Overrated Games

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by gamefreak136, Sep 17, 2006.

1. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    LMAO, you really are pathetic aren't you? PGR is an arcade game with arcade physics. It's obvious you have no patience or indeed skill, therefore GTR2 would definately frustrate you, which is why it bores you so quickly.
    And "no good music", hmm yeah a game perfectly depicting GT racing should of course have tunes blaring out while you drive, lol. Why you bothered buying it in the first place is beyond me. You simply fail to understand what GTR2 is all about.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    HL2 is the most overrated game I've seen. Graphics for it aren't great IMO. From far away, it looks good, you get close the colors look dull. HL2 has been out for I think 2-3 years, maybe 4, and everyone is saying what such a great game it is, when I find it REALLY boring. What I've heard about HL2, is

Best graphics ever-HAHAHA! Look at Prey, or Perfect Dark Zero
    Gameplay is better than any other game-Shoot slow enemies, break things, throw things at walls, get hit by sticks, only some enemies that are a challenge. Nothing great about it.

Good AI-Decent. Nothing extordinary.

Redefines FPS- No.Just no. There has not been an FPS that has changed the way of all FPS games(As much as I dislike saying it) since Halo_Or even Quake 3. HL2 is only good for its story.

Halo-Xbox fanboys. Enough said.XD

Metroid Prime(I agree with this one fully)-I like it, but WAY to much back tracking.

3. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hmm, you are of course entitled to your opinion but I find your comments plain stupid. HL2 is two years old now and still looks great. When it was released I hadn't played a better looking game at that time. The visuals were more "real life" compared to say Doom3 or it's offspring, which is why they look "dull". The physics involved just in the gravity gun were amazing. Excellent plot and characters and great soundtrack. I don't think it's the best game ever made, what is? Although I don't think you can truly say HL2 didn't deserve it's high accolades......can you?

4. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    and now, millions of DOTA fanbois are sending their heroes to your place to kill you...:bigsmile:

seriously, im amazed by the huge following of DOTA here in the Philippines, though i havent tried the game yet, gamers are addicted to the game as much as, if not more than, counterstrike

5. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    i'll pawn their heroes by using a virus. There's no way they can beat that.

The stupid game was included in the Asian WCG this year... WHY?! You know what's funny? Even though they claim the game is so "fast-paced and intense", the moment i invited them to play FEAR: combat, they all quit because they got a headache...

I remember one stupid lie about DOTA, that it was like an MMORPG, where they take a bunch of custom maps and join it together to become one big world...

6. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    thus the game is the most overrated game..lols

so where are you from?

7. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    malaysia... home of the gaming community that are full of gamers who think they're so cool for playing CS 1.6 and DOTA

8. j_blaze

j_blaze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900gt KO 512mb@700/800 SLI
    This is so true, I'm still fighting myself to play it but it is so :sleep: boaring! Dark room, flashlight .... oh no, monster! Click over to gmachine gun, SHOOT...ok he's gone, back to flashlight.......Ah, big monster! Click over to machine gun, SHOOT ... ok he's gone back to flashlight ...oh no, monster! Click over to machine gun, SHOOT...ok he's gone back to flashlight.......Ah, big monster! Click over to machine gun, SHOOT ... ok he's gone back to flashlight... Over and over, I must have had this game about 6 months and I'm still at like level 3 or something, graphics are pretty cool though on that stuff thats growing on the walls. I thought it was something wrong with me....phew.

I hope this does not happen to Crysis...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  9. Drizzt

Drizzt Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7800GT @ Stock OC
    I know what game this topic is missing. RO (Ragnarok Online).

10. avbr555777

avbr555777 Member Guru

GPU:
    128 Mb Inno3d GeForce 6600GT (AGP)
    I'd say F.E.A.R and to some extent Doom 3

11. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    oh yea... i remember the dumb RO craze. There wasn't really much to the game, save for the so-called "cuteness". RO2 is just around the corner, and with the character designs looking so "loli", i bet a lot of players will probably be lolicons/pedophiles.

12. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    HL2 overrated? I think not. It brought heaps to the table when it came out. As far as I am concerned it was the best looking game of its time and is the base for games such as CSS that will long outlast any multiplayer fps based of things like Fear and Doom3. It had a very very big shoes to fill left by its older brother and I think it did a good job. The Source Engine is still one of the best engines if not the best for FPS out at the moment. It is so flexible and does well in so many areas instead of trying to excel at one particular thing.

Halflife 1 defined FPS genre as it stands today. It was the first FPS in my opinion that made you actually feel like you were there instead of feel like you were controlling someone else who was there. Yet even it was heavily influenced by the likes of the first FPSs that had 2d sprites in 3d environments.

IMHO the most overrated games would probably be NFSU and NFSU2. They destroyed what used to be the best racing franchise that treaded just the right line between arcade and realistic feel. After that we were encouraged to add subwoofers and neons to our cars... [sarcasm] because that is what racing is about [/sarcasm].

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti

I like the story of it, but I don't like the dull look in games. I understand that their trying to give a good look to it, but in graphics I like specular the most. The best game to me still will always be Super Mario World.(HAHA!) I think HL2 still does deserve credit, but not as much as it gets.

As for the D3 comment on being so hyped, but not what was expected, I agree. I think it's good and all, but I think it could have been better. Same with Quake 4. Still a good game, but could have been better.

14. Thug

Thug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    GRAW, overated?
    Maybe, but it is still my favourite game to date. It is very immersive and not as linear as some games out there. It is a thinking mans game, and not one for the kids that just wanna run around bunny hopping and shooting things.
    On a top spec system (not mine BTW), it should look fantastic. The whole playing world (almost) is part of the game and reactive, shoot a tyre and it punctures making the car dip, shoot a light and it goes out making the area around you darker, shoot a plant pot and it shatters.
    The only thing it lacks for me is a lone wolf mission.
    Maybe it didnt look at all like the videos, but NO game ever has.

I think the most overated (or should that be dissapointing) game is BF2. Its a fantastic game, but is sooo buggy, and takes an eternity to log on and start playing.

MATT

15. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Vega56 8GB
    But this is what a nowadays gamer (13 - 18 ys old) would say about HL1: "It sucks because the gfx sucks"

Get the point? Almost every new game (mostly FPS games lately) is a showcase without content (perhaps a little). Every developer is so full into bringing the best gfx with a new game.

I can remember quite a few killer games from the 90's, mostly of them underated, just because the gfx aren't enough for this spoiled "nextgen generation"

- Ultima series, including Ultima Underworld 1 & 2.
    - The Elder Scrolls series, excluding TES4, because IMO it is dumbed down.
    - Day of the tentacle
    - Sam & Max hit the road
    - Quake 1
    - Shadow Warrior
    - Worms 1
    - The Settlers 1 & 2
    - WarCraft 1 & 2
    - Syndicare (Wars)
    - Flashback & Fade to black
    - Magic Carpet 1 & 2
    - Theme Park
    - Final Fantasy 1 - 7 (FF4 and 6 were the best)

Those games rocked. Gfx weren't very important until the introduction of "gfx accelerators" like Diamond's Monster 3D (Voodoo 1, the rise of 3Dfx).
    Everyone was like "Wow! The pixels are gone!" :rolleyes:

16. Verga_del_Brujo

Verga_del_Brujo Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4670 512mb
    Company of Heroes. Typical rts in a different environment: build a base, take the resources, gather the gang that suits you better, go for more resources, buy some improvements, finish the mission.

17. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    ohhh , COH had a big fanbase here

its the best RTS i have ever played (just a little better than DOW) , but i repsect your opinion

did i hear anyone say Oblivion

18. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    1. Söldner, POS game
    2. Doom 3
    3. COH, crap rts. Faces of war is much better
    4. HL2, somehow I really didn't like it.

Oblivion is very close to my heart. With all new mods and support from community it is almost a new game with every mod. Love finding quests.

19. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    PGR and GT 4 is way better then GTR from what people said in Best Buy. no one in best buy where i work want to buy GTR 2. we have 2 box full of GTR 2. i ask someone and they said GTR 2 just suck. GT 4 and PGR games have more feel in cars and gameplay then GTR 2.

20. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thats because they are arcade games and not true to life. Fair enough though if thats what you like I won't stop you. You have to remember GTR2 and indeed GTR and GTL are simulators where the fun comes from hours of practising and eventually mastering cars/tracks.