Operation flashpoint-dragon rising

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Unstable_Hero, Feb 19, 2009.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  2. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Well, even if the AI isn't that good and the command menu sucks it still is an enjoyable game.
    Had a guy waiting for me inside a house. He wounded me when i was about to walk into the front door. I stumpled back out and started shooting through the wooden door. Heard something dropped to the floor. Opened door and there he was.

Awesome. Wish ArmA2 had such great ragdoll fx.

3. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    Yeah, it is a lot of fun. Kind of reminds me of the original Ghost Recon before all the advanced warfighter crap. Right now I'm stuck trying to take the control tower at the airport, the AARV is not being much help. It just sits there.

4. shades3k

shades3k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB

5. bsc14

bsc14 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560 1gb
  6. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    the vehicles are terrible lol you can drive into rock 100mph and just bounce off it

is this game supposed to be comical?

ive sold my copy a while back but the bad memories stay with me

7. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    I'm 6 missions into the game, I don't find the AI bad. I find the control scheme clumsy if any thing and modders have already put up something already to cure that. If you follow the Op order in each mission and not charge in like a bull in a china shop you can beat these missions. I don't find it takes 20 bullets to take down a PLA soldier in a CQB situation. At a range of 100m+, of course. Have any of you tried to hit a moving target at that range in real life? The vast majority of you will say no. Its not as easy as it is in a video game. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a work in progress and progress it will. To have to think out and plan everything you do in this game is both challenging and refreshing.

8. gazhacket

gazhacket Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GT SLI 1024MB
    My team annoy me as i was blasting the hell out of the enemy and one of them ran right in front off me too late / brown bread :biggun:.
    Even thou your position your team the idiots still do what they want :cry:
    Or the bouncing helicopters and the enemy still get out of it and attack thats some helicopter

9. ARMYguy

ARMYguy Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan V
    You guys are finding some funny stuff in this game.... Weird how after hours of play i have not witnessed any of them!

great game btw.

10. chris

chris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX460
    im enjoying the game so far,die way to often.
    I only wish the squad will be more like COD modern warfare.
    Oh and when you drive a jeep,you cant look around,the camera angle stays in one position.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009

11. DAMAFIA

DAMAFIA Master Guru

GPU:
    7970@1180/1800
    its not bad was a bit disappointed..but with the AI and key mods quick menu toggle and aim toggle its alot better AI is much better at killing u and hiding
    the command system is a pain tho that key mod comes in use full was always forgetting to press q again.
    the weapon mod tho has a bug ive found on the pla sniper rifle 88 sumthing the m82 equivalent u cant kill ANYONE no matter wat!..stuff blows with one shot huts and thing BUT dont with out the mod in the editor or in game
    looks like it will be a good game DEPENDING on how modifiable it is but i dont think it will compare to ARMA with the ACE MOD and hopfully arma2 will be modded to bits as well

edit also the sights are a bit pants cant really see the markings on sum or like the red dot sight just obscures the target and looks crap i always shoot 4 hes normally got an acog lol he always cums back to like tho

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    omg for real?? lmao that is so weak

I had enough trying to fly the chopper.. I still don't understand how to move forward in it.. plus with a couple shots from the ground from some enemies can take out the chopper wayyyy too easily.

13. chris

chris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX460
    is there a way to let squad members heal one another?

14. DAMAFIA

DAMAFIA Master Guru

GPU:
    7970@1180/1800
    open command with Q over injuered player and a heal command pops up like enter car/jeep you can do it in the map F5 THEN 2 I THINK also if when u are down no one comes to heal you use the improved AI modd out there team AI and PLA AI are a lot better and ive not been left to die by by useless squad m8ts with the AI and dispersion mods the game IS WAY BETTER ther is also one so PLA AI use burst and single shot more and at a longer range like real squadies i mean full auto at 300m useless unless its mounted or prone

also noticed less recoil on full auto compared to 3rd burst one click in full auto fires 3ish with a lot less recoil than 3rd burst setting wich has a lot more climb its like your firing 3 rapid singles instead of just 3 on auto

15. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

Yeah, look at your medic and press Q then press W to TREAT WOUNDED :)

16. chris

chris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX460
    dam,but the enemy is so good in hiding away,I hear shot fires,I hear my spotter saying riflemen 100 meters north,but I cant see where the shots are coming from,then its reload again :bang:

17. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    theres a sort of compass at the top of you screen. when an enemy is spotted he's highlighted on the compass as a red triangle. then the intesity of the red triangle indicates the distance.

18. Smellbow

Smellbow Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    ...and then when you finally see him your dead :)

19. chris

chris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX460
    indeed,but im getting better at it.mission no 6 at the moment.:)

20. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ thats one other thing that I have trouble with.. constantly getting baraged by gunfire and I have no idea where its coming from until its almost too late and we've taken heavy fire.
    Is there no way to sneak up on these guys? I try to flank but it seems whether I'm in trees or out in the open they can see me every time. I try crouching and proning.. prone works better, but they can still pick you off pretty easy..