Parking wars

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Extraordinary, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    This is like two threads in one. One is about the OP having a problem with a strange couple parking their car in front of his house. The other is about an unnecessary argument. Please stop it.

I vote for the birds on the roof option.

2. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Cut the handbrake cable and push it out the way..

Me and my dad have done that before many years ago.

They never parked, blocking our back gate, again.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Some fun suggestions :D

I don't really want to start a full on war with my neighbours though lol

As of a couple hours after sticking the note on their car, it's been moved - but they do that now and then, so we'll see if it comes back later on

And yes, to the people who didn't read the OP, we have knocked on their door and tried to catch them in the street, no answer at the door and I don't sit at the front window all day waiting for people, so if I catch them I catch them, until then, a note on the car is the easiest way to talk to them :)

4. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    HAHAHAHA, loled so hard, you just made my day :D What can I say, you've picked wrong side of the stick. I'm sure many of us here have similar stories to share. I'm at work atm, when I came home I'll share few of mine experiences when I was a kid and one event few years ago with my older kid.

Hope everithing will be sorted out without casualties, no one reasonable here wants to start a war without enough reasons, especially with their neighbours. From my 40 years life experience I've learned that sometimes you have to do something or people wil abuse that passive approach of yours: "...he's not doing anything, so I can do whatever I want in his face...". That is no go for me and I'm teaching my children not to back away when they think they way is right. If neighbours car in front of your house bothers you, clearly it does, you have every right to ask that neighbour why is he using parking space in front of your house instead of space in front of his house that stays empty. You had left him a note on car windshield, knocked on his dor and if he ignores you every single time than it's clear like a day he don't five a fück neither about you or probably some other people around him. Pricks like those need to learn a lesson or two and most of us here are supporting you and suggesting you to do something, just don't do nothing, that will make you feel miserable sooner or later. Good luck dude!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015

5. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Yea Im ok with things going wrong for a while, but if I try my best to fix them and it's obviously a purposely done wrong-doing by the other party, then yea I do go further, but I do try to fix it civilly first, that way when I get his car towed, or move it myself, I know I tried ;)

The note hopefully will be enough, I even spent a little time wondering if I should put "Please" at the end of it, but decided not to because they are obviously doing this for a reason, not because they have nowhere else to park

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    "Would you kindly" works better I heard.

Lol'd :D

7. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I would have been more polite if they weren't avoiding us and for whatever reason doing what they're doing

Im not a bad guy, but I do get annoyed with stupid a$$ things like this

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You haven't played Bioshock? :p Yeah I feel you, parking slots make people go full retard.

9. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol yup Ive played Bioshock :D

I didn't even think about it for the first week or two, but when we couldn't get parked with taxis and the two of them were blatantly avoiding us, it started ringing alarm bells that something else was going on

Like I say, I don't drive, so it's absolutely fine if someone else parks outside my door, but when they leave that car there almost permanently... with many spaces available outside their own door... I do need that space now and again

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Yeap, already done and guess what, never got back to anybody, and it seems nothing has been done, but the thing with the bread and the birds is genius, what a cracking idea. lol

11. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Council in the NE of UK never do anything other than what suits them, I wouldn't waste my time with them

Darkest knows the score - "sod all will happen"

Basically it goes like this:

Complain
    Complain
    Complain
    Complain
    Take Action yourself
    Get arrested / Complaint letter from the people you complained to in the first place

12. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    lol, I've missed this message. And I thought connecting my neighbours cars with huge chain on parking space belonging to my house was something. You and your dad had beat me, my hats off for two of you :)

edit
    OK, I remember I've been even worse than two of you. I can't say I'm proud because of next story I'm gonna tell but this is just one more experience from my life, I'm not happy thinking about it but life goes on and most important I didn't just turned my back on it and gone into the dark...

One prick was owing me some money for more than two years. I've borrowed him some little amounts of money few times before and every time he was returning me that money on scheduled date, same amount he borrowed earlier and it was OK with me thinking I was helping someone who is honest and I didn't suspected anything. Some 6 or 7 years ago still not knowing that he is nothing more than a worthless piece of s.h.i.t. he borrowed money from me again, this time much more than usual. I had gave him money without question and he promised to take it back 2 weeks from that day.

Time had passed and not a single word from him after that, month, two and I was a bit worried that something fishy is going on. Called him on the phone, he was full of excuses EVERY TIME: "...sorry, I forgot..." "...don't worry, I'll bring it tomorrow..." etc. After calling him for more than 2 years (TWO YEARS!), about once a month, to ask him about my money it was to much for me and at that point I couldn't controlled myself, I've boiled and my wife knows when I'm at the break point and that something bad is going to happen.

One day I've spoted him driving his brand new car (WTF!?) and that was enough! Called him one more by phone and guess what: he was so arogant while our "conversation" ("...who do you think you are, now there is no way I'm gonna gove back that money to you, no way!...") that I've decided to visit him personally and took my money back even by force. I even joked with my wife: "...dear, don't be surprised if I call you from the police station...", but she wasn't laughing. I've gone to his appartment but there was no one there so I've decided to wait few hours.

It was 10pm when he showed in front of building he lives and same moment he spotted me he started to run like mad. I've catched him maybe minute or two later and shove him to the wall. We were arguing loud and he was acting like a jerk, like we never met before and not a single word from him about money he borrowed from me: "...what money, what are you talking about!?...". I wasn't expecting that but suddenly he attacked me with something, till this day I don't know what it was, and cuted my palm a bit so blood was all over my hand. After that darkness has falled on my eyes, "berserk mode activated" and I beat the life out from him in next 2, maybe 3 minutes because of that wound on my palm. "...Now I'm going to call a police because of this, you'll see...".... Don't know why I did it, but I've just grabbed him: "...OK, you want to go to the police, I'm gonna help you out!". I've pulled him to the police station maybe 400 meters down the road, we entered there and police officers we looking at us like: WTH just happened with two of you!? I had a lot of mine and his blood on my hands, he was also covered with mine and his blood all over the face and torso.

They were polite, more than I've expected from them to be. They gave us paper towels to wipe the blood, from my hands and he wiped blook from his face. They had took us to two sepparate interrogation rooms. I asked officer near me if I can call my wife to say I'm OK because he didn't heard me for more than 5, 6 hours. Called her: "honey, gues what?" She: "..tell me you aren't calling from place you're told me you're gonna call earlier?" Me: "...yup, don't worry..." Both of us told our side of the storry to the interrogation officers, I guess he lied them like he lied me and after some time one officer who was interrogating him walked into my room and asked me: "...don't tell me you are one just more dude who was cheated bu that prick? His older son is well known criminal and he escaped from Serbia to no one knows where. This is not the first time we have had problems with him and his son, stay away from him and forget about the money he owes you because you're not going to see a dime of it and we can't do anything about it...". Me "...how I was suppose to know that, he was looking like a nice guy?" Officer: "...now you know...". My luck was that most of police officers who were present know me as a nice guy, I'm living in a small place where everyone knows everyone here and I wasn't that type of guy who is making throuble, don't have a criminal record, only have one parking ticket and that's it. "...Why did you do that, you have not a single law offense, things like this can ruin your life?..." "...Now I know, but it was stronger than me atm, had to do something...". They suggested me that I have two choices: to sue him, but it's obvious that I can't prove anything, only that wound on my palm and even that I can't prove without witness. Because of me sueing him he'll probably sue me for beating crap out of him and that could last for years, lawers are the one who will be the only one happy abut that situation. Or I can forget everything, forget about the money and stay away from that guy in future, "...some other angry dude is going to "take care" of him in future for sure, don't worry, it's just a matter of time.." (yes, he told me that loud and clear and I was like WTF?). Don't know what they told him but about hour later one older officer had opened the door on the interrogation room where I was with words: "...you're free to go...next time...there won't be a next time I guess...". While I was passing next to interrogation room where he was settled saw him though the one way glass still sitting there with two officers talking to him. One younger officer who was present in police station when that happened called me later and told me I'm free of charge, like it never happened. I had lucky that time, mostly because of people/officers there knowing me but I don't recommend anyone to try this.

Saw that prick few times in the distance and in past few years haven't heard anything about him. I've forgot about that money he owes me, for that money I colud by maybe two high quallity punching bags but can't say I'm not satisfied at the end, beating the crap out of him for those few minutes was more enjoyable than punching any bag :D Kids, dont' try this at home ;)

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
    A warning to you guys who likes the idea with "bread and birds on the car`s roof" before you use it in practice:
    The **** all over the car will be the least damage - the paintwork on the roof will be damaged by birds` beaks.

14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    How about making a birds nest over the roof of the car? :D

Or how about the classic trick of shoving a couple of spuds up the exhaust of the car? :)

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Heard a rumor that car is owned by the nvidia marketing team. You might want to post your addy up here.

16. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I remember living in a place in Gateshead years ago, my place was privately owned but we had council tenants living over the back. The couple who lived straight behind us moved out, they had a fence between our gardens while I had hedges. I went to bed one night and got up the next day, and I shat you not the fence was gone. You could actually see it in someone's garden a few houses up, the guy was using it for his strange obsession with woodworking projects, he actually turned it into a huge rabbit hutch. You seriously couldn't make it up.

Anyway, the fence being on council property I thought I'd give them a ring and inform them that their fence had been stolen, only to have the girl I was speaking with treat me like I was **** on her shoe and try to tell me that I was wasting her time and should have went to the police over 'my' fence. Of course, I kicked off big time and pointed out that it was the councils property that had been damaged/stolen and was their responsibility. I was doing them a favour by even bothering to call in and ended up with a mouth load.

Councils in the NE are terrible to deal with, even when you're doing them a favour.

17. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    I don't really understand how someone doing something legally and generally getting a long with neighbours is being a pushover, it does seem like a storm in a tea cup from the outside lol.

Besides all of your handbrake cable cutting, bird **** terrorising :)D) and fairly liquid ideas are a bit amateurish and technically damage property. Ice cubes with a drop of engine oil, sling a few under the car every few days.

18. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  19. CaptainAcid

CaptainAcid Member

GPU:
    A/A
    Obviously, the best solution would be to buy a car just to park there.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    If it's really parked there legally, that's one thing. I'm yet to see the OP mention if the ars3hole is parking in a private parking bay or not. Maybe I missed him saying it's parked there legally, not sure, it's too late and I just worked a 14 hour day so excuse me.

Even if it's parked there legally, if it annoys the OP, because the person in question should really park outside his own house, I'd take some kind of action. Instead of rolling over. That is all.