OverdriveNTool - tool for AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tede, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Draka Joko

Draka Joko Member

GPU:
    radeon 570
    Is fan target temp working? It is very important since I am mining with my cards.

2. Poisson

Poisson Member

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    It seems that with the 19.7.2 drivers the voltage offset has stopped working in OverdriveNTool, at least for my 590 with the NCP81022 controlles. It's working for AB and Trixx. Do you see the same?.

Edited:
    Maybe you could try to add SMC support for the voltage control, like Unwinder suggest here
    It's working like that for my 590.

Edited:

Maybe this is usefull, it seems that for the SMC voltage offset:

/wr294,[OFFSET] /wr258,195

294 is mmSMC_MSG_ARG_1 = 0xa5 *4

258 is mmSMC_MESSAGE_1 = 0x96 *4

VRM Tool is using this in smu_7_1_3.py file, also you can see these values here: https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/include/asic_reg/smu/smu_7_1_3_d.h

I also see now that with:

/wr258,26B you can Disable Avfs voltages as 0x26B is PPSMC_MSG_DisableAvfs, so gpu uses manual voltages.

/wr258,26A you can Enable Avfs as 0x26A is PPSMC_MSG_EnableAvfs, so gpu uses auto voltages.

All of this seems independet of the gpu or voltage regulator, it seems this is working at least on fiji and polaris.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Jackalito likes this.
  3. Draka Joko

Draka Joko Member

GPU:
    radeon 570
    Using 19.7.4. Setting voltage works with amd 570

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    19.7.3 -> Working Fine for Vega LC

5. Poisson

Poisson Member

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    It's working again with 19.8.1 drivers.

Edited: I see also the fans bug with this 19.8.1 driver with ONT 0.2.8 and 0.2.8 beta11, it is only working ok with 19.5.1 drivers. Fans are spinning only up to around 1200rpm for my 590, the only way I see to solve the problem is to disable fan are with ctrl and two clicks on it.
    It seems that wattman is having the same problem if you use manual speed/temp and then you turn back to auto, to solve it you have to restart windows.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Jackalito likes this.
  6. cts

cts New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire VII
    I've been using 11 Red Dragon Vega 56 cards and have had a science down in mining Monero. I have W10 1903, SRBMiner, Drivers 19.6.1, ODNT 0.2.8, and Awesome Miner to remote manage. I undervolt @ -50 for maximum hashes per watt where the VII is far more efficient with an additional 700h/s over a Vega 56 with very little additional wattage at the wall but the fan noise is annoying.

I recently got a deal on a Sapphire VII but I seem to have run into a conundrum. ODNT does not control the fan curve of the VII and so I DDU and upgraded to 19.9.2 / 19.10.1 and here ODNT does not control the power target below -20 and the P0 fan curve below 25 degrees and in fact all drivers 19.6.2 and newer have the same issue.

Is there a fix for the VII fan curve / power target?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    19.9.2, 19.9.3, 19.10.1, 19.10.2
    Working Fine :p

8. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    Any chance of seeing Navi support implemented in a future version?

9. cts

cts New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire VII
    Unfortunately not here and a lot of research shows up the only way it "works" is by disabling the manual fan curve. I'd prefer to control the settings so if you have that working manually then please share the versions and I'll re-attempt. Thanks.

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    OverdriveN Tool 0.2.8 Beta 11 is out:

Here is 0.2.8 beta11 with Vega 2 support.
    Note to Radeon VII users:
    To avoid GPU values revert back on apply GPU minimum should be equal or lower than GPU P1 MHz and GPU Maximum should be equal or higher than GPU P3 MHz.

Im using 0.2.8

The_Amazing_X and Jackalito like this.

11. newls1

newls1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan XP (2017)
    im very confused on how to use this program. Im wanting to use the lastest drivers on my RVII as ive been stuck on 19.7.5 cause thats the last driver that wattman still worked for this card. How do I set this program to achieve my same stable OC of 2025mhz core, 1150mem, and 77% power increase? And Since im asking questions, do I still install the powerplaytable 77% increase mod to the regisrty using this program?? Thanks for any help

12. MaynardVII

MaynardVII New Member

GPU:
    1070 8GB
    I see the codebase uses the latest Overdrive8.

Does Overdrive8 support navi gpus, or is AMD taking their time to produce their API methods again?

Jackalito likes this.