1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OverdriveNTool - tool for AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tede, Aug 6, 2017.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Hmm, my Vega shows 1750MHz 1.250v as Default :eek: lol That V
    So we need to UV this Bad Boy :p

Edit- UPD.

Yup Jonas
    -> HBM_2 v Readings in HWinfo = 1.356v (But iMO it's HBM/HBCC controler, the actual HBM_2 voltage is regulated in house with Wattman or OverdriveN Tool)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Memory voltage is hard set to 1.250mv for the Vega 56 and 1.350mv for the Vega 64, depending on memory type the timings and characteristics might differ a bit though most Vega 56's do seem to ship with Hynix now though Samsung is still used though it's prioritized for the Vega 64 model.

For Wattman it's either a lower power memory state or it's the floor voltage and possibly related to other voltage states but setting this to e.g 1.0 seems to force it so the GPU never goes below this value for the core voltage.
    There's some more research on the bios and certain settings found here: https://www.overclock.net/forum/67-amd-ati/1633446-preliminary-view-amd-vega-bios.html :)

And yeah undervolting the GPU can bring some really nice yields, full on liquid Vega 64 probably handles the thermals regardless but it doesn't hurt to try and find a stable lower voltage, -50 or even -100mv seems doable on many of these GPU's though exact limits will vary and some models are less capable than others. Gigabyte seems to be having issues going by recent posts on the AMD Reddit for example. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/8u60ze/buyer_beware_gigabyte_radeon_rx_vega56_gaming_oc/

Whereas say Sapphire is usually considered pretty high end although being a AMD exclusive partner they might have some preferential treatment and early access to chips and third party models for PCB designs including the initial Vega Nano variant now used on their Pulse models though other manufacturers now offer similar models for Vega 56 with Vega 64 rumored for later though we'll see. :)
    (Nano is doing alright but has less power phases at 7+1 instead of 12+1 although still capable and still very well engineered but with bits being a closer thermals become more of a factor thus why Pulse and Red Dragon have these extended coolers.)

EDIT: The reference models should be alright regardless of manufacturer of course, they're all the same technically after all.

OnnA likes this.
  3. Draka Joko

Draka Joko New Member

GPU:
    radeon 570
    Hi.
    When setting the OC clock on amd nitro+ 570 to 2250 in overdriventool it doesnt work. I can only go to 2225.
    What is causing this?

4. Draka Joko

Draka Joko New Member

GPU:
    radeon 570
    Thanks for your answer.
    But what is the function of acoustic limit? What happends when I change the values?

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    https://community.amd.com/thread/206281

Nice, in theory. Those are always good. Well hopefully it works as described.

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    I have acoustic limit set to 0Mhz in all my Profiles -> yes it is working Fine.
    Im on 0.2.7 Beta4
    I've uploaded PP States for Vega XTX into Overdriven_Tool and Fans working correct.

[​IMG]

7. mtrai

mtrai Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 480 Red Dev
    Where do you download this version?

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    mtrai likes this.
  9. mtrai