OSD transparency

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by aparatos1, Sep 10, 2019.

1. aparatos1

aparatos1 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Hi everyone. I'm having problems with osd. I used to be able to change osd zoom and opacity but now after few updates to rtss none of my settings work. I reinstalled reset did everything I could do and still the same. Is there anything that can be recommended to do to make it work? I can't stand it when it's not transparent

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  2. aparatos1

aparatos1 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Just to add everything is working on 7.1.0 and as soon as I update to 7.2 transparency and zoom settings don't work

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Define what you mean by “transparency don’t work”.

4. aparatos1

aparatos1 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Its when I change opacity in color menu. Whatever I set it looks like its at 100%. This and zoom only works in 7.1 for me so can't upgrade because of this issue

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

_WHICH_ color menu? Default color definition location changed with 7.2.0, it is moved to OSD layout and release notes documents that. If that's your issue - search, it was discussed several times.

6. Mergen Alimaganbetov

Mergen Alimaganbetov New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q
    I can confirm this issue.

1) If I go to RTSS, open the color selection (orange bubble) and change opacity there — it does not change the opacity of selected measurements in MSI AB. HOWEVER, this opacity applies very well to clock, if I enable it in MSI AB.

2) If I go to MSI AB, and change the color opacity of each type of element, it works. These settings are in Settings — Monitoring tab — three dots next to 'Show in On-Screen Display'.
    @aparatos1
    So for now you can change the opacity by this method (you need to change it for all 6 color groups)

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    RTSS opacity controls RTSS own overlay
    Afterburner opacity controls Afterburner via RTSS opacity.

I don't think this is a bug, its intentional change

Andy_K likes this.