it gets heavier as more u advance..some missions i couldnt done with my teammate. also its important for us that we dont have the same skills, so we can enhance each other..its great teamplay also..

20. Blood487

Blood487 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Direct CUII 580(SLI)
    Add me guys!

'Twotears'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.