Otrageous People. God, they are so horrible.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jhetski, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Year, you know I love you bro, but this post is offensive. Please don't imply the girl is being ignored in hopes that she'll die, and those hoping are doing so because of religious reasons. It's also pretty bad to imply Jesus wants children to die.The video is wrong, the people are animals, and the situation is heart breaking. I think we can all agree on this. No need to slam Christianity because of it.

2. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    It said in the report that China is outraged. Now is that because the world knows it business ( and they have been shamed ) or that they as a country are genuinely upset over this. And if its the latter then maybe something will get done.

3. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Whats that got to do with anything? You didn't answer either of my questions.
    I don't live in Mainland China, I don't like Mainland China very much, and Hong Kong is very different from Mainland China, but I don't like statements that hint at bigotry like the one you made, and I don't have to live in a country to defend it.

4. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080

5. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    A combination, I suspect. Maybe we should ask one of our american friends (USA have plenty experience with this sort of thing, and that has been documented quite well): Is it outrage that things was documented and your country was shamed, or is it shame that you're so afraid of the rabid attack-lawyers you no longer dare to care for another human being?

_THIS_ is what unchecked rampant greed-capitalism creates. _THIS_ is the kind of society we want?

Adam Smith wrote:
    (The Wealth Of Nations, Book I, Chapter II, pp. 26-7, para 12.)

No, I'm not making this up. I wish I were.

China has adopted the same cut-throat chrony capitalism the worst parts of the west has, with the result that lawyers, or rather; the fear of them, has taken over control of society.

Alas, the same fear of lawyers has been exported to most parts of the world. And this is exactly why universal healthcare should be paid for by taxes: No reason for lawsuits for those who tried to save a life. As long as healthcare is insanely expensive, there will be some sort of mad reasoning that "this cost me money, let's sue someone!"

//Svein

6. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    We get it, you don't like us. Maybe you can just start your own threads about how you think our country should be run.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  7. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    I just watched the full video of her being hit and run over, really wish I hadn't :|

How out of touch and desensitized some parts of the world are is appalling and truly heart saddening.

8. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    If by "US" you mean rabid attack-lawyers, then no, I don't like you. If by us you mean Americans, then I have no like/dislike towards you at all, but I have a sincere dislike for the corporatism that controls your country, and their prime export-articles aka "laws". I also have a sincere dislike for wholesale corruption aka unlimited campaign contributions. As an outsider, I quite frankly think you deserve better.

//Svein

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i understand what you mean and i do apologise. :)

however i want to say and i guess you know this, i respect people of all religions and i'm always careful not to offend anyone even when i disagree, but what i saw in the video truly angered me i just lashed at the messiah and his parable, my thought was, if he really loves kids so much he should keep them safe and out of harm way (albeit in my own sarcastic way), so it had nothing to do with implying that there was a religious motive behind, not at all.

as a human being if i was there i would've helped her even if it meant capital punishment for me, i wouldn't care about the law and i don't need one to know it's animalistic and brutal not to help a 2 year old in such critical condition, it's outrageous.

:biggun:

10. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    If she had help straight away, she may not be brain damaged now. The poor girl, what did she do to deserve that? For fcuks sake she is only two.

Where i live i see kids as young as three out playing with their older brother/sister. Even though its the safest large village in the area, due to the fact we are all inbred rednecks and we always look after our own. Anyone fcuks with us and god help them. Even having said that there is still a large element of danger.
    I think what i am trying to say is ........... Oh hell i donno.:bugeye::confused:

11. Jhetski

Jhetski The Lonely Guru

GPU:
    Palit 7300GT DDR 550/1500 ^_^
    these people are vicious. the government is definitely one of the worst.

god, it hurts to be human.

12. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
  13. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    To be honest I do not handle hostage situations good either ahemDeusEx

14. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Are you telling me that China aint communist at all? OMFG!

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It's not bigotry at all, I'm just saying that it's hard to call a country civilized when the majority is starving only earning pennies per day. There's also a lack of civil and workers rights. America isn't perfect by any means either but at least it has those basic things. Of course that's just my opinion so take how you'd like.

16. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

I honestly cannot tell if you're purposely being sarcastic and trolling, or if you didn't know that China moved towards heavy economic liberalization.

- PR-0927

17. Jhetski

Jhetski The Lonely Guru

GPU:
    Palit 7300GT DDR 550/1500 ^_^
    the two scenarios are different. in china, the people knew they've hurt that kid but instead of helping, they fled. same as the people passing by. they are too afraid they will get punished if they helped that kid. what do you call that kind of attitude?

in manila hostage crisis, the police force were not properly trained, but they tried to save lives to the best that they can do. im not defending my own country men, i despise those people, but i have to understand we have our own problems too.

18. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I'm no expert but from what I've read China doesn't really fit any particular theoretical model of government. It's a mixture of communist totalitarianism as well as full blown Machiavellian capitalism where anything can be bought with the right bribe. Basically the "people" own everything so the government can sell almost anything.

19. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Unless owned by private companies :D

The point is that there is no true communist country that would do that. If they start any capitalistic approach to economy, the rest of the "communist" part just falls off. You cant have a country a lil communist in this side, a lil capitalist in this side, etc. Just because communism cannot exist in conjunction with capitalisim. It just defeats its purpose.

Having a worker class working for foreign capitalistic interests? That just stabs whatever communism was left there. It doesnt matter if the state has all that power and "can sell almost everything" as you say if it just stomps in whatever other principles communism can have.

It seems to me like a extreme take on capitalism. Taking the power of the state to manage the development and spreading of capitalistic interests. There is no communism in that.

:3eyes: Really you cant tell?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  20. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

Ah, re-reading it I could. I dunno', must have been tired or something!

- PR-0927