OverdriveNTool - tool for AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tede, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Stanislav Boldyryev

Stanislav Boldyryev Guest

GPU:
    Vega Frontier
    Hi All,
    I someone find a way to OC vega frontier with the latest drivers 1.8.2 and OverdriveNT?
    Thanks.

2. Unclegogi

Unclegogi Guest

GPU:
    RX480
    tede,
    is it possible to add the SoC clock to OverdriveNT settings?

3. pdog

pdog Guest

GPU:
    rx 570 8gb
    Made an account just for this. Please help me out tede.

Ive used your program before and havent had this issue.

Using amd 18.2.1 driver, 5 rx 570 8g msi armor, The fan setting wont obey. They appear to spin up and down repeatedly. This is on an msi z270-a pro mobo. Really have no idea what the issue is. The rest of the tool works fine, im just forced to modify fan speeds in speedfan, which sucks.

4. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    OverdriveNTool uses wattman (OverdriveN) api to set fan settings. On polaris it has such sometimes stupid behaviours like fans constantly start and stop spinning, fans idle when temp is >80°C, fans at full speed when temp is 30°C. I can't understand why AMD made such stupid fan controling.
    Personally I don't use these settings but an older api (OverDrive5) to set fans by temperature curve (still possible on polaris). Fans speed depends only on temperature there. To use this API you need to use other software like MSI Afterburner , Sapphire Trixx or Radeon FanController. This software or it's part must run in background to work correctly.
    Additionally you can disable Fan settings part in OverdriveNTool by Ctrl+double click somewhere on the fan groupbox.
    I don't think so. There is no api to set soc clocks. As far as I know it's possible by SoftPowerPlayTable editing, only on vega.
    Unfortunatelly all I can do is to add an option to hide error -8. It looks like it's impossible to change Fiji memory OC via ADL API on latest drivers. Another gpu - Vega frontier, such good and expensive graphics card seems to have whole wattman api blocked too (in pro mode, I don't know about gaming mode)
    Maybe it's still possible to change clocks through SoftPowerPlayTable?

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    No, On Fiji - HBM OC only works through BIOS + Mod Flash.
    Yes it is working :D
    (IMO Frontier can be OCed as well , those 16GB HBM_2 lol)

6. mehrunes

mehrunes Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 4GB
    Hi !
    Your program is awesome ! I really like the SoftPowerPlayTable editor, saves lots of time.

I was wondering if you plan to support more VRMs ... I have a Sapphire Nitro (not "+") RX480 with NCP81022 so I'm available if you need a tester :)

7. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    I could add more VRMs, but not this one, sorry. NCP81022 was already tested and it simply doesn't work with ADL I2C API.
    @OnnA thanks for the info.

8. Bleed

Bleed Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 480/8 GB
    This is an awesome little utility. I've been using it on and off for a few weeks now, but I've always wanted to ask:
    I tend to put my PC to sleep when I'm not using it and each time it wakes, the setting reset. It's been doing this in Wattman as well.
    Any way to force it to remember the settings without having to set them all over again?

Also, what's the point of P0 through P5 if any values you change there is not taken into consideration?
    I'm on Windows 7, with an RX 480 and driver version 18.3.1 (but I've been having this problem since long before 17.xx).

9. saintioannis

saintioannis Guest

GPU:
    2 X Vega Frontier
  10. e9eir2ss

e9eir2ss Guest

GPU:
    rx580
    Hi @tede

I'm using your tool since months. Here is my question and suggestion. Is it possible to have the option that the setting of minimum gpu fan speed holds the gpu at this speed for a minimum?
    Because my fans are turning on and off all the time.. so basically the minimum speed does not set a minimum... also i'm not sure if the maximum really is the cards maximum.

I would love that my cards are running at a minimum speed fix without turning on and off :)

11. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    This is driver issue, personally I don't have this problem. Clocks/ voltages should stay the same if you set them in SoftPowerPlayTable.
    P0 can't be changed on Polaris and it always restores back to default. P1-P5 should change normally.
    No, it's not possible in wattman api. I had this behaviour in my GPU and ended up using an additional software that controlls my fans by temperature curve.

12. Bleed

Bleed Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 480/8 GB
    Weird because I can only set P6 and P7. I mean I can set the others as well in the utility, but none of them alter the voltage usage. Could be another driver related issue.

13. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    In games mostly P7 is used, lower Pstates may be used on low load.

14. xtcr1st1

xtcr1st1 Guest

GPU:
    560TI
    Hello,
    first of all: Thank you for this great tool. Works like a charm so far!
    Now I want to go deeper into tweaking my cards.

So, here is my noob question :
    How do the parameters from I2C work? Mostly I'm interested into the offset parameter.
    I tried changing voltage for both memory and core, but they always seem to be on par - my cards are 2 Asus ROG Strix OC with Hynix memory.
    As I understand it applies an offset to the core voltage or?

Thank you!

15. MaxMidnite

MaxMidnite Member

GPU:
    ATI RX580

Hey man, thank you for a a great tool, been using this to help with my Crypto Mining.

I have some questions, mostly concerning the fan controls.

1) I installed MSI Afterburner latest to set the fan controls to 70% but I feel this is conflicting with the tool clock speeds etc
    Not sure if Overdrive takes priority or MSI Afterburner.
    2) Any plans to integrate fan control like you mentioned in a future version (non auto fan mode)
    3) When do you plan to release update for this app? (tweaks, bug fixes etc).

Thank you, any information would be great.

16. kaif cruz

kaif cruz Guest

GPU:
    rx570
    I have issue with OverdriveNtool. When I am restarting PC normally it works great. However when I will cut off electric and switched that on again all profiles will remain empty. It will stay empty even when i will try to run bat file manually. I have to go through the all GPUs select profile, apply, save and it works again till the first power shortage again.
    I have 8 x Sapphire RX 570 8GB OC Edition

OverdriveNTool.exe -r1 -p1"gpu1" -r2 -p2"gpu2" -r3 -p3"gpu3" -r4 -p4"gpu4" -r5 -p5"gpu5" -r6 -p6"gpu6" -r7 -p7"gpu7" -r8 -p8"gpu8"

17. x21tri5

x21tri5 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX580
    Same problem here, when I cut off my electric, it will restore in its default rather than the save profile. Can you help us tede? Tnx

18. jlo

jlo Guest

GPU:
    vega fe
    can this be updated for the march driver? It currently gets rejected when applying.

19. jlo

jlo Guest

GPU:
    vega fe
    I got it working as a the gaming driver but not pro driver for a vega fe.

20. Andrew Tong

Andrew Tong Guest

GPU:
    Vega
    Anyone with vega fe tried installing adrenaline 18.3.4 and able to use overdriventool ? Please advise.