Osama dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jeremy, May 2, 2011.

1. Nerus

Nerus Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 470 amp!
    “The whole purpose of sending our troops into the compound, rather than an aerial bombardment, was to obtain indisputable evidence of Bin Laden’s death,” said Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina. “The best way to protect and defend our interests overseas is to prove that fact to the rest of the world.”

Right, so if they didn't care for proof that'd send an air bomber over a sovereign nation ( is that the right word?) and bombard a house that is located in a town where retired military personal of pakistan lives?

Safe to say that line was a lie...or politically augmented truth :p

On the other hand I don't believe the USA government is so stupid as to think this "ruse" would work if it was a ruse, I think it was a genuine rushed "omg he is actually there" decision and they did actually kill him. (yes i know they knew of the currier for 2 years)

One thing safe to say is that he is indeed dead as if he was not, he'd make it known that he is alive as it would boost extremist's morale and severely embarrass the USA government and would help their message that USA government lies. As a brainwashed extremist he would not lose such opportunity to "retire".

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    New update on the mystery chopper:

[​IMG]

As you can see, we can now be 90%+ sure that this is most definitely a H-60 derivative.

3. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    How do you figure? It's a lot harder to identify a corpse that hasn't been vaporized by a bomb. As for Pakistan, who cares what they think, they've been harboring the guy for nearly 6 years. To be honest that makes them our enemies, why the hell are we sending them BILLIONS a year? Now that IS ****ed up!

4. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    all i know is things are going to get messy with Pakistan over the next few years. very bad.

5. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Here's my question...now they're saying we knew where he was in August but we only just now went in after him. Why didn't we go get Bin Laden back in August? Why wait until now?

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    They were suspicious of the location back in August, they didn't have confirmation till earlier this year.

Since then they built a mockup of the complex and practiced assault drills.

7. Nerus

Nerus Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 470 amp!
    Did you not read my post or was my wording wrong, english is my second language afterall.

What I meant was that bombing the compound would not have been an option. For reasons such as bombing a house that is amongst houses of retired military men as well as breaching Pakistan's sovereignty by "invading" their air space with an armed bombardment plane. That'd be a reason to start a war.

So my point was they didnt bomb the place NOT because of the identification issues but because they couldn't do it for a lot of other reasons. Which makes him saying that they used seal team instead of bombing for identification irrelevant ie twsting truth as politician usually do, say something irrelevant that can't be a lie but completely misleads the lister. Such budget was increased by 1 million they say while in real terms its only a 0.01% increase or when they say they will still increase funding to NHS while they increase it not even enough to match the rate of inflation (thus less funding in real terms).

Its like saying we used a knife instead of a grenade to grate the cheese, its irrelevant as using a grenade to grate the cheese was never an option in the first place for obvious reasons.

Do I make any sense or its too late for my brain :p

8. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Thanks, for the info. I want to see pics of the chopper pre explosion, the first poor pics the tail looked like a UH-60, but the latest decent pics although the basic shape is there it looks different to any I've seen before and I want to see more of this chopper.

9. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    I'm not saying they should've gone the next day but 8 months to practice the drills?

10. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I feel the same way.One thing I thought we knew about him, was that he moved around very quickly. Spec Ops teams can be deployed within hours of a go ahead, so maybe they could have gone much sooner.
    My guess is that it was politics with Pakistan, and a little covert scouting that we'll never read about.
    regardless, a great job in the end.

What's currently troubling me is IF OBL was unarmed- why make that fact known? The government has lied before, so a little white lie here might save a few Muslims from being even more pissed about it.
    Also, I thought it's worth noting that in Obama's speech, he said he gave the order to kill BL.The next day the White House called it a "Capture or kill operation". Yeah, lmao.looking to see if this gets a bit of spin before it's over.Make no mistake- we went there to kill him, and take his squirt gun!

11. wubbles

wubbles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
  12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  13. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Please understand, I am trying to explain with the facts I currently have right now.

We did not know he was there for 8 months. We had suspicions, but those were only confirmed in February when the messenger returned.

Personally, the whole way the after-operation is being handled makes me think that the go order was taken on short notice, probably due to some new intel that we may never know about.

14. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    info was released that he had an ak and marakov in his immediate vicinity. he wasnt defenseless, they just surprised him. they probably saw the weapons and decided not to chance it.

honestly why let the muslim extremist community think that he went down fighting? they would just try to think he was all the more honorable, fighting the US dogs..

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    8 months is nothing, these things take time, they won't have just been practising drills.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    what if those out of their minds, mad, crazy extreme Osama supporters NUKE a big city on the planet. These things scare me..like a 3 years old toying with fire in a fireworks factory.

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    You people are wacked... he's dead you can give it a rest now.

And I saw NYC people praising and celebrating like it was New year, omg epic fail.:bang:

mods pls, close this thread.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Stop trying to derail it.

19. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Indeed.

A famous quote is, "Civilians talk about weapons types, Generals talk logistics". Many an army has been destroyed because of poor logistics planning.

Building a mock-up of the compound probably took a few days at least for example. Flying in the 160th and support equipment a few more. Etc, etc.

That is a general threat, regardless if Osama was alive or not.

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    or your bs investigating it, it will come back at you in the near future believe me and your chilling won't save you.

Explain that to yourself as you will.

bye.