Overwatch and Nvidia inspector (flags for ao?!)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by snkykun, Jul 23, 2019.

1. snkykun

snkykun Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    The interactions Overwatch has with Nvidia inspector are quite good in most cases. I have tested the use of Anti aliasing and texture filtering as well as Nvidias quality upscale with beautiful results.

My only problem is that I cannot find any working flags for the ambient occlusion setting. I've tried using Blizzard's older games (Starcraft II, Diablo III) as some of Overwatch's code was taken from those games. Are there any other working ways to force ao inside of overwatch?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [

FULL IMGUR LINK: https://imgur.com/a/nKabfkK

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hey mate, looks like pretty good results in terms of reflections and lighting! I'm curious to what settings you used IG and in Inspector.
    Sorry but I can't help you since I only set the game up via the game's options, didn't tinker with anything Inspector related in a long time.

3. snkykun

snkykun Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    If you click the full imgur link it tells what settings i used. But basically i just cranked up the anti aliasing after some fps testing and then put a negative LOD bias for the texture filtering which created some nicer reflections.

fantaskarsef likes this.