Overclocking 9600gt

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Zeke66, Nov 25, 2009.

1. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Yeh, you're going to find that drop in FPS is due to the CPU more than the GPU. Me and my friend have almost identical systems, but he is running a 2.66GHz Dual Core and I have a Quad. When there is alot of zombies being rendered, during a horde rush say, he will have drops to 35-45FPS, whereas mine will stay a solid 55-60FPS for 99% of the game. There is a section at the airport in L4D1 where I have 35s... but that's my problem. :)

2. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    L4D, isn't source engine based games more CPU dependent than GPU ever since HL2?

3. Zeke66

Zeke66 Member

GPU:
    nvid 9600gt 512ddr3
    Now i have very good fps since i disable "multicore rendering". in the graphic option. Even if i play at max settings.

We have both a 9600gt, why in the GPU-Z mine seem to be a bit better ?

I havent overclock.

4. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    Overclocking isn't going to resolve this issue. Most likely it is a driver problem and not any kind of lack of power - especially for l4d and other source games.

Nvidia just released a new driver a day or two ago and it lists performance increases for l4d (though nothing about studdering or multicore redering issues.) - but give it a try. If the latest doesn't work try a pre-190's driver (most of the 190 drivers had issues for many people, including me.)

Or, leave multicore redering off and call it your "fix" and just enjoy playing games. lol

5. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I have a 9800gt 512mb pny card
    [​IMG]

seems to be about a tie IMO , your core is higher and so is the shader.

6. Zeke66

Zeke66 Member

GPU:
    nvid 9600gt 512ddr3
    Since my game play well and the graphics look very good to me , yes i'm happy :wanker: Whats the use of "multicore rendering " anyway ? From what i read its suppose to give better performance... ? But no change in graphic quality ?

Maybe i'll wait for a better driver...i will give a try to these new one, going back to old ones , i never try that before.

And Thx general for the clarification about GPU-Z.

7. [ODB]

[ODB] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800 GT ULTIMATE SLI
    multicore rendering is fixed with latest nvidia drivers Nvidia Forceware 195.62 peep em

8. Shinzok

Shinzok Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 2GB
    [​IMG]

Too bad mine had a stock clock of 740 MHz. Else it would have been a 23% overclock , hihi :)