Operation flashpoint-dragon rising

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Unstable_Hero, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  2. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    I cant wait i just wanna get Online On OFP2 and drive some vehicles, im bored of stunt flying on bf2

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
  4. Pete1989

Pete1989 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4870

5. Synks

Synks Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce GTX 580
  6. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Flashpoint & Arma are full on military sims NOT BF2 so forget about "stunt flying" etc ;) .Also you will need a monster PC to run these properly especially Arma if the 1st effort is anything to go by,If Arma 2 is done rite the game can potetually top the military sim/shooter charts for a long time or it will fail big time like the first Arma because people's PC's could'nt run the dam thing really badly coded.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Another gameplay video, might be the same as the one on the previous page though in another resolution.
    (Still a camera shot so not that detailed.)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-operation-flashpoint/50855?type=flv

And part two of the video demonstration.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-operation-flashpoint/50857?type=flv

EDIT: Based on the second video it looks more like a standard FPS (Player survives multiple hits in close range to torso and head plus explosive red barrels amongst other things.) albeit with tactical elements compared to the original Operation Flashpoint or the more recent competitor ArmA / ArmA 2.

EDIT: (To a post further down) That explains it then. :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  8. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Very nice videos, as I said this game dont is an ArmA competitor, this game is a Battlefield competitor.

Is more a standard FPS, healt, fast reloads, artillery barrage, easy control ...

This game is what BF3 could be if EA was not destroy the serie with their casual policy.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    those r console version shots i guess..awesome...damn awesome

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    indeed it looks awesome :thumbup:

11. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    As stated on the game's forums, the game is on easy mode there. It includes stuff like ├╝ber armor plates for the player, the hit indicator etc etc...

12. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    I was looking forward to this game till i saw these vids on GT, now im just concerned by the .cough.cough. AI - well actually among other things...

13. DiEgO

DiEgO Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II
  14. DiEgO

DiEgO Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II
  15. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

Flashpoint is shaping up nicely and will be a very good upgrade to all the BF2 users out there, Arma 2 is the biggest pile of sh*te ive played in a long time and im just glad they released a demo cos its poor, OFP IS a game and not a full on military sim like Arma2. the videos are looking good so far whereas you could tell Arma 2 was gonna be poor from their video releases.

16. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I actually think ArmaII is an amazing game regarding the huge amount of research that has gone into it (in regards to making everything realistic). I also think the graphics are truly impressive, it has some of the best textures I've ever seen in a computer game. With that all said its that realizm that has made it tough for me to get into the game (even though I knew it was going to have a steep learning curve)! I'm gonna continue to play the demo and keep an open mind, if I can get comfortable with the control sceme and really get the hang of the gameplay I might buy the game but I'm still on the fence!

On the other hand Flashpoint looks awesome, the graphics look to be as good (if not better than ArmaII) and I think the gameplay/control sceme will be much more user friendly. So far this game is a must buy for me and I can't wait to play it (thanks for posting all those screenies and links diegollum, its greatly appreciated)!

17. KEZZA

KEZZA Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 670
    I think Arma 2 is not a great game mostly due to performance issues so maybe after a patch or two it may be a good game
    flashpoint looks a little bit of rainbow six mixed with bf2 imo
    Will not doubt buy both (when arma2 finally hits aussie shelves and i hate steam)

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    Operation Flashpoint 2 is gonna run smoother then arma2, heard from a Dutch employee that there working hard too get it run smooth :D

19. Dmented

Dmented Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix
  20. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I bought ArmA2 and i'm 50-50 on it. I really love the open gameplay in the campaign (you decide what you do next), but the performance is VERY dynamic. You can have 40 - 10 fps, depending how many AI scripts are running in the background.

Apart from that, zooming via ironsight through bushes creates huge mouse lag if you have details on high. It's kinda ok when i set it to medium, but the bushes look pretty ugly.

All in all, i can decide to play with ugly gfx, or with lag. Until it's patched up some more ArmA2 is not worth buying atm. (my opinion) This comes from an old OpF vet from day 1. ArmA1 is still my mil shooter nr1.

Interesting to see how DragonRising shapes up. If it's like an island-wide Cod4 i'm gonna buy it. :)