palit\gainward gtx 460 problem with driver 260.63

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Jammed_Death, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Jammed_Death

Jammed_Death Guest

GPU:
    Gtx560 TI Hawk
    So, i made the new thread for those who experienced problems with the gs-glh from gainward and the palit

the problem in one word...ehm pic is this:

[​IMG]

so the gainward and palit support moved quickly after the mail from users and today they release a bios that apparently solves the problem

the code for the bios is 70.04.1B.00.02

and can be found here
    http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=395

for the gainward and here
    http://www.palit.biz/main/faq_show.php?pc_cate=vga&id=161

for the palit

For now the problem appear to be solved, but i'm waiting for more feedbacks (i can't test right now because i'm at work)

2. Xavien

Xavien Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 460 2GB SLI
  3. XFAktOR

XFAktOR New Member

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX AMP!
    If anyone has a Gainward GeForceĀ® GTX 460 2GB "GS" and is able to install the new BIOS that came out today, please post it here so I can manually flash it(with nvflash). I cannot use the installer as it does not work well with SLI motherboards.

4. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I'm waiting as well, never flashed a BIOS in my whole life :p

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm having no issues with the 260.63 drivers and my card, but will probably install this bios just for the hell of it.

Unfortunately, can't run it from the installer, same issue as XFAktOR , same board too:banana:

6. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Didn't face any issues ,, but installed the "new" bios anyway ... everything is still the same .. hope it stays so :p ..

7. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    well this bios belong to 12th of July and 2 weeks ago when the Install program they
    provided for their last update failed to detect my card they sent me

8. jevers77

jevers77 New Member

GPU:
    2GTX 460 Palit Sonic Plat
    Worked for me with my 2 Palit sonic platinums. I had to put each card in my win 7 32 bit system one at a time to get the bios updater to work. It only supports 32 bit and not 64 bit or it's because of the SLi board as others said that I was having problems and could not update the my bios. I was having discolored screen and lockup if switched to SLi before I updated to this bios. Now the driver works great.

9. chrishathaway

chrishathaway Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 @ 1105/1645
    This is exactly why I use Guru3d, you my man are a star!

I tried find if there was an update bios for this bloody card on their site and found nowt!

I tried to access their new forums, which appear to have disappeared already! LOL

Wonderful stuff however, now works with latest beta's a treat, but I'd love to know what it is they needed to change!

5 Stars my friend!

10. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Well, i have Win XP x64 SP2, and no problems with BIOS install, so the problem isn't the system version.
    P.S So sad, nVidia only (for now?) have's WHQL drivers from 17.07.2010, but AMD's have's WHQL drivers from 20.07.2010 - CCC 10.7, 10.8, and now 10.9! 'We' only have bugged (not believe? Check official nVidia forum site) BETA drivers. :wanker: What is going on nVidia?!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010

11. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I just flashed this. Windows 7 x64, Palit 1GB Sonic OC'd to Sonic Platinum levels. Played Mafia 2 for an hour, max settings, no problems.

However I should mention that I did not face any problems with the older BIOS either

12. jevers77

jevers77 New Member

GPU:
    Maybe it's having SLi that causes a problem than. The updater always froze whenever I tried to update. Next time I go to update the bios I will just try 1 card at a time on my 64 bit system and see if it works. Thanks for letting me know it works on yours.

13. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    I have read today (on nVidia forum), that (Palit/Gainward) BIOS can't be updated, if You have a SLI motherboard, even with one GPU!

14. Xavien

Xavien Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 460 2GB SLI
    I'm sure some nice folks can dump their newly updated bios to a rom for use in nvflash if you ask them :)

15. Jammed_Death

Jammed_Death Guest

GPU:
    Gtx560 TI Hawk

16. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Yes it can, I've just updated my cards by pulling the power plugs on one card, and updating the other, very easy. (You need to plug you monitor into the powered card obviously.)

17. XFAktOR

XFAktOR New Member

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX AMP!
    And what about when you have a single card and a SLI motherboard and you can`t do anything to install the BIOS?

18. Lpaz

Lpaz New Member

GPU:
    Gainward Gtx 460 2Gb SLI
    GAINWARD GTX 460 2Gb

Tried with one card, two cards, two cards sli, windows, safe mode...
    Freezes in windows7 64 on "Loading VGA BIOS update module...." and in safe mode it gives me that stupid error message, "No need to update your VGA BIOS!(or not support for your VGA card)".
    Had to uninstall the 260 drivers.

I'm starting to get really unhappy with these cards, poor software support, very hot, won't overclock stably...
    I don't think i'll buy a Gainward/Palit card ever again.

19. jevers77

jevers77 New Member

GPU:
    Now I know I'm not the only one, I had absolutely no luck in window 7 64 with my SLi setup, same message just froze on the screen. Don't call support about it either, just a waste of time, they knew nothing and told me you don't need to update the bios, just wait a week and it will be fixed, yeah, ok. Worked for me only when I put 1 card at a time in my old system with win 7 32 bit. After doing that everything is fine.

20. Xavien

Xavien Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 460 2GB SLI
    no matter, thought i saw 2gb instead of 2gtx :p