1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OverdriveNTool - tool for AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tede, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Chung

Chung New Member

GPU:
    ROG-STRIX-RXVEGA56-
    is Adrenaline 18.10.1 supported? I can't seem to apply the settings; it just returns to default settings when I press Apply.

2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Working here just fine with 18.10.1 abd 18.10.2

3. MaxMidnite

MaxMidnite Member

GPU:
    ATI RX580
    Its very sad as author seems to not logged into the forums, I wish for development to continue.. updates for the latest drivers and cards:-(

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    what.....
    I been trying for two days trying to find out how flash my card with higher idle clocks and just now figured I try this approach instead and it actually works

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    OnnA likes this.

5. Draka Joko

Draka Joko Member

GPU:
    radeon 570
    My gpu is 48C and fan is 0% (I have set target temp 50C).

But I also have set minimum rpm. Is the fan completely shut off when my mining program shows that the fan is 0%? Or is it 0% compared to what minimum fan speed is. That it is actualle 500rpm (0%) and max is 2400rpm (100%) ?

6. xXZeroXx

xXZeroXx New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 56
    The Max fan RPM, Target temp and Max temp don't work with the latest drivers. They are reverted to default when hitting apply.

7. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    This is because they aren't used by latest driver. AMD has introduced new curve based fan controlling (finally).
    I'm going to update to this driver but first I need to get documentation for new API or at least guess how to use it. Let me know if someone knows how to use these:
    ADL2_OverdriveN_SettingsExt_Get
    ADL2_OverdriveN_SettingsExt_Set

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    ^^ best is to use Manual fan curve & OC as usuall by OverdriveN Tool (fastest method)
    @tede please make new on this 2.7 Beta4 w/ PP-States

9. Mitch2Pain

Mitch2Pain New Member

GPU:
    Vega56
    Yes and it's a real problem: MaxTemp 84°c was really good, now it's 75°C max. So the fan is at max speed at 75°c instead of 84°C, my Vega56 with blower is very noisy now.
    Even worst: the new drivers 18.12.2 come with a ventilation curve with only 5 states. The result is a fan that change speed by big steps and it's very annoying: typically it makes mid speed 10 seconds, high speed 10 seconds, mid speed 10 seconds ...

I hope you'll find a solution. Thanks for your work.

10. Strijker

Strijker Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Had very slow alt-tabbing with these drivers and my monitor didn't get a signal when starting games and enabling FreeSync.
    So I'm back to the older driver (which wasn't that easy as well).

11. luissiul

luissiul New Member

GPU:
    RX 580 / 8GB
    Release 12.18.3 DOES NOT WORK - Target Temp, Max Temp, and Min-Max RPM in OverdriveNTool ... ((

12. Rholk

Rholk New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870X2
    @OnnA : Adrinalin driver seems to have destroyed a bit my performance.

On vega 64 lc with fan replaced by 2 varder evo er (max speed is~2200rpm) in push pull,
    Using overdriventool, with p6:1730;1100 and p7 1770;1180 with hbm fixed at 1100;905 with my temp target at 70 + 1700rpm max.

On superposition i was fluctuating beetween 1660 ~ 1700Mhz and could reach 7100 points. (a bit more with fan at full speed, around 7200 points)

With this upgrade and trying to have the same parameter in wattman, my frequencies goes down to 1550Mhz and my score top at 6700 pts.

My hot spot was all time kind of hot (~100 - 108degrees) and i could never put paste to reduce it. (thermal diode/hbm never reach 54 degrees. liquid 46, vddc /mvdd: 68/64)

Even forcing fans to go to full speed does not improve my frequencies as high as before (i reach 6900 pts).

Did you found the same decrease in performance / behavior?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  13. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Active Member

GPU:
    rx 480 4g
    Hi, Use the performance mode seting, as standart it might change some options that you are not aware of.

14. Rholk

Rholk New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870X2
    Which "performance mode"? I use custom setting in wattman with same settings as my old profile in overdriventool (with 100% fan speed for testing).

15. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Active Member

GPU:
    rx 480 4g
    Right click on your amdradeon small icon and theres is the 3 options performance, standart and best quality, Im not at home so I think the names wil be diferent, chose the one at the top of the list. hope that helps.

16. Rholk

Rholk New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870X2
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    ^^ Yup, overheat is only explanation i can tell.
    Try to Test some more, Leave OC Tool Fan settings as it is (It will revert to 400/1500) Save.
    Then use WattMan Auto or Manual Fan curve -> Test.

Note:
    Check HBM2 OC (if it fluctuate follow my new Guide in Vega Thread)

18. Rholk

Rholk New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870X2
    I tried even default oc setting, 50% power and fan at full power.
    Same problem... Time for a little re-screwing of the card. (moved it from horizontal to vertical a couple of days ago. Possibly a screw moved at this moment.

19. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Here is 0.2.8 beta1. There is no official AMD ADL SDK update (last one is from 2016) so I've had to guess how to use new api. Use it on your own risk! Added: Fan Curve values, Fan Zero RPM, Memory Timing Level, removed: Fan Target Temp, Fan Maximum, Fan Minimum, Power Max Temp. Requires driver 18.12.2 or newer
    Unfortunatelly there are only 5 states, I couldn't find if it's possible to have more. Whole "Fan Curve" feature doesn't work like fan curve but like switching between points, which is very dissapointing. Here is an example:

[​IMG]

I hope AMD will fix this in next drivers

Komachi, jimpsar, mtrai and 1 other person like this.
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    ^^ THX
    ^^ Dzięki