Overwatch, Blizzards team based shooter thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Aug 13, 2015.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ah sorry, misread your post! But yeah, they have said already they are tweaking potg mechanics: http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matth...plains-how-the-play-of-the-game-system-works/

Yeah, I've just started to play Mercy more than Zen, though I have a hard time with my team... they constantly want to get out of my fov, all of them :bang:

Sticky bomb is Tracer though :)
    Not sure if I like that brawl, it just provokes ulti wh*ring all the time. It's like ulti training camp :D

2. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Think you can stick the mine to people, or at least that's what some people have done to me (tfw when killed on PotG)

3. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    If that meant my skill level was on par with who I'm going against wouldn't I win more often? I'm willing to bet that I'm getting paired with less skillful players sometimes in order to even things out.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah it can stick to people, though i don't like that ult, the blast range isn't that big.

I think it also recharges pretty fast.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm dying lol

[​IMG]

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Either you're talking about Tracer's bomb (which sticks), or Junkrat has been trolling you with his C4 :D

lol I wish that would happen more often in the camps of rhino hunters, leopard hunters, lion hunters (yes even American dentists), elephant hunters... every one of those should get a winston raid :D

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah friend of mine got paired against one that was lvl200, lvl100+lvl100 prestige 1 or something? same system that COD has.

I play Overwatch also a TON, but i this guy probably plays the whole freaking day without leaving his PC, the dedication these blizzard fanboys have is unhealthy lol.

8. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
  9. Deragot

Deragot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac
  10. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC

11. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Bastion is my most loathed character. People who play as Bastion and turret mode on top of the payload should be knee capped. I know I need to git gud (tm) but it infuriates me at times. I suppose once I learn the deeper game mechanics, I may tolerate him more.

:(

12. Deragot

Deragot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac
    15 hours on DPS and 0 mins on support? I hope you play in a premade group :) other than that - great K/D

13. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Haha.
    I hope you're not the last person to join/load in and you pick the same hero regardless of current player composition :)

14. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC

15. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz

16. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Well after 50 hours it has become apparent Widowmaker and McCree need to see the nerf bat, especially McCree who is borderline broken he's so OP, and I say that as someone who loves the hero but he's just too strong. Widowmaker needs her charge time increased and damage build up slowed then she'll be fine. D.Va is in desperate need of a buff, I don't see why you'd ever pick her over the other tanks unless you're really into anime and rule34.

My biggest annoyance with the game is the hit reg, tick rate and general server quality, being hooked through buildings, dying as you hit Rewind, dying around corners etc all happen constantly and it lowers the skill ceiling of the game, whoever thought 20 tick was acceptable for a competitive shooter needs to be throat punched. The game overall is super fun but every time I die when I shouldn't have I lose a little bit of interest.

17. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Yeah I jumped into playing as D.Va and quickly wondered if I was doing any damage at all. I felt the same way for the Soldier until I realized I was just sucking, quickly found my stride with him.

I have yet to play all characters. All I know is that Hanzo was not for me, not yet anyway.

18. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    D.Va has some good applications. She's good at getting up in the face of snipers and wrecking them and also shielding for a team push. Her ult is great for clearing a point too. She's great against characters like tracer and soldier because of her armor (it mitigates 5 damage to her health per hit so not so great against high damage attacks.)

Hanzo is definitely not for me either. I'm so bad at hitting people with his arrows that it's usually an accident when it does happen.

19. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    The devs have confirmed D.Va is getting buffed, she's pretty awful right now.

20. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    D.Va is my main ride. I don't care for rule34 or anime, either.
    I clean up with her as it is, I can't fathom what it would be like to get a buff for that character.