ORB X - Yet another pointless prestige product from Cooler Master

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Sapphire Tri-x
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I don't even understand how this should succeed at what it's claiming to do, block out distractions... it's literally open on both sides and you can look past the screen so easily....
    I know what does that for relatively cheap: WALLS.

The concept of ever growing "spaces" in the white collar workforce is one that infinitely destroys any office culture. It takes away everything personal that connects you as a worker with your workplace as a building, decouples any personal identification and relation you have to that one spot you sit at (desk sharing...), and makes a worker less engaged in this place.
    All of these things only show how companies just see their people as exchangeable, un-human things that are simply needed for everything to work, beyond the guy that actually puts in effort to work at w/e he is doing.
    And then they complain how nobody wants to work at their company anymore, how the young people don't feel appreciated, and how they are no longer willing to go the extra mile... can't make that up.

Venix and Solfaur like this.
  4. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    For $15000.00 U.S. you can build your own radical setup and not look like a fool. [​IMG]

carnivore, Venix and Brasky like this.

5. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    lol, but what about the Dr. Evil Egg? [​IMG]

6. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    Wait that thing costs 15k ??? I can build a computer and pimp out a desk and very comfy space and have 10-8k left over. XD

I thought you wrote 1.5k and I was like .... Yeah ok 1500 USD seems kinda reasonable :p

NewTRUMP Order likes this.
  7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I could never imagine a real-life situation that the stock image shows. That's quite the statement of "Whilst in my throne, I am better than all you peasants. Do not come near me with your low paychecks and sexual harassment accusations".

I can totally see how this would work - you'd become so socially repulsive that everyone will keep their distance. Everyone would be quiet because they're all talking crap about you and don't want to be overheard.

Venix likes this.
  8. Kool64

Kool64 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Pointless is definitely a good word for it.

Venix and chispy like this.
  9. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 on H2O
  10. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    Suddenly it is much more appealing .... Who cares what others say as far they leave you alone? ,:p maybe they should hire you to come up with pr for that thing ! Besides peasants smell of boiling cabbage is good to keep away :p

schmidtbag likes this.

11. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Mushrooms are a lot cheaper... and who know what you may immerse your self in.

Venix likes this.