P5Q-PRO Sata drivers?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by tsunami231, Aug 28, 2021.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So i trying to find Intels drivers for thes board atles the latest of it I cant seem to find cause it use MS ACHI drivers and i like to use intel ones

Actual look lastest P45 chipest driver and achi driver for windows 10

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    in Raid mode, up till about 15.xx worked

in AHCI mode,
    11.7.4.1001 WHQL (Windows 8/10)
    11.2.0.1006 (Windows 7)

These are the P45+ICH10 boards

3. Ancymon

Ancymon Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    thank you both for info

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I just released, i already had most recent driver for both the RST and Chipset on hardrive for the pc from when i last did clean install on the pc. 5+ years ago. Soon as i installed them, everything was correct installed correctly along with that pesky usb device is connected that my OS drive where flaged as. this time i actual put all those files in data drives "system driver" folder with notes to this extent for all this

Only thing I cant fiqure out is I have unknown device listed in device manager i dont what referring too. Ethernet and hd audio from realtek onboard sound card is installed, thought onboard sound card is listed as HD audio cause it use what ever windows 20h1 installed. marvel drivers for board cant be installed said pc with cause bsod that just reverts it plus i have that marvel controller disabled in bios. Ethernet and on board audio are only thing enabled on the bios. and deleting said device just make come back on next reboot.

But hey Installed a SSD on this system has brought new life to the system it like night and day difference boot up time and usability. even with it only be sata II and limited to 300mb speeds. so dad should be happy.

he can sort threw his data from his old HDD data that i just copied over to backup/data partition on the MX500 he another person i know that dont understand the concept of keep all you data you need saved on drive/partiton that separate from OS drive so when you have reinstalled you dont have worry where your data is, The actual copy of that was royal pain in the ass I could not copy data over from from with windows on to the new SSD and what i could of his data/back up partiton on his hdd 12gb took 2 hours to do in windows, and when came to OS drive which was like 60+ gbs it kept giving me grief about i dont have rights too that took 3+ hours and only copied 35gb of that 60+. that same 12 gb took not even 10 minutes use xcopy in command prompt, and the OS drive copy took 2 hour if that and copied everything over.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it is the asus p5q-pro,i know it not one drivers I had on drive for the system. less it was the marvel drivers which just bsod the system if i try, that and i have disable that in bios. there is a
    Code:
    Version -2009/12/07 117.07 KBytes
    ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit

on asus site but it was drive from last time a reinstalled windows I will check next time i on the system, for now i think the pc is good enough for his purposes.

that MX500 even at Sata II limited, is World faster then that old old old 160gb sata hdd that was in in That i think was dying cause sometimes windows would just not get past black screen, that or the drive really was that so. was more then 10 minutes before the system was usable with the old drive vs 30 seconds and system is usable now. I would throw in more ram if i had more DDR 2 stick lying around

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @Astyanax yep it was the atko device, download it from the asus site ran install for the ini and unknown device was no longer unknown, Thanks everyone