OUYA Tegra 3-based game console pre-order

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

The OUYA game console is now available for pre-order at ouya.tv. Those who missed out on the $99 Kickstarter fund raiser can now pre-order it for $109 US or $119 international. One wireless controller...

More...

2. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    at that price i might look into getting one, but I wonder if the tegra 3 is really going to be powerful enough for 1080p gaming?

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    i would be very careful about ordering this. You might be throwing money away.

4. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    as long as it works with the current lot of android games I already own that would be fine, could always use it was a media player as well?
    But I think I will be waiting until I hear / see a list of games / apps avail and how the performance is before ordering

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    last I heard it looks like it'll never come out so I would stay away from pre ordering it.

6. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    backers

$8,596,475
    pledged of $950,000 goal

Not bad! :-O

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Will definitely be picking up one of these, will at the very least be perfect for the bedroom as a media centre.

Not sure how well it will work with Android games when your using a controller, but either way it's a cracking idea and i'm happy to support it.

8. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    It's a shame they didn't make a better d pad otherwise i would get it for emulators. But then even if it had a better one it wouldn't even be able to output my screens res.

9. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    You'll almost certainly be able to use any controller capable of bluetooth. the entire point of the thing is that it's hackable/moddable.

How about a source, something from the devs that says they can't do it?

Because if you spend everyday warding people away from it, so no one buys it, then yes, it won't come out. It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy.

And something some internet blogger said doesn't count.

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't see any reason why it couldn't, or shouldn't come out next year.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    "We can only promise OUYA by March to our Kickstarter backers." so 63,416 consoles to make

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it was in an interview, gaming magazine editors were saying how it might not comeout and how the devs of this console keep making bold announcements about how they will bring certain games to the platform just to deny it later etc. basically, from that interview it sounds shady and confusing so I'll definitely not pre order. might buy when it's out, might.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Who cares what editors say? Are they part of the group developing this thing? Unless they are....their statements mean exactly squat.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm not saying i believe everything they say, just being cautious. can anyone provide me with any concrete information about this project? and is there a pre order option, or just pre purchase?

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I wouldn't pre-order it, personally, but I wouldn't go around screaming that it'll never get released either. This is something the industry actually needs and consumers deserve....to an extent anyway. Still undecided about Tegra3 in a console though...

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    calm down please, where was i screaming that it'll never be released? all I said was that i would be cautious. also, is there only pre purchase? just Google ouya controversy.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Ouya is negotiating with Namco Bandai, supposedly there's already a commitment for Final Fantasy and Robotoki is supposedly planning an episodic release as well. They've also got a commitment for OnLive.

Also, if this turns out to be fraudulent....those that donated can still take legal action against those involved.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    correct me if i wrong but terga3 is cell phone gpu? claiming to be 1080p? a cell pixel can be half that of 1080p and look better then 1080p to cause the screen is so small..... for same reason a 1080p 60" hdtv looks worse then 1080p 27" hdtv. smaller the screen the better the picture.

One can get away with fake 1080p on small screen like cell phone but not on a hdtv....

all seriousness we dont need another console hitting the market we have enough of them ****ing up the pc sector and there games and tech available that not used and that pretty stalling the pc sector for 5+ years cause a console is incapable of deli ever on that tech. We all know what pc tech can do, but yet almost no game use it. imo **** the consoles till developers get there heads out of there asses and stop being lazy and actual write the code specifically of pc and the tech the gave almost all games are still dx9 few games that have DX 10/11 seem to have that part of it half sassed.

Crysis was one of the must nices looking games on the pc for years and it ran almost all cards ragged for years after it release. then it was castrated just to run on a console.

Along comes Crysis 2 which was no where as impressive of crysis, had to wait countless months for DX 11 patch that should of been in the game from "day one" along with the Highres textures. and yet people say it not as impressive as 1 nor does it even begin to tax gpu like crysis did back then. Look at the new batman game same stuff

If our pc games games arnt being castrated cause of consoles then im the pope...

but then maybe im alone in thinking ore maybe i dont know what talking about. all i know my eyes bleed when i play one ps3/360 consoles games.
    I rahter emulate my ps1/ps2 games on my in to actual 1080p and play those games, which i do more then actual play my ps3/360 atlest my eyes dont bleed.

End of rant.. No new consoles unless its all 3 coming together and make one console to rule them all with actual tech that not gona stall pc tech

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Devs aren't going to start using all the "tech" available on PCs until consoles start supporting it. From a financial standpoint, it would be irresponsible for them to ignore a more widely available "tech" in favor of a lesser available one. That's why we're still seeing DX9 games. It's easier to code a game for DX9 and release it on 3 platforms than it is to write 2 different graphics engines.