Pascal BIOS Tweaker

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by LongWayRunner, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Not much news out there when can we expect a tweaker, i heard in few weeks.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    My personal guess is the first place to look for it would be overclock.net, just like Maxwell BIOS editor.

3. EvERYONE is quiet about it as if it is a government secret.

I want it here and now

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    There's a custom bios out but i'm not sure what it changes, but it's for the asus strix 1080. Probably other custom solutions are fine running it but wouldn't recommend it on FE cards.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yep, called clickbait...

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I want my click back.

7. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    I want the time i spent to see this thread back

8. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    LongWayRunner best run a Long way a way after that thread title ;)

9. I dont receive any revenue from this thread so it is not a clickbait. At least know know what you speak of.

10. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Let's call it misleading, and yeah false hope hurts :( I WANT THAT FRIGN' POWER LIMIT/VOLT LIMIT GONE! Well, atleast without having to short a shunt. My card can do 2177 on 1,081-1,075 and wanna know if it can go any higher :D

11. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Just short the shunts dude! It's super easy! Took me all of 5 minutes and was well worth the effort. The power limit only maxes out on some mining algos now, although there appears to be internal power limits that are triggered before 100% which cause memory throttling by -200MHz and immediate core throttling by one step.

Also, these fu'cking cards have a temp throttle limit at 60c. Can you believe that? Thermal Grizzly Kryonaught and 3300+ rpm's are required to manage that with a 66-76f room temp. :bang:

10/10 click bait though.

12. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

There is a T4 Bios going around recently for the 1080 at overclockers that removes the power limit and raises the voltage to 1.25v. It also shows more performance clock per clock as well. Some guy over there is showing proof of it running at 2171 stable with his voltage curve listed volt/clock where it doesnt go past 2152 after throttle. I tried to flash it in admin cmd prompt but NVflasher wont do it because my SUB ID wont match. Is there anyone who knows of another windows flasher that doesnt check on sub ID? I'm willing to test and post results with it myself if we can do it.

13. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    isnt it
    nvflash -5 -6 biosname.rom
    or -4 -5 -6
    ?
    I dont remember....getting old.
    Sup eli, long time no hear.

14. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

-f -5 -6 worked.
    So far 2152 seems to be the sweet spot. 2177 was attainable, @ 1.17v but crashed PCars. Not sure if alternate cooling or replacing thermal paste would give it the edge it needs. Temps still stay under 60 too..

15. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

so 2139 @ 1.17 volts steady after 2152 @ 1.2v is good. There is no power limit tho.

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    That is absolute crap voltage scaling.

.03v for 13mhz?

Which equates to .2% performance gain.
    Seems like all risk no reward(not saying 1.2 is particularly risky but you know what i mean)

17. ender79

ender79 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 ~ 1455 Mhz
    All Pascal GPUs have the BIOS encrypted. That why you will not find any software like MaxwellBiosEdito

18. Jonathanese

Jonathanese Guest

GPU:
    STRIX 1070 1200/9200
    To me, it's a shame buying a Strix unit with temps staying below 65C, only to find that the clocks are severely limited by power limits and peak voltage. I basically upgraded my 970 STRIX to a 980 last generation through BIOS editing. Even then, there was still basically no problem with GPU temperatures. Of course, they had a hardware lock on the voltage still. But it was nice being able to just turn the power throttling to 200% and not worry about it trying to keep TDP low.

Now, my 1070 STRIX feels a bit like a Ferrari with a 60MPH speed cap.

19. Well I find it quite unbelievable that there are so many Pascal users world-wide and yet nobody was able to get his hands on ANY public/private key for ANY BIOS. It almost feels like the punishment for breaking their NDA is death.

It's a shame that NVIDIA takes all the fun away from us. All NVIDIA could do is to release a fully unclocked BIOS for die-hard overclockers, where they would clearly state that using this BIOS would void the warranty... I certainly wouldn't mind that, who cares...

20. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    But what would be the benefit to Nvidia? They are very smart and unscrupulous business persons, so it won't happen