OverdriveNTool - tool for AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tede, Aug 6, 2017.

1. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Values should retain through reebot, no need to apply them everytime.
    But if you want, easiest way to add to windows autostart is to use registry:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "OverdriveNTool"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\OverdriveNTool\\OverdriveNTool.exe\" -p0\"1\""
    Replace C:\\Program Files (x86)\\OverdriveNTool to directory where you have OverdriveNTool.exe, save this to autostart.reg file, then run this file once.
    Remember to use only ASCII letters and numbers for profile name that you want to use in commandline, and use \ before each \ and " characters, so
    "OverdriveNTool"=""C:\Program Files (x86)\OverdriveNTool\OverdriveNTool.exe" -p0"profile name""
    should be replaced to
    "OverdriveNTool"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\OverdriveNTool\\OverdriveNTool.exe\" -p0\"profile name\""

masteratarms likes this.
  2. Ch0sen0ne

Ch0sen0ne Guest

GPU:
    RX470 8GB
    i've been having issues the last week getting overdriveNtool to run on startup.
    This is the .bat file that used to work until now:
    OverdriveNTool.exe" -p1"hynix" -p2"hynix" -p3"hynix" -p4"hynix" -p5"hynix" -p6"hynix"

and this the saved config file:

[general]
    MainWindowLeft=254
    MainWindowTop=158

[Profile_0]
    Name=hynix
    GPU_P0=300;800;0
    GPU_P1=466;818;0
    GPU_P2=766;824;0
    GPU_P3=1039;831;0
    GPU_P4=1095;875;0
    GPU_P5=1148;918;0
    GPU_P6=1192;962;0
    GPU_P7=1130;850
    Mem_P0=300;800;0
    Mem_P1=2050;800
    Fan_Min=750
    Fan_Max=3000
    Fan_Target=60
    Fan_Acoustic=700
    Power_Temp=80
    Power_Target=0

I've also tried changing .bat to:
    start /d "C:\MINING\OverdriveNTool.exe" -p1"hynix" -p2"hynix" -p3"hynix" -p4"hynix" -p5"hynix" -p6"hynix"
    exit

but still no luck. :-(

Any ideas?

3. staman

staman Guest

GPU:
    rx580
    Maybe this will help somebody:
    In the OverDriveNTool directory I've created a .bat file named OverDrive.bat with these values:

OverdriveNTool.exe -r0 -r1 -r2 -r3 -r4 -r5 -r6 -r7
    OverdriveNTool.exe -p0"Mid" -p1"Low" -p2"Mid" -p3"Hi" -p4"Hi" -p5"Mid" -p6"Hi" -p7"Hi"

(yes, I'm running 8 cards in my rig and using 3 profiles based on how the single card performs. Profiles are named Hi, Mid, Low - case sensitive)

Easiest way on Windows 10 is place the .bat shortcut to the Windows startup directory.
    To do that press WINKEY+r and type shell:startup

Place the shortcut of you profile .bat file over there and you're good to go!

I'm having there shortcut to claymore start.bat too.. this way, after every claymore failure my rig is being restarted with fresh windows!
    http://prntscr.com/gpyi2q

Just to be sure that everybody follows :)
    To restart Claymore when the GPU fail you have to add -r 1 to the claymore startup command + create a file named reboot.bat within Claymore directory
    This should be the reboot.bat content:
    shutdown -r -t 1 -f

tede likes this.
  4. paolo69

paolo69 Guest

GPU:
    rx 470/4g
    How can i disable the Pstate except P7 ?

5. paolo69

paolo69 Guest

GPU:
    rx 470/4g
    ok, now i've disabled the p state and working fine, but i think..... in the bat file the best way is set also the -r options and after -p or only the -p ?

6. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Hi paolo69
    Use -r and then -p if you have voltage bug, or only -p if not.

7. SnOOpY SnOOpeRa

SnOOpY SnOOpeRa Guest

GPU:
    RX 470
    Any news for NCP81022 ? , I see you added support for uP9505P in recent updates. I have XFX rx 470 4gb elpida with this I2C and saw this reading through the previous posts.

8. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Unfortunatelly i wasn't lucky with this VRM. It's not even visible in I2C ADL function (confirmed by two people tested so far) I've send you test build on PM, but there is little chance that it would work for you.

PS.
    Here is 0.2.1 beta1. I've added simple SoftPowerPlayTable Editor for editing some default values, mainly because of Vega users, who aren't able to change GPU P0-P5 in OverdriveNTool.
    Only Fiji, Polaris and Vega GPUs are supported. To access it use mouse right click menu.

Like in bios editors voltage values like 65282, 65283, 65288 etc. are not real mV values. Change them to real mV (not guarantee to work) or leave them as they are.
    To avoid later problems like less available PStates than normally, do not put the same clock speeds in neighbour PStates.

Changes are made after GPU restart, this can be done using one of these 3 methods:
    - Restart Windows, or
    - Open Device manager, than disable and enable your graphic card there (howto), or
    - Use restart.exe or restart64.exe form CRU

If something goes wrong and GPU doesn't display anything: start windows in safe mode and delete PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable value in Registry Editor.
    Location of this value is displayed in OverdriveNTool, for single video card it's usually:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000\

Thx @gupsterg and @hellm for providing vega table info.

OnnA likes this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    @tede Many things can be done in Soft Power Play Table
    Someday is will be enough to edit this instead of Flashing BIOS ! :rolleyes:

10. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    My editor is rather simple, only default clocks/voltages and max clocks/power, i think it's enough.
    Here is 0.2.1 beta2, i've added saving/exporting to .reg file only.

OnnA likes this.

11. radman07

radman07 Guest

GPU:
    RX470
    I feel silly for asking this....do you have a writeup on how to use your software? I have been messing wtih mining for a few weeks and my next task is to lower the voltages in my RX470 cards in my rig. It would be cool to see an example of a .bat file for several cards in a rig. I think I see the general idea but I don't want to mess with something I really don't understand.

Thanks for your help in advance.....

Nick McDonald likes this.
  12. xXZeroXx

xXZeroXx Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 56
    Hi there. I have a problem. If I use this program and apply any change, my vega 56 heavy load leds switch on even if doing nothing, so there are 5 leds on instead of 1. If I click to reset and apply, nothing changes, leds remain all on. I have to use Wattman to restore the default settings and it instantly goes again on 1 led (strange think is that if, after applying with your tool, I click to restore radeon settings, it goes 1 led for near to one minute and then goes back to 5 leds. I really can only use wattman to make it stay at 1 led.).
    Edit: Even on wattman it is happening that if I modify a parameter it goes to 5 leds on, and if I put that value back leds still remain on. The difference is that if I click restore on this program, as I said, leds stabilize again to 1. Can you help please?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  13. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
  14. MrJeff01

MrJeff01 Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX 580 8GB
    For the life of me, I can't get this to work.. I have 6 XFX RX 580 8GB cards and so far I have not been able to undervolt them with anything other than Sapphire Trixx 6.4

Here is my most recent test... (Note GPU 0 is built in Intel)

cd %~dp0
    OverdriveNTool.exe -r1 -r2 -r3 -r4 -r5 -r6
    OverdriveNTool.exe -p1Undervolt -p2Undervolt -p3Undervolt -p4Undervolt -p5Undervolt -p6Undervolt

Sorry can't get inline image to work..
    https://imagebin.ca/v/3e92wnax54mb

Running the batch file or applying this seems to do nothing other than disable the P-States other than the top one, which is sort of ok, but it doesn't change the voltage. GPU-Z still shows about 1V on all cards when under load.

Running this after Trixx is set either doesn't change anything or goes back to 1V.

I'm not sure how to find out what VRM is on the cards though to see if it is supported by the tool?

Thanks,

-Jeff

15. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Hi MrJeff01
    Set Memory P1 to 900mV. Highest value from GPU P7 and Memory P2 is taken as VDDC.
    Use aida64 (Left down corner->Video Debug->ATI SMBus Dump) VRM name should be in the log under ------[ Chips Found ]------

16. MrJeff01

MrJeff01 Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX 580 8GB
    I did a trial of aida64 Extreme but can't find the ATI SMBus Dump option.

For the voltage, I thought they were each set separately? Did you mean to say Memory P2 above?

Either way, I just tried it. Have it set to 814 for GPU and Memory and getting the same undervolt settings I was getting with Trixx, but without needing Trixx!

If thats all it was, I have literally been fighting with this for almost 2 months trying to get it right and never thought to just set them the same.. Likely I could have set them the same in the BIOS too and had similar results now that i see this working.

THANK YOU!!!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  17. bvbdragon

bvbdragon Guest

GPU:
    does this need an update for the win10 fall creator driver? undervolt doesnt apply for me anymore

18. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    There is a problem because i use windows 7 and cannot check this driver.

19. Mark Boys

Mark Boys Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 8GB
    with an existing SoftpowerPlayTable in place and working it says not found when going to the table editor. win10
    https://imgur.com/a/ykCX2

20. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Mark Boys run OverdriveNTool as administrator.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017