Operation flashpoint-dragon rising

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Unstable_Hero, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

you're joking ? thats just kicked me right in the nads :( looks like ill be waiting for BF3 then, ffs why do they have to mess about removing stuff, what about calling in an air drop or air strikes? :puke2:

2. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I am hoping this game runs good on my rig, I am still too scared to get Arma II because of the performance I get from the demo.

3. Raiasokura

Raiasokura Guest

GPU:
    evga rtx 2080 ti
  4. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    that interview was awsome, got me even more pumped up for the game :D

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    They didn't remove stuff. 1st OpF wasn't made by them and DR isn't a 'remake'. In fact i dunno what it is, but it looks like fun to me. Gonna buy as ArmA2 still runs & looks like an alpha version.

6. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Great interview, I am really pumped for this game seeing that the engine ran like a beast on grid I have high hopes for it. Guess you can count me in on day one!

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SEtp25jvT0

Russian home-made video, some store sold early again. :p
    (Seems to use SecuROM from that little spinning disc icon so it might have online activation, unsure though, just saying as some people really dislike that system.)

9. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Man I am wondering if I can wait a week to get my GTX 280 and then get this game or if I will fold and buy it on Tuesday instead and run it on my old ass card I have in now.

10. AuspiciousAugur

AuspiciousAugur Member Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Video's gone, too bad, I had no time to listen in when I first saw it, decided to leave it for later..oh well, it is almost here anyway.

11. DannyBoy27

DannyBoy27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX480
    Dragon Rising does look like it will have some potential and might have some more fun and quickpaced gameplay - but in comparison, the features that Arma2 offers make DR look like even the full release will be a demo.

Ive been a massive fan of both Arma1 and OFP and both offered different enjoyment. I agree with a previous poster that Arma2, while a bugged out Alpha whore on release, is starting to shape up REALLY well at the moment. The game did run like crap, even on my rig which i thought would handle it for sure. But the optimisation and performance improvements + bugfixes have made the world of difference. Game + multi is running smoothly and most of the glaring bugs have been resolved.

And let me tell you, there is nothing more fun and engaging : than being chopper dropped into a hot LZ to support an allied squad - while close air support slams an enemy position and your own armour shows up on the horizon :p

Needless to say that I am loving Arma2 with my clan at the moment. The ability to quickly design detailed and awesome roleplay scenarios week to week is just another feature of Arma2 that makes the replayability of this game immense...

12. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    That sounds awesome, but the performance from the demo has me too scared to drop $50 on it. I am getting another GTX 280 since I returned my first one. And I am still on the fence if I am going to get a 380. But at the moment I have the card in my profile to the left and it isn't the fastest. I would hope Arma II is better but dragon rising is looking very nice to me as well.

13. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Love the ragdoll fx in OF:DR, wish they had those in ArmA2, too. Hardcoded death animations where ppl are half buried in a stairway or 1 leg disappears in a wall are so outdated.

I agree ArmA2 slowly gets better but it will still need some patience to finally get to good gameplay. And they should fix the bugs in all the dev tools, same old stuff than in ArmA1. It's a bad omen if long community mappers are leaving the ArmA forums because of buggy tools.

14. AuspiciousAugur

AuspiciousAugur Member Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    ARMA2 is shaping up into something awesome, but I'll be honest, I'm more than slightly disappointed with BIS, so many years of experience on their part and yet they can't release a stable and well running game. Yet they have resources to create elaborate copy protections (which are probably cracked just as fast). I have the game, but have shelved it till they patch it up. Meanwhile I'm really hoping DR will provide some fun and trouble free game play. I've followed every video they released and so far it does look quite nice in most regards.

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    seems like this flashpoint is nothing like good old flashpoints and arma 2 is more proper "sim" if you mind.

16. DannyBoy27

DannyBoy27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX480
    Exactly - and they both offer amazing content which is awesomeness. :p

17. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    go to the codemaster forums the game doesnt even come with a dedicated server massive fail not that im suprised.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  19. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Nice review, I wonder if a lot of these issues with the commands are better addressed on the PC. I wonder if I should buy two to play with my son. But I need more range on my network to get him up to speed.

20. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate

What does this statement mean ... "You can ease the search for enemies with the lower difficulty settings – which clearly mark their location on your compass and map "? I sure hope that this is a server option! What another run-and-gun-to-the-next-dot game?!