OverdriveNTool - tool for AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tede, Aug 6, 2017.

1. MaxMidnite

MaxMidnite Member

GPU:
    ATI RX580
    Any news on a update? or you stopped development?

2. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    No I didn't :) If you want you can try my latest beta 0.2.6 beta2. It has reduced unnecessary ini writes and new ini backup feature (must be enabled in Settings) It's my try to solve problems with ini corruption some users have.

MaxMidnite likes this.
  3. Andrew Tong

Andrew Tong Guest

GPU:
    Vega
    Hey! Tede. Firstly Thx for your development effort. Hmmm I was wondering if we will see any compatibility with Vega FE running adrenaline drivers?

4. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    It depends on AMD, if they blocked the api I can't do much.

5. xXZeroXx

xXZeroXx Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 56
    It does not work on rx vega 56 now. It puts the settings in the wattman customized profile but still others profile are used, not the customized one.

6. Andre29

Andre29 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Hi, so I have a problem with my .bat file not applying after crash or electricity lost. I tried to restart it and it still does not work. I have to open the .bat file myself after each crash to apply it. Is there something wrong that I did?

7. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Hi Andre29
    Make sure that your command is starting after crash. Temporarily use -c instead of -p, then make system crash and check if confirmation message from OverdriveNTool is displayed.
    If yes, try to use -r before -p or start your command with delay for example 5 seconds. If no, try to use different method of starting command for example Task Scheduler

8. mmm273

mmm273 Guest

GPU:
    980Ti
    Hi, I have laptop (lenovo Ideapad 720) with RX560. I cant OC when i hit apply it just says error, even when I dont change anything. I have latest drivers.

9. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    What error, can you upload screenshot?

10. Miljan18

Miljan18 Guest

GPU:
    RX 570
    Hi tnx for this tool works great. I had some problems with core voltage it was too high in the end i had to put core clocks at 1130 and v at 900 and if i move it up or down , core voltage goes up a lot . So only on those settings works great. Is that normal ?

Last edited: May 11, 2018

11. Leandr

Leandr Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X Gaming
    Hi :)

i have MSI R9 390X gaming 8G, but even if this card has perfect VRM, you have massive V-drop in some heavy loads like Supperposition Benchmark. This problem force me to investigate if i can modify my own MSI BIOS. But the Bios is so custume from the MSI so for me (with my skills) is not possible to insert LLC, or offset for voltage to the bios. The controller is same like for RX 580.

PLS will you try to somehow insert a LCC or voltage 6,25 mV ofsett multiplier to this Tool? or Both ? :D The Wattman have this features but he is not working now :(. VRM Tool have some compatibility issues as well.
    I suppose there will be more people like me which will appreciate such features. In my state I have quite powerful GPU, but Im not able to release its full potencial :( and Water block will arrive soon :(.

THX, Leandr

12. MaxMidnite

MaxMidnite Member

GPU:
    ATI RX580
    Hi Tede,

This is great news, I been using the beta for some time now and see little difference.
    I can say I have some strange issue while running 6 RX580 cards, the first one
    seem to no obey my GPU mV setting, once I set to 900 keeps auto revert to another value on (p7 field)
    Before this was not the case, maybe bug in beta..
    Please tell me more about your plans please..

13. rbrcpa

rbrcpa Guest

GPU:
    Vega FE 16gb
    I’m a long time user of odn & still actually use it to this day on my 56’s & 64’s.

However, I just recently purchased a Vega FE & am using the April update. It seems to have removed all ability to change any settings, whether it’s through Wattman or overdriventool.

I did apply a PPT which changed settings and bumped my hash rate to 2.3kh on heavy, but now my acoustic limit is set to 4900 which I believe is causing my fans on my FE’s to run at 94%.

I checked the PPT editor option i ln this tool to try and see which field changes fan speed & acoustic limit but those fields aren’t listed in it.

Does anybody know what values in the PPT updates those fields? Specifically acoustic limit (as I believe this is what is causing this) but also fan speeds just in case it’s not, so I can lower the max speeds.

Thanks!

14. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    @MaxMidnite It's rather driver bug because I didn't change anything for clocks in beta. Is this GPU connected to monitor? You can download 0.2.6 now if you are so hungry for new version.
    @Leandr check your pm
    @rbrcpa try this program: Vega64SoftPowerTableEditor It's for Vega64 but it does correctly read/write Fan table for Vega FE, or ask in this thread

15. Draka Joko

Draka Joko Guest

GPU:
    radeon 570
    Hi.
    Using win 10 pro, radeon 570 and amd 18.3.4 driver.

What is max fan speed on sapphire radeon 570 nitro+ 8gb?
    I am using OverdriveNTool to edit OC etc. Overdriventool is showing that max fan speed is 2150 rpm. But on Sapphire webpage the replacement fans are values higher.
    What is fan acoustic? The value is 1340 MHz.

16. MaxMidnite

MaxMidnite Member

GPU:
    ATI RX580
    Thanks Tede, always hungry for new versions :)

Huum not change in this version, even when setting mv on 900, just defaults back to 750 upon clicking apply.
    I'm using the latest Radeon drivers, maybe in next driver release I need to test again.
    Keep up the good work as I look forward to maybe new features in the future? hard to say your plans for now and if your working on other things?

17. DrathVader

DrathVader Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 Nitro 4GB
    Would it be possible to add the power effieciency control switch for RX400 series, or is it not a part of the Overdrive API?

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    0.2.6 (16.05.2018)
    -added ini file backup feature
    -added an option to hide ADL_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED errors

where i can find this?
    OverdriveNTool.ini have only my OC states i don't see any new Features lines in ini.

-added an option to hide ADL_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED errors (this is usefull to not have error when OC HBM)

19. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    @OnnA open "settings" to enable this option (right click on the title bar or left click on top-letft system icon)
    I don't see anything like that in overdrive api, what is this?
    @MaxMidnite I'm not working on new features, but maybe i will in the future. Currently i'm out of ideas.

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    THX :cool:
    DzięX