1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overlay RTSS not working

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by fab, Aug 20, 2019.

1. fab

fab New Member

GPU:
    gtx 980 msi
    Hello, i'm having a problem with RTSS 7.2.2 only (previous version have issue too).
    I can't make the overlay work at all even with different application detection level, stealth mode and display rendering mode. I formated my computer, reseted my BIOS and used "reset cache" in the software options too but still, "enable frametime history overlay" doesn't show up in any game while i can lock my fps with the software.

W10 PRO updated

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Frametime history overlay is only available for those who use RTSS as standalone framerate monitoring solution. It is hidden by design when you enable framerate or frametime monitoring in OSD in MSI AB and it is explicitly documented in RTSS release notes.

3. fab

fab New Member

GPU:
    gtx 980 msi
    Hello, i'm using only RTSS and i don't have MSI AB installed.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Update DX and configure RTSS to show own overlay or wait for someone else besides me to guide you in this process.

5. fab

fab New Member

GPU:
    gtx 980 msi
    I checked and i do have the lastest DX version available. Because i'm not an expert in RTSS in anyway, i will wait and update this post over time to get an answere. Thanks you

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    what visual C versions are listed as installed

DirectX must be reinstalled with the full package, not the web package following a windows Refresh, the web installer will break.