PatchScript for FireGL 8.293

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by huangyanhao, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Lord Banshee

Lord Banshee Master Guru

GPU:
    X1950XT 512 @ FireGL 7350
    I have found that specview in the past isn't a GPU only test and CPU and MEM matters, so what are you components.

2. nulio

nulio New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT 256MB
    Well till I start using archicad or something like some cad more turned for architecture I'll have to use what I learnt at university, autocad. :boob:

I was speaking of general OpenGL settings, does the cpanel have something like that? Or just in each program we use?

Cumps

3. Samiam

Samiam Member Guru

GPU:
    4G DDR2
    ATI control panel lacks settings

The ATI FireGL control panel is lacking. The only tabs I have in ATI display Settings control panel are these six:

ATI Options (seven general settings)
    ATI rotation (monitor rotation)
    ATI Configuraion (application presets + overlay settings exposed)
    ATI Advanced Settings (AA and AF settings)
    ATI Displays
    ATI color (gamma, brt, con)
    :cussing:

Same for everybody? No way to manually set 24bit for example? That kinda suxs, ne?

RivaTuner doesn't seem able to modify those settings either, and has no OpenGL tab as with the Quadro... (again, unless I've installed something incorrectly.)

I'm going to try and mod the registry settings, though they're undocumented. Anybody know about them? Will post results.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  4. Lord Banshee

Lord Banshee Master Guru

GPU:
    yes those are the only tabs of the ATI control panel :(

But i am not sure what you mean by 16-bit? All my program are in 32-bit, but this setting has nothing to do with the ATI Control Panel.

Right Click Desktop, Properties, Settings, Change Color Quality: to 32-bits

Is there something different about Maya, I've never used it.

5. Samiam

Samiam Member Guru

GPU:
    4G DDR2
    texture bit depth

Yes, my desktop is in 32bit.

I'm talking about textures loading in Maya, whether it's loaded into video RAM as 32bit or 16bit. Presently, Maya is loading textures as 16bit on the FireGL, so they're banding. On Nvidia cards, one can specify to load as 16 or 32 in the NV control panel.

6. Lord Banshee

Lord Banshee Master Guru

GPU:
    I'll download the trail of Maya PLE and test my machine.

So what exactly is the problem:
    When you apply a texture to a model, in the viewport you do not get a 32-bit texture viewed on the model but a 16-bit? And you confirm that there was a 32-bit texture before the FireGL mod?

*edit* I see that you fixed your problem in the other thread. I tested it and the viewports look great in WinXP with FireGL and Vista as X1950XT. They seem to match a texture almost perfectly with HQ viewport set with 2048 color size in the options.

I wish i could figure out how to read my vcore :( my X1950XT uses a newer chip and i have no idea how to read the voltage unless i take a DMM to the chip on the card it self, not something i want to find time to do right now. I am afraid to OC it to correct 3D clocks because if it isn't suppling the correct voltage it could hurt some things... For now 500/600 and FireGL is fast enough though.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  7. burak71

burak71 New Member

GPU:
    softmod quadro 3000 + quadro 4000
    hii im industrial product designer,and im using 3dsmax ( nvidia 6800 softmod quadro fx4000 and maxtreme driver ),im take e new machine ,is the possible using "FireGL Software Suite "3dmax to x1950 softmod firegl vga ???
    please answer ,who is try and succesfully ? thanks .
    mail : designer71@gmail.com

8. Lord Banshee

Lord Banshee Master Guru

GPU:
    burak71, i am not sure what you are asking?

But if you are asking if a X1950XT mods to a FireGL and works in 3dsmax then i would say.... umm isn't this thread about how successful the mod is?

But if you question is can you use the "3dsmax" FireGL "special" driver than i can say maybe, i have not tried it. But Personally when i used to use 3dsmax a lot and have my 9800Pro as a FireGL X2, it was always faster just to use DirectX than to even worry about the special driver as it used OpenGL. I know for a fact the Nvidia's newest 3dsmax driver is DirectX but i think ATi is still using OpenGL so choosing a DirectX path will almost always be faster, for 3dsmax at least.

9. burak71

burak71 New Member

GPU:
    thank you :)

10. burak71

burak71 New Member

GPU:
    can we use 3dsmax firegl drivers ( like a maxtreme) to softmod ...?

11. spaman64

spaman64 Member

I thought I'de try posting here :) I am interested in knowing the compatability of SoftFireGL's with Quad Buffered OpenGL. I have tried in some other threads without too much luck but this thread still seems to be somewhat active so I thought I might as well give this a try. I am aware that the non FireGL cards do not have the DIN3 port however I have an adapter to provide the same functionality. Do you know if the quad buffered opengl which provides frame sequential output is available from the SoftFireGL scripts? Thanks a bunch for all the help.

12. tienloc47

tienloc47 Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon X1950Pro 512mb
    help!! PLZ

where can i find driver 8.293 for fireGL v5200? i wanna mod my radeon x1600pro to fireGL v5200. Is it possible? everyone please help...

13. cane

cane New Member

Mobility X1800 to softmod

Hello everybody! Does anyone know is it possible to softmod mobility x1800 (which model of firegl is 'equivalent')? I have tried with patching firegl 8.293 drivers, but without success :(
    Thanks for help.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  14. tienloc47

tienloc47 Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon X1950Pro 512mb
    I got confused too but I successfully modded my x1600pro. I think there is no mobile FireGL version equivalent to the mobile X1800

Mobile FireGL V5200 = Mobile Radeon X1600
    Mobile FireGL V5250 = Mobile Radeon X1700

u may wanna try mobile FireGL V7200 if it's possible because FireGL V7200 = Radeon X1800

15. grim_d

grim_d Member

does it have to be the 8.293 drivers or do the latest ones work?

16. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Try and see for yourself.
    Usually patches are meant for a specific revision of a driver set, but sometimes, the portions that have to be patched are identical between versions, so it wouldn't hurt to try the patch nonetheless.

17. grim_d

grim_d Member

ok i will do, however i got the older ones. I'm just trying to decide between 2 cards though, in you guys opinion would i be better getting a 512mb x1800xt or a 256mb x1950xt for softmodding into a firegl7350? i'm finding it very hard to make the decision.

I have literally been reading these forums ALL day and feel i could pull it off, if only i could decide on a card.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  18. aggiebroz

aggiebroz New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 4870
    I have successfully modded my mobility x700 into a firegl v5000. i don't have the scores anymore but i know it more than doubled my solidworks perfomance(thats the main thing i needed firegl for) and i was able to enable realview which makes materials look a lot better.

Anyways i now would like to know if anybody knows of a way to easily switch between the radeon and firegl drivers,bc i remember having a few issues with some software last time the firegl was installed. i was wondering if it might be possible to create two hardware profiles or something with the different drivers.

19. potkan

potkan New Member

GPU:
    HD2900Pro 512MB
    I have moded my X1600 into V5200, is there some way to install maximum drivers for 3DsMax?

20. hys0706

hys0706 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1600 pro
    you mod the CARD in winXP/ vista??