Pairing HyperX two sticks of Fury DDR4 2133 with two sticks of Fury DDR4 3200 in Quad-channel.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by CYP3ORG, Dec 25, 2020.

1. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    Hello everyone!
    Is it possible to pair those sticks in quad-channel? I already have two 8GB 2133 Mhz DDR4 sticks and I could not find the same ones online. 3200 MHz is my only option :(
    These sticks are physically the same, and the only thing that is differentiating them from one another is the frequency, and timings.
    On HyperX's website there is something called: Plug and Play functionality, which is essentially a built in XMP profiling on the go, and I was thinking to myself, is it possible to get these 2133 sticks to the level of 3200 MHz and make them somewhat identical to the new ones in terms of frequency and timings, while retaining stability?

I'm trying to upgrade my PC from i5-6500 to Ryzen 7 5800x and my budget is tight, so any cuts in the overall price would be helpful for me :)

Thank you for any given help!
    Merry Christmas, and happy New Year!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  2. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    AM4 platform is dual channel, you cannot have "quad channel" on it.
    But yes, you can put all 4 sticks on the board, and everything will work at 2133 (the lowest speed).

But that low speed is a serious handicap for AMD CPUs, so I would advise against doing it.

Just put your old DDR4 on 2nd hand market and buy new ones at proper 3200 speed, or even better, grab 3600 ones, enable DOCP or whatever the name is in your bios and run them at their rated speed.

3. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    Well... thank you for the reply! I'll try to sell them at a reasonable price.