Optimus issues with Titanfall on moble GPUs, help needed.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by USFrozen, Mar 16, 2014.

1. USFrozen

USFrozen New Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce 660m GTX
    Titanfall refuses to run on a large number of mobile GeForce cards and will only run on the integrated GPU, despite settings in the Nvidia control panel. From what I've been seeing since launch through many hours on the EA help forums, the issue seems to be with a large number of 6 and 7 series laptop GPUs, most often 650m and up (with recent reports of 640m LE as well.. since all other effected chips seem to be Kepler, i can only assume that these are the same). Through my own experimentation, I can verify that this issue is present in drivers 332.21, 334.67, 334.89, and 335.23. The systems used to verify this information are a Lenovo Y580 with a Intel Core i7 3610QM, Intel HD 4000 graphics, Nvidia GeForce 660m GTX, 8gb system memory, and a fresh install of Windows 7 home premium x64 and an Alienware M14X R2, Intel Core i7 3630QM, Intel HD 4000 graphics, Nvidia GeForce 650m GT, 12gb system memory, and a fresh install of Windows 7 home premium x64. Between every driver attempt the systems where cleaned using DDU to ensure that there was no interference between driver installs.

Im growing pretty desperate for a fix here guys, and was hoping that you Gurus could help a ton of gamers suffering from this issue just like me out.

Thanks in advance,
    Frozen

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  2. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    It might be strange, did you check that Windows 8.1 Optimus user having the same issues?
    As I know, windows 8.1 changed the Optimus/Enduro ways to work, so you might want to give a try.

3. LathspeLL

LathspeLL Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well I had this problem during the beta with my GTX 660m as well. I had to change prefered adapter to nVIDIA in order to run it with nVIDIA. But with the retail version it's fixed for me.

4. USFrozen

USFrozen New Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce 660m GTX
    @BenYeeHua: I didnt check it with 8.1 as i dont have access to that OS. Ill look back through the forum posts and see if any of the users with this issue had 8.1.

@LathspeLL: If only that worked for us...

5. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Banned

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    Maybe im a moron, and you alreay know this. But did you make a profile in cp for the game exe? Because there you can choose prefered card, choose Nvidia ofcourse, and boom it works? That is no bug, its new games often are not in the drivers profile list, so you have to add one until later drivers have the game integrated? But if you have done this and it doesnt work anyways, then sorry I said anything. But if my post helps you, then this all perfectly normal! I do this often.... if you dont, it will choose the intel igpu.

6. USFrozen

USFrozen New Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce 660m GTX
    Yeah, I've tried that... For some your solution works, but for the the cards I posted up top still only use the Intel GPU despite what the CP tells it to use. Is there any other way to force a program to use the Nvidia GPU?

7. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Banned

GPU:
    Hmmm strange, I dont have Titanfall, so I cant test this my self, but seems strange? Have you posted this on their forum/support? And are there many complaints about this issue from others, or is this something that happens to you at times, or this the first time it happens? No driver you tried uses the Optimus Nvidia GPU? What gpu do you have from NV in you LT? But have you tried Nvidia INspector, there are some Optimus settings for most games that you can tinker with, I dont know if they can help you, but you could try!? I think there could be some settings that could help there? If its not some other easier, or harder problem, that cant be fixed user end?

8. USFrozen

USFrozen New Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce 660m GTX
    I have both posted in the nVIDIA forums and submitted a bug report through their reporting system. There have been a good number of complaints from people with this issue on answers.ea.com and no solutions are currently available. Like i stated in the OP, none of the listed drivers would play the game on the nVIDIA GPU. My personal laptop is the Lenovo Y580 mentioned above that i used for testing; it has a GeForce 660m GTX at stock clocks. I have not used Nvidia Inspector. TBVH i had never heard about that program untill recently, and wouldn't feel comfortable playing with it quite yet.

9. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Banned

GPU:
    I understand, sorry that im no bigger help to you now, if I get the game and try it and find anything, i will report back.

10. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    I had the same issue with Tera (The mmorpg game...) I used the Nvidia Inspector and it worked 100%. I guess you should give it a try...