Osama dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jeremy, May 2, 2011.

1. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Right...

Anyways, back on topic.

What's great is that besides killing Bin Laden, we got a treasure trove of raw data lying around around the compound. If I remember the official word was more than a hundred flash drives an dozens of computers.

This grab could be more important than the actual hit.

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    In other news, the stealth helicopter just made the New York Times front page:

(select quotes)

3. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Off topic..

You know what I really wish for, that the middle east and muslims and terrorists just lose their importance.

I wish for that day when the west is free of the headache that is the middle east and confine it to the back page of newspapers just like darfur.

To do so would require replacing oil.

4. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Well that effort (replacing oil) is already well under way and for one simple reason, China.

China has the fastest growing auto industry in the world, surpassing the U.S.A.. It cannot afford both the pollution and oil requirements in order to feed that industry, thus they are nearly completely investing in EV (electric vehicles). One of the more recent things they have done is build new Nuclear reactors to feed that growth.

I was recently look at a car charging stock and came away with some interesting details and numbers.

5. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
  6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
  7. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    part of the reason for 8 months between locating the courier and the mission was months of CIA surveillance from a nearby "safehouse"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/cia-spied-on-bin-laden-from-safe-house/2011/05/05/AFXbG31F_story.html

they still weren't 100% sure it was OBL...it could have been Ayman Zawahiri and the courier just shuffling between the two.

The problem with bombing is say you blow the place to smithereens and it catches on fire and could be hours before someone can collect DNA evidence. Or the desired target could be in an unknown underground bunker at the site and survive. Lots of problems with aerial bombing that were overcome the way it was done...after the 66 cruise missiles in 1998 missed him, RPG in 2000 missed him and who knows what happened at Tora Bora it was important to do this once and do it right and they did.

8. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    yo makalu can you provide links to his battles and tusstles with the us in the hills? I fancy a good read about all of this,

off topic then straight back on it :):
    fukushima

Amazing how the media turn off the tap of news for real crazy goings on in the world when just one guy gets killed...

I know he plotted 9/11 and also took out a few us embassys because he belived the us sided with.. I think sudan? dnt remember it was a long while back may have been the other side but anyways he did that because of that nothing more.

Imma thinking there much MUCH nastier villains out there hating the us and uk for other reasons or from the same cause and maybe the media should focus more on that, I mean who's the next big bad guy? better not be about oil or some crap next time lol but point is I want to know if my missus or my kids need protecting.

9. plodge85

plodge85 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    Sadaam was put to trial, executed, pics released... what's so different here?

10. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Saddam was found in a hole in middle of a field all alone.

Osama was in a house in foreign territory surrounded by guards and assistants, not to mention wives. He also has a bullet hole in his head, kind of messy to release such pictures

11. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    saddam was a poncy little bitch compared at the time, I mean he was found with a few mars bars and all sorry for himself, bin laden was well geared up.. well to the US anyway, plus adding the fact the pics contain images of brain matter and all sorts of other nasty's.. oh and the muslims treat this guy like muhammed, if this guys deathly picture came out Im sure id hear the rage from here and Im in the uk lol

12. plodge85

plodge85 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    You guys haven't convinced me. I cant understand why the US government haven't made sure the public have proof. Put everybodies mind at ease n shut the case. It doesn't add up. You guys know what I mean.

13. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Be honest, even if there was a photo released showing him dead, would it change your mind that this is not a conspiracy?

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
  15. Frog_Smoker

Frog_Smoker Member Guru

GPU:
    CirrusLogic 1MB

16. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    I wouldn't call that a trustworthy confirmation.

Showing Bin Ladens death photos, has less to do with conspiracy theory's, than it does with providing closure and yes "spiking the football" as Obama calls it. Both of which are more important than terrorists feelings or whatever the reasons for not showing them are.

Islamic burying rules should have been the last thing on their minds. The American people should have came first, then our allies fighting with us, then a few more down the list we can worry about how the enemy Islamists are going to feel about how Osama was buried etc. He shouldn't have been buried soon, Officials US and allies should have been able to view the body. Pictures/video released. Then they can respectfully bury the body thats fine. Personally I'd prefer all kinds of sick ****, but thats not realistic or important.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I'm sure the extent of his burial consisted of him being sealed in a weighted box and being thrown off the helicopter over the Atlantic or something. Pretty just end if you ask me.

18. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    well the prez wanted to send delta force into OBL's last known location at a terrorist camp in '98 but congress wouldn't go for it so they settled on cruise missiles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Infinite_Reach

but they think he had left the camp a few hours earlier and it would have been a lucky shot anyway given the size of the camp.

Then a lesser known attempt by the CIA:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/09/16/national/main311490.shtml

and then the battle at Tora Bora in Dec. '01

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tora_Bora

people who need proof now will probably never be satisfied...AQ and Taliban leadership is all saying he's dead vowing revenge blah blah blah...i reckon you'll be hearing eye-witness accounts from wives/kids soon enough after the movie rights are settled.

19. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I don't buy the reason that it will cause repercussions for the US as to being why no photos will be released.

Look at it from an outside point of view; US spec ops covertly enter a predominantly muslim country to carry out an assassination. He's unarmed, they shoot him in the head, then again to make sure, then take his body and dump it in the sea. They also shoot one of his wives, and leave her there along with a load of other bodies for the local authorities to deal with.

This is then quickly followed by announcements on TV and scenes of jubilant Americans punching the air and chanting 'USA!' and so on. Maybe a better thing to do would have been to first inform the Pakistan authorities as to what happened and how the event should be dealt with, rather than practically bragging about it on international TV and saying ISI weren't notified because they can't be trusted.

And the US government wonders why other countries get pissed...

Are photos really going to make any difference at this point in time?

20. plodge85

plodge85 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    Why should there be such speculation about something that happened in the 21st century? These days things should be clear cut. We have the technology.