Origin allegedly breached

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by styckx, Jun 13, 2014.

1. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    KeePass FTW.

2. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    lol, why use keypass its safer to use paper and pen! Besides we can always ask local government for our passwords they have a copy stashed somewhere along with the last time we eat something LOL...... So no reply on twitter after i called the person out. Guess they didn't like being called out.

3. blacblu

blacblu Guest

This list is fake. My email is not there and I can't login with any account.

Also, look as these email addresses, which are on the list.

Code:
    href="01270857@gmail.com:8039466
    href="01270857@hotmail.com:8039466
    href="01270857@yahoo.com:8039466
    href="033314@gmail.com:320033
    href="033314@hotmail.com:320033
    href="033314@yahoo.com:320033
    href="07corvet@gmail.com:magelan
    href="07corvet@hotmail.com:magelan
    href="07corvet@yahoo.com:magelan
    href="1031@gmail.com:Xz149O4I
    href="1031@hotmail.com:Xz149O4I
    href="1031@yahoo.com:Xz149O4I
    href="123456789@gmail.com:0987654321
    href="123456789@hotmail.com:0987654321
    href="123456789@yahoo.com:0987654321
    href="1234567@gmail.com:7654321
    href="1234567@hotmail.com:7654321
    href="1234567@yahoo.com:7654321
    href="1234@gmail.com:4321

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Even if it were real, I doubt they found an exploit, all the passwords looked so simple that it could've been done by guesswork and brute force dictionary attacks, something that wouldn't work all to well on accounts with decent passwords.

5. bmxjumperc

bmxjumperc Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 640
    my e-mail address is not on the list; I'm confident it's fake.

Additionally if I change my EA password I have to start my Shift 2 Unleashed game over; the way Shift 2 is designed, and the fact that it's servers were taken offline like 3 months after it was released you lose access to your game if you change your password.

6. bmxjumperc

bmxjumperc Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 640
    sounds accurate

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    There no doubt are a lot of better email out there, i just seemed to have stuck with hotmail, although i just found the ability to switch on two step log in on these email, so even if they do guess your email and password, they would need to have my phone details for the code.

But my other 3 emails on hotmail are all clear from any attempts, so it's just the one at present, and looking back this email was also used on Amazon, PSN, XBlive, ebay, Play, which i think all have had a security breach over the last few years, just seemed strange to have started this month.

8. Bluedinette

Bluedinette Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 GAMING4
    When, this hacking? (Date)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  9. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    Meh it's bogus, just checked my entire clan against it, zero results.

At least one of us would have popped up.

10. nick0323

nick0323 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Oh, the thread wasn't created by Hilbert? Must be fake...trollololololoololollo

11. portprober

portprober New Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 SLI
    Two things:

1) Online DRM is a joke, anyone who doesn't boycott it is a fool

2) Passwords are not secure and never will be again

:pc1:

12. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 RTX Trio X
    Mine isn't listed, thank Goodness! I use Ironkey to store all of my password. I never had my email breached except Blizzard, but I took care of it.

13. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 RTX Trio X
    Diceware passphase > 1234 or admin LOL!

You might wanna enable backup codes on your Origin Account. However, I am shocked EA/Origin didn't even bother to use Two-Factor Authentication?! This part of security is extremely important!

Here's a scenario:

1) A hacker could RAT into your computer with your IP address remain intact. Then he/she can log into your Origin account without bothering to input your backup code because it's not logged in another location.

2) Two-Factor Authentication would be useless in this scenario because keylogger would have been installed by a hacker in the first place. So all of your private key and passphrase is being recorded. RAT is becoming extremely difficult to detect with modern day Antivirus/IDS because hackers/cryptos are actively working to make RAT FUD (Fully Un-Detectable).

3) By scanning your computer for known viruses, you're more likely better off with Two-Factor Authentication especially with a physical token key from Norton, VeriSign, or Google. I have IronKey USB and it has Two-Factor Authentication built-in by VeriSign - works flawlessly :).

Something to ponder about.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  14. Drexir

Drexir Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 4GB
    I have seen many of these things. This list looks completely different. This list is definitely fake. So the question is did they really get the information? Or are they just wanting attention and/or trolling?

Not to mention origin requires an 8 to 16 character password with at least one lower, one upper, and one digit. Some of those passwords are not even 8 characters long. And I highly doubt any system only requires a minimum of 3 characters which quite a few of them are.

But again what is the point of saying "Ha! Gotcha! Here's the proof!" then painfully obvious it's fake. It doesn't matter just like steam to login from a different location or change anything like the password they would need access to my email account where I have to enter an access code.

I hate to say this but this really makes the blackhat community look bad.

15. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080M
    I guess that the point was just trolling and/or decreasing Origin/EA credibility.
    Anyway they didn't even try hard; fail.

16. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    easy:
    -1st you found a mail list from any commercial or warez
    -2nd you add random mail to make it bigger
    -3rd you claim that you are a big hacker

so there was real mail in it as my old one that i doesn't use (and provider is dead since years)... if people still use them: it could frightened and make the list look legit... but it is not lol

from my own Pov if i would have hacked Origin database i would have told to no one and sell it to concurent via a bengladesh screen company.

17. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Bogus list, I guess its just a ploy to get ad revenue from visiting that download site for the "ORIGIN Leak 1mil.txt" file.