Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tede, Aug 6, 2017.
-> Ask @tede
Thanks for the info. I have two systems with W7 Pro using 20.9.1 for an 8GB RX580 and this version reports "This GPU is not supported." Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Just installed the most recent 20.9.2 for Windows 7 and the same result. I also tried 18.12.2, the first for ONT 0.2.8, as well as 126.96.36.199, the last for ONT 0.2.7, without success.
Anyone know what the final supported W7 driver version which is supported by ONT?
plz PLZ plz add memory voltage control into ONT for rx 5000 & rx 6000
^^ Don't worry about that
IMhO They will.
is there a command to apply clock to all p states? When i type
-ac0 GPU_P#=1140;860 Mem_P#=2000;890 -ac1 GPU_P#=1140;860 Mem_P#=2000;890 ...
setting are applied for last p state but if clock match to some other state than voltage wont be applied, it will take voltage for that gpu state.
Here's an odd scenario. Running 10 Pro and when I create a .bat file to run devcon and ONT prior to Phoenix Miner, ONT will halt when set to run at startup where Task Manager will show user SYSTEM and unless I end the process, the script is halted from moving forward. Now if I run the .bat file manually as administrator then it works just fine.
I have tried to REM out each line except for ONT which only has two 580 GPUs and I have tried just one or the other GPU with the same result.
Same result whether set as a Group Policy Script Startup or via shell:startup.
On a different system this works just fine so not sure what got changed on this system? It appears a possible Local System Account conflict but not sure what.
Been using overdriveNtool for a while now. Last night I wrote a bad PPtable and upon reboot my PC crashes when loading the table. I can get into safemode fine and have attempted to delete/rewrite the regedit I did to no avail. Tried uninstalling AMD drivers as well but that still isn't fixing it. I can hear the fanspeed change shortly after bootup and then it crashes on me. What do I have to delete to get the GPU to boot into a stock setup?
Just re-install driver or delete PP_Table in Registry.
I've been using radeons own software and done the GPU tuning from it (the one called "Wattman" before (think they changed name on it recently)), now I wanna go over to this software to handle my overclocks, fan speed and voltages. I'm only doing gaming (not mining).
I have some questions:
1. What do I do with the radeon software? I saw some youtube guide saying I need to uninstall it completely? I mean, I need all the other settings still, except the "Tuning" tab. So I can adjust display settings (brightness, saturation etc) and the settings in the "Gaming" tab of course.
Should I uninstall everything with DDU, reinstall to latest drivers (whole "Radeon Software 20.11.1") - but never open the Performance> Tuning -tab? (It always ask for confirmation, need to accept to get access to the tuning tab, when reinstalling drivers.) Then just replace the "Tuning" tab with using OverdriveNTool?
I mean what's the "guide" with starting to using the software.
2. With this software, to apply my OC, fan curve, voltages, I will need to open up OverdriveNTool every computer boot, load a saved profile, click apply. Then I can exit out of the program and the profile is active until I restart computer? So every time I'm gonna do gaming I need to do this? I can skip it (and everything will be on default) if I just gonna idle in windows (non gaming)?
3. In the radeon software, my highest voltage for core clock ("State 7 (Max)") is 1150 mV. Main reason I wanna swap software, to increase voltage for higher core clock OC. Can I go past this with OverdriveNTool? Got an Aorus Radeon RX 570 4 GB, standard bios. Is there a cap to increase maximum voltage? VDDC? Since putting 1500 mv core voltage will kill my card? Maybe I need to do custom bios to unlock above 1150 mv.
4. I can use custom (manual) fan curve with "Zero RPM" on? That doesn't work with radeons software (it worked before by editing some text file).
Umm. I can answer question 2-3-4 myself, if I get help with first question.
1. Did like I wrote. Worked good.
2. The profile is there after reboot. Perfect.
3. I was able to bypass 1150 mv limit. Went to 1240 mv as max but card got too hot. Staying around 1175 mv.
Thanks for amazing software! Way better than radeons built in tuning tab.
Update to Post 607:
The system is W10 v2004 and has two 8GB 580s. Have tried 19.12.2 and currently 20.4.2. GPU1 will set if just -r1 via bat file but GPU0 hangs the system when the bat is manually run with just -r0. Tried with/without admin.
However if I manually run with admin rights via powershell command runAs then both set correctly.
The original issue is that I would set a bat file to startup via gpedit but it would hang and not execute whether a simple bat or admin rights via the powershell runAs command.
This setup has worked on another couple of boxes that I have without issue and I have completely reinstalled this one. GPUs are both set to compute and they both hash fine. I'm running out of ideas outside of just manually running it. Thoughts?
doesn't work with 6800 series cards and 20.11.2 drivers.
Why are coolers and offset for RX 580 unavailable ?
(ONT 0.3.0beta1 R.B.R.T edition V2.2.5)
@tede on page 11 of this thread you were able to help user @DeadStaar make a Radeon Pro Duo (Polaris) work with ODTool, but the fix was communicated over PM. Any way you could help me out with trying to get my card overclockable with this tool? Happened upon this thread by chance while doing google searches on this problem. Thanks!
Good night everybody! Please help me compose a batch file for overdriventool 0.2.8, which will automatically apply timings for 9 x 488 cards before launching the claymore. Claymore timings do not work with new drivers (20.9.2). Thanks!
I can't apply P2 and memory overclock to my 5700 and 5700 XT cards. The driver is 20.2.2, overdriventool 0.2.9.
When I press apply it immediately returns to default value.
I am new to mining and have a question. MSI Afterburner shows my two RX 580s have Core Clock 1366 and Mem Clock 2250 and they are show 9.3 Mh/s each. What do I need to do to increase this as much as possible? I am running EthDcrMiner64 -epool
Hi! OverdriveNTool 0.2.9 can`t manage core voltage with drivers later than 20.5.1 ((
can you do voltage offset for vega's on win 10?