Overlay Editor Possibilities

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by yoyoseby_97, May 21, 2020.

1. yoyoseby_97

yoyoseby_97 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    So I'm using a dual monitor setup and my goal is to have the second monitor display stats while the primary has the game on without any stat overlayed. If I want to have overlay editor open on the secondary display it all goes well if I turn off detection for rtss but, the fps counter doesn't work for the game that is currently playing, it counts the fps of the overlay editor itself....so I figured, isn't there any way to create profiles, for example to edit an overlay with just the fps counter and have it overlayed over games while having the main stat displayer on without overlaying anything? Or, is there any option to hide certain layouts, because that would make everything much easier, I could just hide all layouts except the fps counter, of course them being visible in the editor...I hope I've made myself clear. Thanks in advance.

Ps: also is there any way to set a hotkey or a desktop shortcut to launch the overlay editor directly, without having to open rtss and going to setup etc etc?

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    So you would like to have application/profile specific OSD layout? Don't know if that would be possible.
    But you could build your own 3D App taking the RTSS SDK samples as basis. getting the values from shared memory and displaying them on your own. Totally independent from which OSD Layout you have active. So you could have just the FPS counter in OSD and every other stat you'd like you can get by shared memory and display it in your own app.
    Or use hwinfo to display the stats on your second monitor.

You could use AutoIt or AutoHotkey to do the task...

3. yoyoseby_97

yoyoseby_97 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I'm not capable of creating my own App, unfortunately

4. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC

5. yoyoseby_97

yoyoseby_97 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Ok so actually the best way seems to be by using rainmeter, which can be hard for some, but this way you can display what you want however you want, and still have a different OSD for games for FPS for example

Andy_K likes this.